UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I step away 5 minutes to get coffee... and someone starts a church to worship barnacles.....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAANnnd they're found.

wow.

Ok first question was this a popup barnacle or a fixed location? Just wondering.

Just so you guys know.. I was on the Canonn PG.. and they are not there. So are they only persistent in Open?

EDIT: Swapped to Open. Bam. There.

Last edited:
Lol when some of the regulars come online they're going to be in shock, CONGRATS TO THE GUY WHO FOUND THEM!
I'm incredibly happy to have some finally discovered and I'm heading over there at speed, I wonder where things go from here?
One thing's for sure, there's LOTS of science to be done

So what are the characteristics of Merope 5C.

We'll obviously have to see if we can find another one there but it'd be good to use the planet as a guide to the next one.

Have an idea, but don't know if this was done before. But let's put all speculations aside and try to look at this logically using only the game as a source of all information (with some knowledge of astronomy, astrophysics, chemistry and hints from Mr. Brookes of course). :)

"So stay awhile and listen"

• More or less, we all have some experience with exploring and have some knowledge about common properties of planetary bodies.
  • We have been given rough location - Pleiades nebula.
  • All systems within the nebula were visited, scanned and spreadsheets were made with the gathered data.
  • Systems with no "landable" planets were discarded.

Did someone tried to group same types of planets together with comparing their data between themselves? If so, are there some suspicious candidates? For example unusually high temperature due to the distance from parental star etc. I know that high G planets are searched intensively for some time, because they are few and not so common, so possible winners there.

Maybe this will yield more candidates. I think it's quite clear that manually placed barnacles will be placed on some very eye catching place on the surface and that the body may be somehow special (visually or statistically).

Opinions? Thoughts?

Live long and prosper Commanders. o7

What sounds are they making? Does it sound like a UA? Let's bring a UA there!

No sound, except for a little ambience from the main structure/barnacle

Once you redrop the meta-alloy, it's in the red narcotics canister.

EDIT: listening to the main barnacle at max volume, pretty eerie. Pretty much what you want an alien structure to sound like. Lots of high pitched hums and low pitched hums. Not quite like an UA

Last edited:
Wow, congrats to the locating CMDR!

"organic structure" upon targeting the barnacle - so it seems these are living things, the meta alloy mining fragment looks very egg-like too. I can't help but feel destroying these and harvesting their goodies might come back to bite us! Not that I wouldn't have shot them all up and harvested the valuables if I found them first. In the name of science of course ;)

Michael Brookes

Game Director
For his search, he said he went to Me rope because of the UAs pointing there, then he chose 5C because it was the further away from the sun and it had sand in the craters, like the sand we can see in the trailer. And he finally found them by luck, but he was looking in the right place, good job !

Interestingly he's probably found one of the more difficult ones to find :)

Michael

Is it just me, or does this look like a single giant creature buried in the sand, with tentacles poking up around a central beak? >_>

Is it just me, or does this look like a single giant creature buried in the sand, with tentacles poking up around a central beak? >_>

Sarlacc meets half life? I scared now....

EDIT: The SRV's weren't randomly blowing up... Termors... freaking Tremors.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom