Patch Notes Update Update 1.1.02 Incoming - 4pm GMT

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So you can focus on the temporary bugs, or you can recognize that they are almost all gone and enjoy what you have. Because what you're going to be able to get in a few years is frankly ridiculous, and by the point that it's available, you'll be really kicking yourself that you don't have a Python or better by then. All that time wasted that you could have been getting prepared.

Well, said Jeeves. Seriously, I can't even believe there are people here who needs to explain all that to them... You know, because if they need that explanation, this game is probably not for them, or at least not right now.

You missed my point. Game for me is unplayable. How can I be excited of new content if i can't enjoy current one?
I see you reported huge sound clipping problems in January (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=103257), then bought a new sound card (same problem), until you finally found a solution yourself by "setting NumWorkerThreads to 0 AppConfig.xml file".

Did the same problem return? If so, could it be that the update overwrote and undid this change and you have to reapply it?

No issues here. All running tickety boo.

Specs

Asus Maximus VII Ranger
i7 4790k at Stock
8Gb Corsair Dominator CL9 at 1866mhz
Asus GTX770 DCUIIat Stock
Onboard sound.

Just tried that to see if it fixes my screwed up hissy distorted menu selection aftersounds, sadly it doesnt

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Jesus, thats bad and I thought my menu sounds issue was a big problem

I'm not familiar with this - is there a ticket with the details?

Michael

Here's a video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLWzGDZOztk&feature=youtu.be

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Well, here is my video of the problem : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__uSCWFCjLY&feature=youtu.be. Sometimes gets even worse (games starts freezing etc...). I also changed the setting which worked in past, no luck in new patch.

That looks a whole lot like a heavily stressed out instance, notice how the game isn't desynching, just the sound. It's basically at the limits of the processing for that instance, so probably will get fixed once we see a further optimization.

Or it could be something else, but I remember this kind of thing happening back in Beta.

I know this thread is mostly dedicated to moaning about 1.1 but I thought I'd just follow-up my post about how much (to my surprise) I'm enjoying the Yembo community goal with some stat's I just posted in another thread.

Currently 2,220 contributors in the Yembo vacinity who have dropped off a total of 2,496,991 tonnes of metal (that's an average of 1,124 tonnes per person) since 1.1 dropped. Top contributor Cmdr Mauze has single handedly delivered 48,312 tonnes (since yesterday?!?! holy c**p, doesn't that guy eat or sleep?).

Makes my 78 tonnes seem like a drop in an ocean although it does (currently) qualify me for a 5% discount at station services plus a 1,000 credit reward (plus global awards, whatever that means).

Traffic report: 10,036 ships passed through Yembo in the last 24hrs. Hmmm, does that mean 8,000 players decided not to join in or does it mean that the traffic report is per-docking and not per-player?

One thing's for sure - there's a lot of people playing this game.

Nice work FD.

That looks a whole lot like a heavily stressed out instance, notice how the game isn't desynching, just the sound. It's basically at the limits of the processing for that instance, so probably will get fixed once we see a further optimization.

Or it could be something else, but I remember this kind of thing happening back in Beta.

I have this problem also when I'm fighting at nav beacon or just get pulled out by some pirate.

let's put this in to a context shall we, we are talking about a 2069 players out of several 100,000 players in total. also take into account that those 2069 people paid/pledged individually between 150-5000 GDP putting in 603,650 GBP of the total raised (approx 38%) from the 25,681 backers on KS, and that two years ago, when there wasn't even a game to be had, that's over half a million pounds on faith alone! there simply wouldn't be game to play if they hadn't done so!

personally, i think a 2.5% discount on ships and upgrades and a decal, that incidentally is nothing like what was originally described, really isn't all that "special" a treatment at all, nor is it really what could be called, within all reason, "pay to win" and especially not in a game that has no "win" anyway! if anything all it does is perhaps speed up, albeit only very slightly, their potential advancement in the game! and again speaking only for myself that's only a very slight help really as i don't have several hours a day to dedicate to playing the game, real life at my age tends to get in the way somewhat, as i suspect it probably does for a lot of the other 2068.

As I said in a previous post, there is no effect game play for me and I hadn't even thought about this until I read Cyranis' post. I bear no resentment to early adopters getting bonuses: on the contrary I am grateful to the founders for enabling this project. If I had heard about it, then I would have backed it too - probably for the same reasons as others, a mix of nostalgia and the desire to see a great update to a great format.
However, I wouldn't have funded it on the expectation of in game advantage, and I am sure that wasn't the motivation of most backers. I completely agree that any advantage is trivial, and I am sure it's designed that way. But that's not the point I am trying to make: I am saying that it doesn't sit well that someone spending £40 on a game says they feel like a second class citizen because he/she sees early adapters getting an ongoing advantage (it doesn't matter how small, it technically *is* an advantage).
Hence, to address that and be pure about gameplay, I think any founder acknowledgement should be one off, or not impact the game in an ongoing way like a discount on purchases. I enjoyed my freagle, it was a one off 'leg up' that didn't assist in an ongoing way, however trivial. I definitely think founders should have other perks, from private systems to exclusive gold paint jobs, but these shouldn't give any, even trivial, ongoing financial or gameplay advantage otherwise newcomers to the game could inevitably feel disadvantaged. And being newcomers they won't be able to assess how trivial that disadvantage is.
My disadvantage, however, is nothing to do with 2.5% and a lot more to do with crap flying skills.

Last edited:
As I said in a previous post, there is no effect game play for me and I hadn't even thought about this until I read Cyranis' post. I bear no resentment to early adopters getting bonuses: on the contrary I am grateful to the founders for enabling this project. If I had heard about it, then I would have backed it too - probably for the same reasons as others, a mix of nostalgia and the desire to see a great update to a great format.
However, I wouldn't have funded it on the expectation of in game advantage, and I am sure that wasn't the motivation of most backers. I completely agree that any advantage is trivial, and I am sure it's designed that way. But that's not the point I am trying to make: I am saying that it doesn't sit well that someone spending £40 on a game says they feel like a second class citizen because he/she sees early adapters getting an ongoing advantage (it doesn't matter how small, it technically *is* an advantage).
Hence, to address that and be pure about gameplay, I think any founder acknowledgement should be one off, or not impact the game in an ongoing way like a discount on purchases. I enjoyed my freagle, it was a one off 'leg up' that didn't assist in an ongoing way, however trivial. I definitely think founders should have other perks, from private systems to exclusive gold paint jobs, but these shouldn't give any, even trivial, ongoing financial or gameplay advantage otherwise newcomers to the game could inevitably feel disadvantaged. And being newcomers they won't be able to assess how trivial that disadvantage is.
My disadvantage, however, is nothing to do with 2.5% and a lot more to do with crap flying skills.

They actually did state that there would be perks to being a backer. So I think a lot of people were operating under the assumption that they would get something better.

I'd like to be helping but I still can't get in game so just setting here on my hands waiting for support.

I know this thread is mostly dedicated to moaning about 1.1 but I thought I'd just follow-up my post about how much (to my surprise) I'm enjoying the Yembo community goal with some stat's I just posted in another thread.

Currently 2,220 contributors in the Yembo vacinity who have dropped off a total of 2,496,991 tonnes of metal (that's an average of 1,124 tonnes per person) since 1.1 dropped. Top contributor Cmdr Mauze has single handedly delivered 48,312 tonnes (since yesterday?!?! holy c**p, doesn't that guy eat or sleep?).

Makes my 78 tonnes seem like a drop in an ocean although it does (currently) qualify me for a 5% discount at station services plus a 1,000 credit reward (plus global awards, whatever that means).

Traffic report: 10,036 ships passed through Yembo in the last 24hrs. Hmmm, does that mean 8,000 players decided not to join in or does it mean that the traffic report is per-docking and not per-player?

One thing's for sure - there's a lot of people playing this game.

Nice work FD.

Please help !!! My game does not work since version 1.07 !!! :(

3102868.jpg

like i said, i can only speak for myself, and you are 100% correct in your assumption regarding my own motive for backing the game, exactly the same as yours would have been had you done so, also with the added motivation that i thought there would be an offline single player game helped as well mind : ), but the point is, the person who payed 40 quid never actually backed the game, they bought a (debatably) finished game! therefore the argument is moot!
the person who payed 40 GBP and whinges about advantages for other players, that as you yourself say are trivial at best, and i would say aren't even advantage in terms of gameplay at all, is doing just that, whinging because they feel that they are missing out on something that they should be entitled to! (tbc, not in any way accusing you of doing that) the fact that they propagate this misinformation about these so called "advantages" across the forums at any opportunity doesn't help the matters either. personally i haven't heard a single founder demanding anything particularly special, certainly nothing that would give them any real advantage in gameplay terms, indeed the thing that seemed to get a lot people's backs up the most was that the decal wasn't a golden one as promised! quite funny really when a bunch of adults (myself included) get all hot under the collar over what is essentially a bumper sticker, that they can't even actually see : )
anyway, this is probably going off topic now, so let's agree to disagree on that one point, i think all the rest we can agree on, especially that we've both got crappy flying skill : )

They actually did state that there would be perks to being a backer. So I think a lot of people were operating under the assumption that they would get something better.

Interesting. And a very valid point. If I was promised a perk, I wouldn't be happy with that either.

Any news on letting explorers play again anytime soon? or do we have to wait until the next weekly update (Friday) or wings before we can play again? Serious lack of info even for the people who frequent the forums, imagine how the vast majority of the player base (non forum go'ers) feel.

Well, here is my video of the problem : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__uSCWFCjLY&feature=youtu.be. Sometimes gets even worse (games starts freezing etc...). I also changed the setting which worked in past, no luck in new patch.
My guess is Frontier decided to either move or hardcode some of the settings, which would mean fixing it though AppConfig.xml is no longer an option... not that it should be necessary of course, rather Frontier should spend some time to solve the issue.

FWIW I know how frustrating it is to be among the few experiencing a specific game-breaking bug, and all you get are comments like "No no it's working fine!", "Your PC is too slow" or "You must reinstall Windows and try again" :(

Wish I could help but it seems to me you've tried everything possible + more, and only Frontier can fix this now.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom