Patch Notes Update Elite: Dangerous 1.2.07 incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
this is very sloppy writing.. it should have read:

- Added vibrant paint job placeholders for all ships with the exception of the Anaconda (wich is still being finalised). All the new paint jobs will available to purchase via the online store as soon as we have updated it (we'll update you on that is done)

^ now theres less confusion

Mmm, thats exactly how I read it from the original quote....... And you want to talk about sloppy writing? ;)

Michael no offense, but this is stupid.....small fines are small fines...how are we supposed to pay them, and how are large ships supposed to pay in outposts?

As explained in this thread
1. Fines don't make you wanted
2. Bounties can be paid in stations where you are not wanted.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
this is very sloppy writing.. it should have read:

- Added vibrant paint job placeholders for all ships with the exception of the Anaconda (wich is still being finalised). All the new paint jobs will available to purchase via the online store as soon as we have updated it (we'll update you on that is done)

^ now theres less confusion

You've just said what they have but in twice as many words ;)

1 shot turning you instantly red is not exactly forgiving

One hit with a Plasma accelerator will most likely turn you wanted, true.

One hit with a rail gun may turn you wanted, true.

A (few) hit(s) with a pulse laser or multi cannon will only turn you wanted if the target has no shields or loses more than X % of it's shields due to your hit.

This is the way it was described by FD, should work and normally does (I have tested it multiple times). If it doesn't in some situations, it's a bug and should be reported. What it shouldn't cause is people requesting all connected play mechanics to be dumbed down to compensate for the bug.

Why are they called level 2 and level 3 scans anyway, why not call them Basic scan and detailed surface scan or somesuch?

I personally expect it to be released on 12th May due to the information we've already received (intended 6 week Mac beta with eventual crossplay testing). In order for them to encourage PC users to test the crossplay functionality there needs to be an incentive for PC users to come to the beta rather than play the live game. What better reason than to have the Powerplay beta starting on 5th May, 5 weeks into the Mac beta? It's killing 2 birds with one stone.

I wonder as 1.3 is looking like such a big update they will go for a slightly longer (two weeks, 10 days?) beta this time - allows for 2 weeks crossplay testing also.

Patience... They've said paintjobs will be available soon (TM). Soon =/= now.

Still they could have foreseen the pain our F5 keys are now going through. They could at least have said something like "not today, we will announced when they are released". Except, of course, of soon means later today. :D

One hit with a Plasma accelerator will most likely turn you wanted, true.

One hit with a rail gun may turn you wanted, true.

A (few) hit(s) with a pulse laser or multi cannon will only turn you wanted if the target has no shields or loses more than X % of it's shields due to your hit.

This is the way it was described by FD, should work and normally does (I have tested it multiple times). If it doesn't in some situations, it's a bug and should be reported. What it shouldn't cause is people requesting all connected play mechanics to be dumbed down to compensate for the bug.

I have even scratched npc's with beams and havent got wanted. Should work just fine

Was there any changes to NPC combat.. Just entered a RES that I have being using for weeks in my vulture. First fight I picked for the first time ever my shields get dropped, and I escape with 40% hull..

I might be out of practice as I just got back from the deep black on a 2 week long exploration trip, but I think this just got real!

My exploration statistics show 0 under level 3 scans. If this meant to refer to the detailed surface scanner then the numbers are not correct.

I am returning today with over 200,000,000 cr worth of exploration data to sell. Ambiguity over changes to exploration numbers does not fill me with confidence.

Michael, is there any reason I should hold off on selling this data today?

Could other value changes have taken place that may negatively affect exploration data selling?

If I get back after this long exploring and half of my data is gone, or cartographics wants to sell it at a fraction of what it should be or any other bug that ruins this entire journey I swear I am instantly uninstalling this game, no drama, no long "I quit" posts, just quietly and permanently finished.

Michael's explanation rings true. Ping for 1, scan for 2, detailed scanner present gives you level 3 - BUT they have transposed the numbers.

Mmm, I am afraid it is not like that.
I would have several Level 3 scans accounted for, if it was.
And instead:
p2l9YTO.png

So, I'd believe:
Lvl 1 = ping with D-scanner
Lvl 2 = detailed surface scan
Lvl 3 = not yet implemented (maybe intra-atmosphere or after-landing scans to be seen later in the game?)

This, however, makes the 'regular' scanning (after pinging, just selecting and pointing our ship at the object, as we do with other ships) useless (as it does not fall in any category).
Maybe it has not been implemented correctly...?

@andrak, we are in the same boat...

Last edited:

Frankfort

F
What is this? Have our prayers been awnserd - Fix Commander Stats for selling level 2 and level 3 survey scans

If they have shields and it's not a Class 6 (hehe I doubt you can even get Class 6 weapons, but I don't know) then no it shouldn't. Bug it :)

I dont think there is a class 6 beam if there are class 6 weapons

Seems like a bug which while understandable doesnt make this change any less annoying when it affects you.

Still wouldnt hurt them to fix their AI though. The amount of times "friendly" ships have rammed me or close to (which is normally how i clip them) is getting silly.
I had a 150k anaconda trying to shift away, i had it down to 1% hull, my weapons charged enough for me to do the final shot, when a Security service ship rammed me from behind trying to get to the conda, about 2 seconds after that, the bounty had jumped. I was not happy

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Or higher bounties would encourage bounty farming, to then sell their bounty to other CMDRs (like paying real money for credits), which is a shame since it is already happening :/

If it's already happening then what's the problem? Cheaters and gold farmers are unavoidable really. That doesn't mean we have to give up on certain functionalities and mechanics because they would abuse them...

"Soon" as in minutes? Hours? Tomorrow?

I don't know, I'm not a Frontier employee and I don't have access to this sort of information. Wish I had though!

Exactly. Glad to see at least some people test gameplay mechanics before complaining about alleged bugs.

Except scratching with beams cause me to get a bounty.
I'm not moaning about nothing. If it s a bug then i will raise it and hope they fix it soon.

However dumbass AI moves still plague the game

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom