Patch Notes Update Update 1.1.02 Incoming - 4pm GMT

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Yep. My sound issues are also back. Not to mention lost money from random destroys and lost cargo. I give up on this game. Worst game ever made. I'm selling this piece of software junk today.

Cheers.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA *breath*
BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH... etc. etc.

I'm gaming since C64 and, please, that's the door. Sell your PC as well and buy some Playdoh.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA *breath*
BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH... etc. etc.

I'm gaming since C64 and, please, that's the door. Sell your PC as well and buy some Playdoh.

How about i can play all games with no problem and only problems in the game comes from Elite? How about you stop talking nonsense and check the forum filled with bugs and bad game experiences? How about you go and check some streams where people stopped playing Elite cuz it's filled with bugs, random crashes etc. And then talk again. Playdoh? I don't even know what are you talking about. Go back watch those stripes and stars on your flag.

People are reporting about bugs that are preventing them to cash exploration data. Is this valid only for exploration data before 1.1 or is there bug also with explorations after 1.1.02? I am just about fitting my cobra for exploration.

The version is 1.1.02.

Michael

Put in a ticket last nite, using 1.1.02 for version on ticket didnt work, i had to use 57320 to get the ticket accepted, waiting on support to move my ship now

Tried all the tiny numbers posted in lower left corner of launcher, til hit on the above combo working.

Last edited:
People are reporting about bugs that are preventing them to cash exploration data. Is this valid only for exploration data before 1.1 or is there bug also with explorations after 1.1.02? I am just about fitting my cobra for exploration.
Probably for data previous to 1.1

How about i can play all games with no problem and only problems in the game comes from Elite? How about you stop talking nonsense and check the forum filled with bugs and bad game experiences? How about you go and check some streams where people stopped playing Elite cuz it's filled with bugs, random crashes etc. And then talk again. Playdoh? I don't even know what are you talking about. Go back watch those stripes and stars on your flag.

How about you grow up? Worst game ever, what do you even know about games? Pfft, get outta here...

Yep. My sound issues are also back. Not to mention lost money from random destroys and lost cargo. I give up on this game. Worst game ever made. I'm selling this piece of software junk today.

Cheers.

Someone call a Waaambulance... See ya, I'm sure you'll be missed.

Still no fix for the data.ovx validation error I see. The automated reply from Support has changed to clear the IE temp and internet files. Tried that - Even though I had never opened IE on this PC. Nope. Even their provided replacement files didn't work and a full uninstall with complete removal of all this FD/ED resulted in a data.ovx error upon attempt to reinstall. Fixed with a file proved by the community (Mack in the support forum - Thanks mate). In any case the only solution is a workaround - and this time it still needs another 3+GB download. :(

Cyranis; said:
The game is out. Perks for backers and whatnot are great, if they are one time deals. I for one and starting to feel like a second class citizen. All these persistent discounts and what not .. It's pretty close to pay to win.
Only second class Citizens feel beneath others... I'm not concerned what the other commanders get. Spend your energy doing your best, don't waste your pecious energy and time.
I entirely agree with Cyranis' point. I don't think he is whinging.
For a game to be fair, it requires the same rules for all. Ongoing discounts etc change that. Fine that you get the discount for becoming Elite - that's potentially attainable by all. Getting it as a backer *is* approaching 'pay for win' and is one step away from being able to buy an upgrade with PayPal. The rewards for backing should be 'one off' rewards of free ship and unique distinctions such as special paintjobs etc - not ongoing advantage however slight. Remember early backers have the advantage of being further into the game with more experience and resultant better rankings. In some ways that is its own reward in open play.

Last edited:
Just wanted to chip in with a positive comment re: community goals. I decided to deviate from my same old rares route and tooks my Witchhaul rares out to Yembo instead. For that alone I suspect "community goals" have probably succeeded in their aim (i.e. getting players to go somewhere else for a change). There's a lot of players down here, feels like there's a real buzz of activity which is great. One feature which I think would really help tho' is the idea of a local chat channel (as featured in other MMO's). I can say hi to individual players one at a time but it would be wonderful (and really add to the feeling of a local buzz) if I could see a stream of chatter from nearby commanders. Yeah sure, it would be open to abuse but I think the pro's would outweigh the con's.

On a general notion may I suggest FD release major updates with more care. The time to release for 1.1 was too narrow, important errors from beta were not fixed in time. It did look precipitate as does the announced 1.2 release schedule next month. Take more time, value error correction over release date. Repeating hastily put together updates will do considerable damage, I fear.

Good luck with the hotfixes and thanks to the team for the commitment.

How about you grow up? Worst game ever, what do you even know about games? Pfft, get outta here...

I should grow up? It is worst game i have ever played and i played bunch of them. You don't actually be a gaming professional to see that this game is broken. Specially funny is the that a guy who tells me to grow up use get outta here in the same breath. Hahahaha.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Someone call a Waaambulance... See ya, I'm sure you'll be missed.

Missed or not I'm done with this piece of junk. Have fun waiting on new patches which will make your gaming experience less miserable.

On a general notion may I suggest FD release major updates with more care. The time to release for 1.1 was too narrow, important errors from beta were not fixed in time. It did look precipitate as does the announced 1.2 release schedule next month. Take more time, value error correction over release date. Repeating hastily put together updates will do considerable damage, I fear.

Good luck with the hotfixes and thanks to the team for the commitment.

Well said sir. Had more care been taken, FD could have now been putting their energy into the next stage instead of mopping up the mess created by releasing 1.1 too early.

I hope its a lesson learned, because the feeling I get is that FD really care about the product and their customers (though I am sure those in the unanswered ticket void would disagree).

No. Get a better internet connection.

Do you not realize that to treat you special they would have to treat everyone special and who's to say I didn't purposely throttle my internet connection because I saw something risky about to happen and said F-that ...Do over.

You die, you die. If it's your internet on the fritz, your cat jumps on your keyboard. Your house explodes in a fireball. You get violently ill. You pass out from a medical condition. All of your personal issues do not matter. It all is treated the same. You died. Chalk it up to bad luck and move on.

Wholeheartedly agree and thanks for making me laugh this morning mate :D

I wonder how many 'Woe is me posts' are actually genuine (not this post) and are just looking for FD to pay for their mistakes!

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Cheers.

Its only a small number of people having these issues. Not seeing it on Facebook or much anywhere else. Maybe a pc upgrade/health check is in order. Only issues ive ever had is the matchmaking one and the slight stutter in supercruise which turned out to be a code that they have now removed. Since then no stutter. Game is very good at the moment, sure the missions etc are borked but im sure that will get sorted soon. Fingers crossed anyway!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom