News ANNOUNCING ELITE DANGEROUS: HORIZONS

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
But didn't we already pay for future expansions when buying early in PB.. I.e. the things that were promised to arrive later (planetary landings etc)?

If you backed at Premium Beta or higher (or upgraded to PB from normal Beta as I did) then you got the lifetime expansion pass as part of that.

Edit: Ninja'd by Michael

Last edited:
Awesome announcement :) can't wait

But . . . will we still get 30 ships in the base game - and any news on the additional free ship for Beta backers announced in Newsletter #49?

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Thanks for the clarification. I have the normal beta access which I bought in august last year (during beta 1), so I'm assuming I won't have access to this new beta (someone more savvy about these things would be welcome to correct me if I'm wrong).

Normal beta access doesn't provide beta access for Elite Dangerous: Horizons, unless you've pre-ordered the beta access for it..

Michael

No it is not, it makes perfect sense.

So I guess rather than supporting the game early on, I'll wait until more content is added and then pay less for it. I'm sure FD will be glad to get less of my money later rather than more of my money sooner. Makes perfect sense..

Last edited:
But new players get both games for £30 less than we did Michael. They pay £40 and get the whole thing, we already paid £39.99 and now have to pay another £29.99. It's not right, new customers shouldn't be treated better than existing ever.

You are ignoring the fact that the base game will be over a year old when Horizons comes out. You are not losing out on anything.

Ok getting confused a bit. I'm an ED premium backer, do I get Horizons free? I believe I do. Do I have to order it or will it automatically be added to my account for download?

Michael can you answer these for me please

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
So I guess rather than supporting the game early on, I'll wait until more content is added and then only ​pay for it, since if I bought early on I'd get done in the rear.

Other than the fact that you would have been playing the game for all of that time in between. Christ what is wrong with people! If you don't think that paying a bit extra is worth playing the game for a year, then don't bother. Hell why not just wait for 10 years and then buy the game then, it will be cheaper than buying and playing it as time goes along!

So I guess rather than supporting the game early on, I'll wait until more content is added and then only ​pay for it, since if I bought early on I'd get done in the rear.

That's how everything works. You can't expect to pay once and then get every new expansion, forever, for free.

"Existing players will also unlock the exclusive Cobra Mk IV ship in Elite Dangerous: Horizons. The Cobra Mk IV will be available in the game only to players who joined us in the first year – forever."

Many of you have asked for it--Cobra Mk. IV.

And if you're here now to have asked for it, and you get Horizons, you get it. :D

Is this beta backers who can get access to the cobra mk IV ????????????????????????

Regarding beta access for Elite Dangerous: Horizons if you already have Premium Beta access or higher then you will have beta access. Otherwise you need to pre-order it with beta access.

Michael

so i take this that as a beta backer, (sept 2014) but not a premium backer, i have to buy beta again.
This is wrong, all beta backers should keep their beta access we paid for, not have to buy it again.

25% discount, cobra IV and many months of playing the game already
And new players get a 100% discount on the main game. See where the outrage is coming from now? New players are getting a good deal while the "loyal" customers are getting shafted.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom