David Braben Powerplay AMA

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hello David, and thank you for this game. Apparently passenger transport doen't part of the 1.3, do you know when it will be possible?

could a single player have enough influence to buff an independent (pirate) faction into a powerplay faction?
This is the same as my question just worded better i think.

Taking a single independant faction from an independant system and growing them to the point of being a rival to the Empire, Federation etc...

Hello David!

Will Powerplay be the last update before you start working on the paid expansions? I understand if you don't answer, it's not directly related to Powerplay, but I'm super excited for the expansions!

David Braben

CEO & Founder
Frontier
What's the rank requirement for the new Imperial ship in 1.3. Also is frontier alright with people modifying the HUD color in ED? I'v'e seen a lot of screenshots with the diffrent colors but never saw an offical stance on that matter.

"Master" I think.

Yes, we're OK with it.

As I shall be getting my Hearing Dog soon (a determinate amount of time rather than a Mr Brookes 'soon™') will there be a chance to have a kennel installed in my Cockpit please?

Greetings and salutations. Any chances of penalties for doing several factions in more general terms in the future, so you just don't get a free card to grab a faction locked ship and then join the enemy outright? It feels somewhat... artificial in the multiplayer environment, where you are being watched after all!

Hi!

I understand from the newsletter that the Galnet feed will now be available inside our ships. This is excellent news. What kind of new information/news can we expect in it releating to powerplay?

thanks!

Hi David

About two years ago during the Kickstarter, I asked if you could send me an Elite mug.

My question is this.

Could you please send me an Elite mug?

How big will independent factions have to be to become a power? As a member of a group trying to expand such a faction i want to know how far we need to go to make a ourselves a power.

How important is ship balance to you David? I find it very troubling that ships like the Eagle are made obsolete by their slow top speed, and we have several cases of "flavour of the month" balancing. The Python was massively overpowered for a long time, and now the Vulture is entirely in a class of it's own.

Is this by design, or are all the ships supposed to remain useful and viable as new ones are added?

Hi David,

First, thanks for the effort from you and your team for providing a such good game!

Secondly the question:
I'm still wondering about the increasing complexity around factions. Can you clarify the linkage between Factions and Powers?
From what I understand now we have: A minor Faction is dependent (or not) to a major faction. A Power has influences on several minor factions and/or major factions. A minor faction can evolved (or split?) to a Power. Finally, is Power a "meta faction"?

Thanks!

David Braben

CEO & Founder
Frontier
From Jorlin:
How will supporting a "Power" influence my standings with the "Major Factions"?

The same actions that support a Power can have a knock on effect for your wider reputation with a major faction in the same way as working with a minor faction does currently.

With many minor factions now making up powers will there now be a way to search for them in the galaxy map?

With many minor factions now making up powers will there now be a way to search for them in the galaxy map?

Hi David, thank you for taking the time to answer some questions.

* Whatever happened to the Federal Corvette that was (wrongly) announced in newsletter #61?

* Will the Anaconda finally get that docking bay compartment? And how will it work?

Hi David, thanks for creating such a wonderful game :)

Is there any chance or thoughts of getting the galactic and system maps to be more 'in game' and displayed similar to the way station services are on a large panel rather than as completely separate interfaces?s

Also, keeping on the UI theme is there any chance of getting the comms panel to be active by looking at it with headtracking like the lower function panels? It's rather odd to need to active that one panel before being able to switch between tabs.

Hello,

I am the kind of players who likes a slow challenging progression, and wants to enjoy a game as long as possible. Currently I own "only" an asset of about 30 mil credits, am "only" combat expert and pathfinder, federal chief officer but allied with Feds, Empire and Alliance.

Once it is released, would it be somehow advised to start from scratch, in order to enjoy from A to Z this PowerPlay? Starting by lower rank missions and progressing/earning your stripes on the go?
What would players with already all the money they need, and ranked among the highest (that's not me yet, I know), somehow miss for joining PowerPlay at the level they are at?
Or the opposite, does PowerPlay somehow requires a minimum level of credits and rank to be really enjoyable?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom