Patch Notes Update Update 1.1.02 Incoming - 4pm GMT

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
They just corrected the galaxy model and broke things in the process.

That's an understatement. The bounty-issuing authorities who no longer control any stations, star-positions-to-star-data mapping, ship locations and commander docking assignments, all of this... it could have been discovered with a simple, routine, automated data-integrity check before pushing to the live servers.

These are all newbie software developer mistakes. Frontier is in full control of their finite number of servers, with direct and at-will access to their databases. They can check for all these sorts of issues and cut down drastically on adding new problems to their list if they'd just perform the necessary due diligence.

That's an understatement. The bounty-issuing authorities who no longer control any stations, star-positions-to-star-data mapping, ship locations and commander docking assignments, all of this... it could have been discovered with a simple, routine, automated data-integrity check before pushing to the live servers.

These are all newbie software developer mistakes. Frontier is in full control of their finite number of servers, with direct and at-will access to their databases. They can check for all these sorts of issues and cut down drastically on adding new problems to their list if they'd just perform the necessary due diligence.

Windows OS? Patch Tuesday? Multi-Billion dollar company and even they can't get it right.

The game is out. Perks for backers and whatnot are great, if they are one time deals. I for one and starting to feel like a second class citizen. All these persistent discounts and what not .. It's pretty close to pay to win.

You are you reaching there - I bet your turning on the tears too.

There is no win in this game. However what they did do is:
Pay for the game development so that the game actually got a release
And obviously pay to be insulted by a minority of idiots this game has unfortunately attracted - idiots who could have had the same discounts had they not been so cheap.

I heard some people invested a few £k - Would you had been here whining if that was the price at release I wonder....

Last edited:
I don't think that's possible, i got smoother gameplay overall, and my cpu is an old Core 2 Duo.
Check your background processes to see if there's something eating your processing power while playing Elite.

Also, the game connection usage peaks at FSD engagement and/or it could be a memory issue too, so check those out if you want to be 100% sure.

Not saying you're wrong or anything, i can be the exception in this case. Just trying to help. =]

I have put in a ticket to support to help resolve the stuttering issue that I thought I had resolved. Details can be found in the following thread.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=105473

My system is not meek. My CPU is idle when not playing. Disk usage is almost nil, and I have one 1TB drive dedicated to games. I put my anti-virus software into gaming mode when playing.

My video card is detected by Elite: Dangrous automatically and set to the Ultra preset and 1080x1200 resolution at 59.970fps. I have not updated to the 1.1.02 version yet. It "feels" like one or more of the items below triggers the problem.

1) When entering Hyperspace. The texture generation algorithm was modified to be easier on our systems. It used to be fairly smooth where as the 1.1 patch it stutters mightily.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=108887

They state that this issue was fixed in the link above:

- Tweaks to reduce stuttering around planets caused by surface texture generation

2) When approaching a planet. Again the texture generation algorithm may be the culprit. I have core parking turned off and my Core i7-3770K is overclocked at standard voltage from 3.5Ghz to 4.2Ghz.

3) When approaching Earth, which appears to be composed of static images, I stutter in Supercruise.

4) When approaching a large space station with or without any planets nearby. This is probably a texture load issue.

I am not using a solid state drive, but then again that should not be needed as no other game I have ever played has had an issue like this.

I will be paving my dedicated game drive tomorrow for no logical reason other than to ensure that everything is sterile on that drive.

Only thing I have to complain about the latest update is that it still doesn't fix the keyboard layout issue. That is an utter regression from 1.0.

Also, can we do something about the massive amount of clean ships in unidentified signal's? It's bad enough that the number of wanted ships and their values have gone down in super cruise, but almost 5 out of 6 USS's are complete nonsense. It's a waste of time on top of a decreased income rate. If you're trying to draw people into non-violent means of income in the game, this is not the way to do it.

Finally, can we give the NPCs who want to act like sissies and frame shift whenever they get scratched some more appropriate comm lines? They talk all kinds of trash when instead they should be crying and begging for their lives as they run away with their tail between their legs. If they're going to run away, they should have some more cowardly banter, at least then it would amuse me since on top of the above situations I mentioned, this is another time waste further reducing income. Perhaps throw an easter egg into the running away banter befitting of the CMDR's who opt for the same ...like "Time to combat log, i traded my way up to this big expensive ship in Solo mode" or "Stop! Hacker! I'm only losing because FD nerfed the shield cells and python stats!" or "Griefer!! Griefer!! Why dont you get a ship I have a better chance at beating? No Fair! Alt+F4 this, Griefer!" that kind of stuff.

Last edited:
Even after this patch, I am still getting a lot of studders in SC. Especially while close to planets. Is anyone else having this?

Just wanted to leave a comment and say, thanks guys for all the hard work. I've been playing a few few hours now since 1.1.02 (mostly trading at the moment) and enjoying the experience very much. :)

Did they increase the frequency of interdictions (sp?) by npcs with patch? I was planning on using my hauler with is higher jump range then my cobra for exploring and getting my name on a few stars/planets but being jumped 3 or 4 times each system I venture in not gonna make that feasible, specially since i seem to only rarely if ever evade them. So far been able to outrun em by boosting over and over but i know thats not gonna work forever. I almost wet myself once when looked and saw was an Imperial Clipper on my tail.

crashed my python due to your bug

i was comeing in to the letter box of a station while my friend was exiting at an angel. then my internet droped for about 30s, but befor i can get out of the way the wire around the opening gets me and i was slamed in to by his unguided ship. me being a HEAVY on tradeing outfitted my ships to have the MAX amount of cargo possible.
i just got my python and was able to outfit it with 276 cargo slots. by the end i hade enough money to rebuy it. but i did not count wat i need for cargo. saw that i need about 2mill for cargo and bought 2mill of cargo. left station and came back with other set of cargo only made a small profit of 50k cuz trade route was dieing. so all together i had about 2.5 mill in Cr. and my prython cost about 3mill to rebuy.

but that is besides the point. i died because my internet droped and a PLAYER ship was not able to move because he was "not there" to move it.
so all i am asking is to at least get a stock python. because i think i might go insane if i have to regrind all that hours to get to the same spot.
you will probably read this and think i am crazy to ask this but other games like World of tanks and MMOs have a terrible support team but i belive elite has one of the best and if not, one of my favorites.

I Love this game but i Just cant spend 200 hours grinding up the ships to it again please frontier.

in the newest patch, 1.1.02 i saw that you restored a check that prevented multiple lumps of damage. i Think i was hit with this bug but i am not shure.
been waiting for a few days now

No. Get a better internet connection.

Do you not realize that to treat you special they would have to treat everyone special and who's to say I didn't purposely throttle my internet connection because I saw something risky about to happen and said F-that ...Do over.

You die, you die. If it's your internet on the fritz, your cat jumps on your keyboard. Your house explodes in a fireball. You get violently ill. You pass out from a medical condition. All of your personal issues do not matter. It all is treated the same. You died. Chalk it up to bad luck and move on.

Darn shut-down warning needs fixing. It said shut-down in 30 mins but my game crashed at 20 mins just as i was interdicted. My ship seemed to be disabled with 1 shot by NPC. I hope i didn't die as i logged out had a load of exploration data to clear. How about some update warnings about shut-down..like 30 mins 15 mins and 5 mins. Then you know if you can complete the task you were doing without getting killed.

Darn shut-down warning needs fixing. It said shut-down in 30 mins but my game crashed at 20 mins just as i was interdicted. My ship seemed to be disabled with 1 shot by NPC. I hope i didn't die as i logged out had a load of exploration data to clear. How about some update warnings about shut-down..like 30 mins 15 mins and 5 mins. Then you know if you can complete the task you were doing without getting killed.

They do give those warnings? I got the 15 min, 10 min, 5 min warnings just fine.

I'm adding my name to those who now suffer far worse performance after this latest patch and hotfix. Any movement is like a slide-show now. I'd always been able to run Elite with maximum settings and no issues. Now, I'm down to mid / low and still seeing stutters. I also agree with the person who stated the audio is terrible. Those menu clicks are far more prominent and "tinny" sounding than they ever were before. It has the same effect on me as someone dragging fingernails down a chalk-board. Overall I find the sound terrible now. Some effects are way too loud whilst others are too quiet. I've tried all audio settings with no luck. I'm pretty sure they got the work-experience kid to do this latest audio. It's rubbish.

EDIT - My PC runs titles like Dying Light at full tilt with no problems, so I'm sure it's something FDEV have changed in this update.

Last edited:
Went to a resource ring and started to bounty hunt. Man, that was the most fun ive had in a while regarding fighting. The NPC's (that i met at least) were tough when i went higher up the skill tree of the NPC pilots. So much that i had to bail a few times which felt good and proper because im no Ace. Well done FD. Also, having only 10 chaff and 4 (slower working) shield cells had me maneuver much more than usual which was a great as well. Obviously i could have done that before as well and skipped the shield cells, but in the end some of us try to get cash to get a new ship/modules so you use whats available to you to accomplish your goals. Again, good work. Then we have the weapons causing heat - great move. Much funnier to have more to do and more to keep check on. It become more skill based which is good because its something to practice and train towards getting better at. As we know, when you master something from long time training you feel great. :) Another pretty awesome thing was the way the enemies went out as i killed them. I had several that i got into a violent spin before they died. I think i took out their thrusters, but it could been a random "kill effect" as well. Anyway, it got me cheering (for myself) when they went out spinning into a ball of fire and finally explode.
|
Really good work FD on this. Combat is getting better and more entertaining. I just wish you would implement a way to see (under the ship name on the window glass?) what sub system modules you cycle through to not have to look down left when doing it while chasing a ship. And also either add ships voice saying "SHIELDS AT MAXIMUM CAPACITY" or have a visual cue for it so we dont have to keep looking at it (we move the pips a lot when fighting). The ship voice tells us almost everything except when the shileds are fully charged which is weird, right? Those 2 things added on top of what youve done so far = epic. :) Keep rocking FD & thanks for listening.

ship balance-wise, this patch has helped things. I just wish game mechanic-wise they would have fixed things a bit more differently. Get rid of shield cells altogether. They are stupid. If you want players to stop preying on players, the answer isn't to make bounty hunting etc less profitable, like you are, it's to make npcs more aggressively attack bounting hunting CMDR's. NPC pirates and the lawless alike should have their own type of "bounty" system for those that prey on them. Without idle time, human bounty hunters / pirates would have much more of their time occupied by aggressive npcs than looking around for CMDR's.

Even after this patch, I am still getting a lot of studders in SC. Especially while close to planets. Is anyone else having this?

Yep. My sound issues are also back. Not to mention lost money from random destroys and lost cargo. I give up on this game. Worst game ever made. I'm selling this piece of software junk today.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom