Titan Oya Rewards & Update 18.03 | 18 April

Paul_Crowther

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders!

The time has come to take out another Titan target! The Thargoid Titan Oya in Cephei Sector BV-Y b4 looks set to be vulnerable on Thursday 18th April! With your combined efforts you can unleash the military might of humanity and reduce the xenos invaders to space dust!

Oya Rewards

For every Titan you work to defeat you will earn incrementally different rewards. Titan Oya is the 3rd Titan brought down which means if you have previously been involved in fighting the last two Titans you will receive the following rewards:
DecalForums.png

The next Titan conquest decal. We are working to release black and white versions of these decals following your feedback!
ShipForum.jpg

A new ship kit for the Krait

Pilots also receive arx and credits for taking down Titan hearts and damaging the core.

Update 18.03​

On Thursday 18 April we are releasing Update 18.03 which specifically focuses on improvements to some of the stability issues encountered with the Titans. Please be aware that we are still investigating these issues but this patch should offer significant improvement.

If you experience vents or the core becoming stuck or unresponsive please switch to playing in private group or playing solo.

Release Schedule (Times in UTC)
  • 5am UTC - In game maintenance messages begin
  • 7am UTC - Servers offline for maintenance and deployment of Update 18.03
  • (Update)12pm UTC* - Servers online and update 18.03 available
*This is an approximated time and subject to change should additional maintenance be required

Should you experience any issues after this update please be sure to report them on this Issue Tracker page to help our developers investigate further.

Last edited:
Sorry, fell into a quantum vortex again and lost all track of time, location and any sense of my corporeal being. The correct date of 18 April has now been added in.
Good news! If I may ask, is the new ship kit for both the Krait Mk II and the Krait Phantom?

Good news! If I may ask, is the new ship kit for both the Krait Mk II and the Krait Phantom?
The one in your profile pic, its very clear in both pics....
KraitMk2 have 2 thruster blocks, phantom have a single line and lack Carapace pack in the livery shop ;) .

I like the approach of alternating a conventional ship with an unconventional ship. Here's hoping the next one is the T10!

And don't think I didn't notice the color change on that decal! I hope the level 8 one GLOWS :D

The one in your profile pic, its very clear in both pics....
KraitMk2 have 2 thruster blocks, phantom have a single line and lack Carapace pack in the livery shop ;) .
I know that very well, but since he didn't specify beyond 'Krait' it needed clarification.

The subtext I read here is that the free Alerts wave for M. Oya, some of which appeared in systems we had only just cleared, was indeed just to delay us while Titans are fixed, which is the terrible scenario we all hoped was not the case. The clearance timing is significant because the Galaxy map says explicitly for a cleared empty Control system:

Thargoids will retreat from the system, leaving it unpopulated.

The free Alerts touched not a single Recovery system, exactly as if somebody placing them just saw non-war systems and forgot that the simulation they were about to break involved respite intervals.

Note a few very wise comments from that time:

This is ridiculous now. If they don't want us doing something just say so instead of cheating.

My tin-foil hat theory is they've finally worked out what's causing the core bugging out and need another couple of weeks to test and deploy an update so we don't have a third case of "everyone who was in the system that week gets the decal", so we've hit the brakes.

I appreciate that many people invest a lot of time and effort in the war, so it's understandable to be disappointed if the rules are not respected. Still, I like some Titan bashing and would rather have it fixed than broken.

The subtext I read here is that the free Alerts wave for M. Oya, some of which appeared in systems we had only just cleared, was indeed just to delay us while Titans are fixed, which is the terrible scenario we all hoped was not the case. The clearance timing is significant because the Galaxy map says explicitly for a cleared empty Control system:

Thargoids will retreat from the system, leaving it unpopulated.

The free Alerts touched not a single Recovery system, exactly as if somebody placing them just saw non-war systems and forgot that the simulation they were about to break involved respite intervals.

Note a few very wise comments from that time:
Seems like tinfoil to me.

I bet we'll have new and unique responses from each Titan as the war draws closer to the end, up to and including the Titans actually moving.

After all, if every Titan were like all the others, the war would get pretty dull.

I bet we'll have new and unique responses from each Titan as the war draws closer to the end, up to and including the Titans actually moving.

If anything remotely like that occurs again, where systems such as Cephei Sector WO-A b3 are allowed to go straight back to Alert again in contravention of the Galaxy map description and after many evenings of our time spent just having cleared it, INIV will be out of the war entirely.

Top Bottom