Summer 2024 DLC Speculation

and knowing frontier they love not adding baboons.
Nah they're just waiting for the right moment, one way or another we'll see this absolute stunner in the game soon.
1714089417045.png

Honestly though? I'm not even gonna think about the next pack after Barnyard Animal pack. I'm just excited for all the secret goodies we may get in the upcoming update. We usually get something, no matter how small...

Unlikely, but a couple of animal remakes would be quite nice...
The lemur screenshot looks kinda like it may have been retouched....I don't remember them looking so realistic.

Have you guys noticed the official Planco/Planzo dictionary on the official PZ page? It also list names of animals in game. The weird part is, I found words like "Hamadryas" "Baboon" "Civet" "Secretary"...

Would be pretty random to translate such words...unless they were used in Planet Coaster?
baboon could be about the mandrill since people often confuse the 2 likely guests will as well. Secretary could be referring to the profession but civet and hamadryas are interesting it is now my mission to compile all the missing animals and make a thread about it.

Nice observation. There are a few small things that are in the games that could or could not be possibly a hint. Like the sloth and macaw posters in some of the staff facilities and the masai giraffe sign.
there are still a few such as the macaw posters, ladybugs and bee stickers and the cobra poster from what I remember. I did try to catalogue them at some point but some of them are so vague like is the snail sticker a new type of snail or just a bad representative of the snail we have.

How would y'all feel about an animal thought panel?
Something just for fun like: "Abner the otter is going to swim" or "Paul Pablo the swan is eating"

Not essential, really, not even important, but it would be sorta useful if you wanna see your animals perform interesting behaviors that players may like in particular (like, I love the spitting camelids. I wanna catch them in the act, maybe even screenshot it if I can)

How would y'all feel about an animal thought panel?
Something just for fun like: "Abner the otter is going to swim" or "Paul Pablo the swan is eating"

Not essential, really, not even important, but it would be sorta useful if you wanna see your animals perform interesting behaviors that players may like in particular (like, I love the spitting camelids. I wanna catch them in the act, maybe even screenshot it if I can)
This reminds me of when I get an alert that says “X animal is about to inbreed” and I be like “yeah just need to put this piece down and I’ll stop it in a sec” then a second later when I get there:
1714099758556.gif

It’s always too late.

Anyway it’s a good feature just needs to come alongside some sort of slowmo mode or replay mode so I can see it in time lol

There are a lot of words on there that don't make sense.
. Marshmallow
. Mascot
. Meditrerannian
. Melancholy
. Helix
. Highlighter
. Hockey
. Hybrid
. Prix

I feel like the devs got bored and started adding random words for the heck of it. The African species seem too specific though.
Wouldnt mascot be from planet coaster. The dictionary is surprisingly compressive like it has BST as in there what npc is going around talking about time zones.
I really want to see someone mod the planco language into planet zoo.

Wouldnt mascot be from planet coaster. The dictionary is surprisingly compressive like it has BST as in there what npc is going around talking about time zones.
I really want to see someone mod the planco language into planet zoo.
TL;DR is another one, in the # category.

It's English with word substitutions, to people that don't know English, it probably sounds pretty similar, being grammatically the same, with similar pronunciation.

The dictionary is only useful for turning English into PlanCo, not the reverse, as the first letter often changes, so it'd force you to give up on understanding what people in game are saying.

There's also still basic stuff missing, like "is", and some different words with the same spelling are different, but the majority are the same situation as English.

English: I will toy with, and train with, a toy train.

PlanCo: E ser tabo villa, at shama villa, a tabo drewst.

Last edited:
baboon could be about the mandrill since people often confuse the 2 likely guests will as well. Secretary could be referring to the profession but civet and hamadryas are interesting it is now my mission to compile all the missing animals and make a thread about it.
Yeah, could be. Someone pointed out civet could be in regards of Binturong. But "Hamadryas" and "Goodfellow" are really oddly specific.

You joke but in terms of 'clones' I unironically think the Sumatran orangutan would be a decent addition, if only to get a potentially more high-quality orangutan model. I doubt they'd reanimate it from scratch so it moves more like an orangutan should instead of a gorilla, but in terms of fur texturing and such, I'd love to see them do it.
Last animal pack of the game, reworked species:
  • Sumatran orangutan
  • European brown bear
  • South African lion
  • Iberian wolf
  • Sitatunga
  • Masai giraffe
  • Sumatran elephant
  • Rough-scaled death adder, Ringed brown snake, Emerald tree boa, Black-tailed rattlesnake (E)

We have both the Mandrill and Japanese Macaque with glorious behinds ingame already so can't see that being a reason.
Let's not forget how proudly developers talked in the release about all the work they had put into researching and animating the poop of each species.

I went to the North Carolina Zoo today! I saw Hamadryas baboons for the first time!

I’m not trying to rain on anyone’s parade, but I can think of one large RED reason they may not be added into the game. I mean all the kids were pointing at it and laughing.
While I would love to see the monkeys in full glory including the red 'donkey', they could always go for an option like with the chimps where they just don't go through the effort of making that part explicit.

Isnt it only a thing when the females are in heat? I mean most of the old world monkeys like chimps and macaques for example do that to "advertise" fertility when ovulating, although not to the extreme of baboons. Most of the time its the usual monkey sitting pads.
Just keep it the normal way like they did for the chimps and it should be fine.

I mean it should be fine either way since its just part of nature, but they didnt do such breeding season or general season changes for other animals either. The artic fox doesnt change color, the deers dont drop their antlers and the monkeys dont swell their bums.
Not including the baboons to avoid showing their behinds is creating a solution to a not existing problem really.

Last edited:
Yeah, could be. Someone pointed out civet could be in regards of Binturong. But "Hamadryas" and "Goodfellow" are really oddly specific.
I dont get how the binturong and civet relate yes they are part of the same subfamily but none of the binturongs common or scientific names have any relation to the word civet

I dont get how the binturong and civet relate yes they are part of the same subfamily but none of the binturongs common or scientific names have any relation to the word civet
Ive seen the name civet being used form the whole of viveridae before which includes binturongs, like you sometimes see mustelids being called weasles. And there are some animals called civets that are not even part of viverridae like asian palm civets or the malagassy civet which is in the same genus as the fossa.
Edit: its the african palm civet whoops

Last edited:
Top Bottom