Thargoid invasion - Next target systems?

The disadvantage (in some scenarios) is that firing a thermal vent at the titan will keep it excited and not go to a lower alert level.

Personally I'm favoring a cold ship and heat sinks.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one going for that sort of set up. It does mean I have to keep going back for heatsinks, but I was just doing it for the decal any way. There are easier ways to make money in the Elite galaxy

The disadvantage (in some scenarios) is that firing a thermal vent at the titan will keep it excited and not go to a lower alert level.
Personally I'm favoring a cold ship and heat sinks.

Definitely I am prepared just to use Heat sinks if that would help; at present I find that the only thing which stops me from dealing just over 40% Core damage at every possible Vents is if a Glaive takes interest. That can happen immediately upon arrival though!

It does mean I have to keep going back for heatsinks

As the cheapest item in the Galaxy to synthesise, perhaps consider trading for a stockpile of the materials? It will save much time later!

Anyone else tried SCO for Orthrus hunting, am finding it much easier to reach NHSS-4's and hence more kills per hour
Timestamps from my journal this morning all in one system, had a bit of a run from one to the next

10:04:18 10:07:55 10:11:31 10:15:48 10:19:14

and last night when not paying as much attention
(I'd been near Raijin as a few alert systems near each other)

23:25:22 23:30:35 23:36:48 23:40:15 23:59:58
Ship (EDSY)

Turns out you can drop the bio-storage capsules off at Lhou Mans, pays less than rescue ships but handy if you want to rescue as many people as possible and/or can't be bothered swapping FSDs around

Turns out you can drop the bio-storage capsules off at Lhou Mans, pays less than rescue ships but handy if you want to rescue as many people as possible and/or can't be bothered swapping FSDs around
You can turn them in anywhere, the rescue ships are just the intended dropoff point... both for the in-game effect(which is currently basically pointless and won't have any use at Oya anyway), and 'in-lore' for being properly(or at least most) regulated, not just dumped and "lost" on a station somewhere.

M. Hadad update with some periphery considerations; this week 73 and starting with the farthest, the remaining peripheral systems are:
Col 285 Sector OR-B b14-9 Alert 30% *30.6%25 Ly, 547 strength
Col 285 Sector OR-B b14-8 Alert 98% — 25 Ly, 16 strength
Col 285 Sector VS-Z b14-3 Matrix 70% — 24 Ly
Col 285 Sector VS-Z b14-6 Alert 83% — 24 Ly, 192 strength
Col 285 Sector VS-Z b14-1 Alert 95% — 23 Ly, 63 strength
Col 285 Sector SH-B b14-6 Control 80% — 20 Ly, 566 strength, 570 delivered
Col 285 Sector PM-B b14-1 Control 68% — 19 Ly, 997 strength, 1033 delivered

TargetPeripheralHeldRemainingCarrierLocationNote
Col 285 Sector PM-B b14-1Yes10330INV Astral FlameCol 285 Sector NR-B b14-6Delivered
Col 285 Sector SH-B b14-6Yes5700INV. Light of AchenarCol 285 Sector UC-B b14-0Delivered
Col 285 Sector PM-B b14-2No36140INV. Wrath of WinterCol 285 Sector NR-B b14-6Delivered
Col 285 Sector US-Z b14-0No40160INV Astral FlameCol 285 Sector YY-X b15-3Delivered
Col 285 Sector RM-B b14-2No31260INV. Light of AchenarCol 285 Sector RN-T d3-79Delivered

Updated 21:50 24th April 3310; thank you!
All open-order systems are intended for completion this week 73. The INTRA M. Hadad page shows the relevant inventory of INIV carriers.

Except for the Matrix system, these will all be completed this week insofar as INIV could do it, although it would be even better if we do not have to visit that many Alerts! This is because it would be good if we can advance the week 74 periphery a bit further instead, an example of which is just having cleared Col 285 Sector VS-Z b14-0, a non-peripheral week 74 attacker.

Assuming Col 285 Sector VS-Z b14-3 plus all further non-peripheral systems survive, the next week 74 farthest systems would be:

SystemDistanceStrengthRole
Col 285 Sector VS-Z b14-324.12 LySpire sitePeripheral
Col 285 Sector RM-B b14-421.89 Ly1546Peripheral
Col 285 Sector SX-Z b14-019.08 LySpire sitePeripheral
Col 285 Sector VS-Z b14-018.84 Ly3509
Col 285 Sector PM-B b14-218.74 Ly3601
Muruidooges18.37 Ly6296Peripheral
Col 285 Sector US-Z b14-018.22 Ly4081
Col 285 Sector RM-B b14-218.16 Ly4129
Col 285 Sector QM-B b14-217.63 Ly4614Peripheral
Col 285 Sector RM-B b14-317.63 Ly4620Peripheral
Col 285 Sector SH-B b14-417.58 Ly4667Peripheral attacker
Col 285 Sector KW-M c7-1217.57 Ly4670Peripheral attacker
Col 285 Sector KW-M c7-3017.55 Ly4690Peripheral attacker
Col 285 Sector QM-B b14-717.40 Ly4831Peripheral attacker
Col 285 Sector US-Z b14-117.35 Ly4877

That the week 74 periphery now reaches an attacker is quite valuable, and anything extra cleared in week 73 will advance the week 74 periphery further into those attackers. Definitely we can remove Col 285 Sector PM-B b14-2 with time to spare for those remaining systems above, but any further would start needing others to cover that clean-up.

Then again, the latter three attackers are all targeting one system Col 285 Sector RM-B b14-6 at 22.79 Ly, so it may be better not to worry about it and allow that extra Alert in week 75. Really it needs an advance of two to be worth trying to stop that Alert, and a very unlikely advance of three would mean we open next week by targeting HR 2204 for a few days to stop yet another.

No worries either way though; we will take opportunities as presented and let the pace be as afforded. That limited ability for the periphery to reach attackers is exactly what I meant earlier with Spire sites congestion!

Last edited:
I updated a few things above; thanks to the wonderful Alert clearance and a good few extra Control contributions, I am quite sure we can advance the periphery with two more systems, which will let us stop one more Alert next week comfortably in addition to clearing a completed 85% periphery. Further assistance this week, either by delivery to the above Carriers or by direct system completion, will let us advance three more systems and stop two more Alerts comfortably.

Given the rule of threes and if FD do indeed subscribe to that, I wonder if some new twist will happen.

We have a few wild speculations:
  • For the first time in known history of the Galaxy, Thargoids attempt parley, perhaps involving the apparently-forgotten Jin-ae. It will be quite difficult if Thargoids have indeed a common mind and fail to understand that Humans do not, thus also fail to understand the notion of an agitator acting alone.
  • Something I noticed earlier today—examining the Thargoid War information for previous Titan systems such as HIP 8887, and looking very closely at the background within the dead rings, there is a very faint red heartbeat signal still present. Even if the Titan is a visible shipwreck when visited, something is still pulsing a signal with the unmistakable double-beat of a heart.

I too have been wondering if we actually get to attack all eight Titans, or eventually the survivors will be smart enough to retreat. Surely all eight won't just sit there and take it? Not very smart for a species that's supposedly been starfaring since before humans discovered fire.

Something I noticed earlier today—examining the Thargoid War information for previous Titan systems such as HIP 8887, and looking very closely at the background within the dead rings, there is a very faint red heartbeat signal still present. Even if the Titan is a visible shipwreck when visited, something is still pulsing a signal with the unmistakable double-beat of a heart.
That is the case since Taranis was destroyed - I'm thinking it is more like a "signal" of sorts - green and 'calmer' when a Titan is fully operational, it switches to being more agitated once down to four hearts and changes from green to red. It fully becomes red when the "meltdown" starts and the 'signal bar' is most active during that period. What exactly it does mean during those first three phases is unclear, so I'm basing my assumption of "signal display" off of the 'Titan destroyed' stage where it, as you've observed, is very faintly active.

Residual emissions from the wreckage - however, I have heard people report that Scouts patrolling the wreckage early on would immediately react to attempts at retrieval of the bits and pieces which can be shot off from the Titan remnant. And, if the other Thargoid shipwrecks we have seen to date are anything to go by, something may well remain active, to a degree*. If extremely unlikely it has any role to play in the war from here.

And on this subject - while I haven't yet made a comparison, being there at Oya's destruction gave me the impression it made a different 'sound' to Leigong and Taranis prior to the explosion. Of course, I'll be there to verify its (exact) status when its wreckage does become accessible... even though I'm sure someone will get to it before me.

*I recall reading somewhere that tests of the enzyme missile rack on Thargoid shipwrecks resulted in those remnants neutralizing the enzyme despite being dead for over a century. Likewise, even relatively inert Thargoid biotechnology seems to be rather resilient to decay... looking at how we can find the signs of battle from millions of years ago around Guardian sites. One has to wonder how long the Titan wrecks will remain if not picked apart entirely, or if they don't de-orbit and crash on the ammonia worlds which they orbit(some of which have dense enough atmospheres to probably just crush the hulls before they can reach the surface - without any data to tell what pressures a Titan hull, fully or partially intact, can resist).

I too have been wondering if we actually get to attack all eight Titans, or eventually the survivors will be smart enough to retreat. Surely all eight won't just sit there and take it? Not very smart for a species that's supposedly been starfaring since before humans discovered fire.
What the remaining Titans do or how they respond depends entirely on whatever purpose they were said to be here for, which is still just as up in the clouds as before. And reducing those things to piles of rubble doesn't really make for a particular ground to understand either. Beyond that this elusive goal is apparently worth throwing three(or more) giant ships under the bus.

If their goal was to search for something within the Bubble, even just moving throughout it would have achieved better results than remaining stationary at the edges of human space and - partly - ineffectually fighting over the same space repeatedly. Or continuing the regular modus operandi while those Titans are no longer quite as invulnerable as before. If the whole goal was just to plant down those spires, I'm not sure that would have needed eight Titans, and they could also just have put them down and left the towers standing (always only in unpopulated space, I might add) as we scratched our heads about whatever they are really for. Sure doesn't seem like they are extremely vital or that impactful on damage resistance - Oya continued to Very High with 9 controls and 2 spires(one of those reactivated, but readout said it was the same as the other).

And that other elephant in the room, the abductions. If they were hoping to use them as a discouragement from Titan destruction... can't say it's working too well.

(I somewhat doubt that all 8 will actually go down, though there would also probably be some annoyance at not getting the full Titan killer decal or whatever if that were the case.)

Last edited:
As much as destroying all eight of them would be one hell of a victory, I have to agree with you on this.

"We've analyzed their attack, my Queen, and there IS a danger. Shall I have your ship standing by?"

I believe once we're down to just two of them, someone is going to nudge the queen and make that above statement.

OR, they may decide to cut their losses, ramp up the drive and flee to the COL 70 Sector, and maybe then we get to give chase.

OR, like you suggested, they may sue for peace, use the information they've been sucking out of those people's heads in their titan ships, and initiate communication with the creatures kicking their abdomens.

Who knows? Maybe they'll become a new Power. I know @Rubbernuke will be the first to make friends and maybe score some pictures of the queen's tarsus (feet). All six of them.

I know @Rubbernuke will be the first to make friends and maybe score some pictures of the queen's tarsus (feet). All six of them.
1713852617850.png

Apart from the Orthrus have you ever known a 'goid to run away?

Thanks to direct attacks, consistent payload assistance and an absolutely ample amount of peripheral progress:
  • The last of the non-Matrix peripheral systems has been delivered, and should show completion soon! After that, Spire actions will only add surplus progress to Col 285 Sector VS-Z b14-3; this will help only if we have not quite enough Spire support next week to remove both outer sites.
  • INIV is committing to clear both Col 285 Sector US-Z b14-0 and Col 285 Sector RM-B b14-2 this week; they are just over 4000 each, but it should cause the periphery next week to reach the most attackers possible, preventing all the Alerts we can. Notably the former may also become more valuable Carrier parking space for the popular Spire at Col 285 Sector US-Z b14-7, asteroids permitting.
With two Matrix systems blocking the next week 74 periphery and the weakest peripheral Control strength becoming above 4600, may I ask a @Grimscrub about the prospect of a full 100% peripheral progress? The ideal plan is that a completion rate of Spire support begins Thursday, alongside opening standard clearance Carrier orders for HR 2204 (14496) to prevent its attack while the peripheral progress accumulates, then storm through the weakened systems later with several per evening.

Apart from the Orthrus have you ever known a 'goid to run away?

When fighting an Interceptor close enough to a planet surface that it cannot make a Swarm but far enough that it thinks it can reach a Swarm-friendly altitude, it will fly upwards dozens of kilometers to do so!

Top Bottom