UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Sorry if it's been said before (not enough time to read everything on this crazy growing thread), but: I suppose there are CMDRs carrying both UAs and meta alloys now. Do their ships continue to degrade?
I've been to the Merope site last night and have a few meta alloys onboard, but never had a UA in my hold. So, I'm wondering, if the MA cure stations does it somehow prevent UA's to harm our ships?

I remember a few post backs. A combination of both Meta-Alloy and UA in cargo hold still resulted in module damage, so no change. I cant sift back to find on what forum page it was mentioned though

i'd like to think that the logo looks like the sky from their point of view. So when they look up, and flatten it to a 2D view from the top, they see a big nebula to the to the right and the smaller ones to the left. i.e. instead of trying to align the viewpoint towards Baranrd's loop that the other nebulas match, as I tried to to earlier on, I think it would be a good idea to pick a system in the center of the three nebulas larger next to next to B's loop and look from different angles to reproduce the logo. Just a thought and maybe I overthink this, but that is how I would represent my home system. How did Voyager represents did it again on the disc? Or a bit flawed, but the Nebra disk?
These were some of my thoughts too, however considering another approach, has anyone considered this to be a galaxy map of territories? I wasn't able to find a top-down view online so a patched one together. Pleiades and even barnard's loop fit right in to the section outlined from the logo.

GAL.jpg

Can someone please explain why there is so much excitement over a few shel rocks on the surface of the planet? I am trying veeeery hard to not be sarcastic here... :S Like VERY.

As far as I remember readin, having Meta-Alloys doesn't prevent your ship being damaged by UA's. But since you are just carrying the Meta-Alloys in the cargo hold and haven't used them in actual ship systems, like the crew did at Obsidian Orbital, I would have been surprised.

I remember a few post backs. A combination of both Meta-Alloy and UA in cargo hold still resulted in module damage, so no change. I cant sift back to find on what forum page it was mentioned though

Degraded as usual yesterday,but galnet mentions they used meta alloy on the station and hey things improved but they don't Know why yet.
Science needed or time for story to develop new ship cargoracks perhaps,or hull upgrade..

Perhaps something for crafting update later on

Last edited:
Sorry if it's been said before (not enough time to read everything on this crazy growing thread), but: I suppose there are CMDRs carrying both UAs and meta alloys now. Do their ships continue to degrade?
I've been to the Merope site last night and have a few meta alloys onboard, but never had a UA in my hold. So, I'm wondering, if the MA cure stations does it somehow prevent UA's to harm our ships?

No change. Ship and modules degrade as before with or with out a MA present.

Correct.

Can someone please explain why there is so much excitement over a few shel rocks on the surface of the planet? I am trying veeeery hard to not be sarcastic here... :S Like VERY.

Because they are new.
And you can even earn some money slaughtering them for their hearts, to be sold on a black market.
Yarr!

In the end, it could just be a zero-G beehive and us
being bad bears stealing honey. ;)

Last edited:
These were some of my thoughts too, however considering another approach, has anyone considered this to be a galaxy map of territories? I wasn't able to find a top-down view online so a patched one together. Pleiades and even barnard's loop fit right in to the section outlined from the logo.

I had a similar thought. what happens if you orient the "smaller blob" shown at approx 7-8 o'clock on the logo over the human bubble?

From today's ED Update email:

For those interested to join the massive explorer party that's happening in the Merope system, you can find the barnacles on MEROPE 5 C at the following coordinates: -026.3496° -156.4044°. Meanwhile the search for more barnacles in the area continues, and the scientific Commanders in the community are puzzling over the strange sounds emitting from these unusual objects. What could they possibly mean?

It would appear that we need to spend more time listening to them....(emphasis mine)

Unrelated to the current thoughts, but I posted awhile back--THREADS back about Merope 5C and Merope 5B. Something that these two planets have in common is that their metal content is uniquely above the 8.9% mark, which is what every other planet in Merope contains. Any thoughts on this?

My original line of thinking was that these barnacles can't exist on anything above 8.9% (hence why we were to find them first on 5C, the system with the highest metal content), but now I wonder if the barnacles have simply sucked the system dry and are down to the last body. Merope 5B could either contain more barnacles because of its metal content, implying that they populate rapidly, or less, implying that they die off as metal content decreases.

Either way, I'm still thinking along the lines that Merope's got something up with its metal content - 8.9% metal content on 12/14 bodies is below average in terms of what we see in EVERY other system in the Pleiades.

Last edited:

View attachment 95253

I had a similar thought. what happens if you orient the "smaller blob" shown at approx 7-8 o'clock on the logo over the human bubble?
I had a similar thought and posted this earlier. But mapped it on nebulas not the galaxy. E.g. B's loop and Pleiades.
If its the galaxy and indicate what they covered, they would be everywhere and since ever. Scary thought.
Wasn't there a comment by MB it is linked to their location but he can't comment. Therefore I don't think it's the galaxy. A bit to imprecise to locate them. Well, maybe it's not that important at all. Who knows?

The mule?

The religion. When the foundation armed the fleet with nuclear power plants but they were the only ones able to operate it, and could just shut down the whole army without a fight.
I'm strictily against theories here as they won't move the whole thing forward. But can't resist now, sorry.

But how about we leave for ex. Talos 2 alone, see what happens?

If I was an alien flower I'd totally let the little bees take my harmful poo to their home than I'd give them the cure knowing my little UAs are valuable and they'll be taken to the most important places. Than I'd stop producing the good stuff and only the wrecks would remain. We wouldn't spread the "virus" unless we're certain about countering it. Falsly.

Than I could grow my space flowers...everywhere. And continue with my usual tea parties!

Has anyone noticed that the Conda wreck on JC-U B3-2 is a double Conda wreck? They are literally stacked on top of each other. Not sure if it is a bug or if it is legit, but I had someone else in wing with me who could confirm that there was two Condas stacked, buried in the ground. Anyone else noticed this?

The issue with this is that every planet that they're on isn't tidally locked. That means they won't always be pointing towards the star.

And the barnacles seem plant in nature or function similarly. Plants have an innate instinct to point towards the sun to maximize energy input.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom