UA Mystery thread 4 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Just Imagine if this is the awser for this quest... For the first time i got mixed idea if i really want this to be the clue...

The answer is in the galnet news articles that Fdev keep updating us with. the science angle might come from mass sales causign station shutdowns ( then some npc character or organisation studies the stations affected and finally comes to a conclusion) then we either have meta alloys , AI relics or something else via community goal being the solution.

If anyone has any applied science-applied economics- solid alternative theories please do tell us. Otherwise bring as many as u can to iapodes to sell so we are very close to crashing it to nearly 150 deliveried at 90 we got technical issues. I think 180 might be tbe answer.

My mission for Meta Alloys expired a couple of days ago - but like a trooper, I'm still out scouring the galaxy for these elusive little blighters.

So far I have found enough metal in the form of downed nav beacons to craft a fleet of Imperial Interdictors, enough tea to float the titanic and more than enough occupied escape pods to form my own, not inconsiderable sized army (being the sap I am I find these things and think "Oh crud... I can't just leave them here on this remote, desolate rock for all eternity to rot!" and pick them up with the intention of popping them off at the next star base I come across. As a result, my jump range is slowly getting worse).

Nothing new to report otherwise.
The hunt continues...

http://intro.chem.okstate.edu/1014/Lecture/Organic.html

As per the chemical structure of hydrogen ( Hydrogen fuel ) and carbon ( biowaste) ive tested all combiantions with UA in hold

From decane down to methane ( jettisoning 2 hdyrogen and 1 carbon(biowaste) per damanage cycle by the unknown artifact.

It would appear that none of these combinations have removed the damage done by the unknown artifact in hold in space and in sc.

If anyone wants to run with it feel free to update us

I wont post any images, it will be interesting to see how many are paying attention to this. The shape of the UA could be a chemical strucutre and then its a matter of figuring out what combination and what amounts are best taken along to pickup a UA so that it exhibits a different behaviour and doesnt do damage

Last edited:
So with MB's recent "exceedingly rare" comment, my feeling is that if they're so rare, it's unlikely to require the mission as a prerequisite for them to spawn. Of course I may be totally wrong, it's just one of those gut feeling things.

Anyway as a result I'm gonna stop hunting the missions and go out searching.

It may be that they are "exceedingly rare" with the mission and "like winning the lottery" without the mission. Given that having a mission make other rare drops much more common, I don't think we should conclude that the mission makes no difference for Meta-Alloys.

Just on a tangent, with MB's recent comment on meta-alloys :

I really cannot help feeling this lack of context might seem to *imply* that the large barnacles are just a very low spawn chance on any planetary POI, I mean then I know the *exact* spawn rate and I can state with confidence some level of rareness.

Careful, MB was talking specifically about the Meta-Alloys. He didn't say anything about the barnacles.

At Merope 5C I found a shipment of something guarded by a Goliath drone. I thought I could take it easily but ended up dying -__- and now I'll never know what was in those canisters. Is this a normal POI?

I have no idea, the same happened to me I never saw what it was garding, but it had to be something far more precious than gold, or battle weapons... could be biscuits...

Ok everyone I thought I had better pipe up and remind you all of a very solid quote from one Mr Braben Himself. "the mystery of the UA is about to get DEEPER", maybe that is a reference we should also consider. It was just before 1.4 if I remember correctly. That is a very strong hint right there. Riz you may actually be onto something very important because of the deep canyons and mist theory. Is there anything like that in the Merope, Mia region. Even this getting POI's in the dark canyons sure sounds like a suspicious region. I will be heading there as soon as my SRV skills improve.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom