Frontier are hiring!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Frontier are currently working on a diverse range of exciting projects and we are currently recruiting outstanding candidates to work alongside the excellent people we already have to help us achieve our ambition.

We have openings in Cambridge, UK and Halifax, Nova Scotia and we would like to reach out to our fans with our positions currently available.

Please check out the link below for a wide range of vacancies including programming, UI Artists and Server Developer positions.

http://frontier.co.uk/jobs/vacancies/

We look forward to hearing from you!

would love to get in on the Graphic Designer role, but my CV only goes as far as 2nd Line Analyst. and i would imagine that Frontier dont just hire anyone.

I applied for the tester job a while ago, but never heard anything back... To be fair, my CV isn't exactly stellar, and has nothing game-related in it. I've started work on a simple game in Unity to demonstrate a bit of initiative, so wonder if that would boost my credibility.

Makes one feel a little miserable to understand to not being an 'outstanding candidate' :-(

Last edited:
I'm considering applying for the token prune juice tester (twice/day).
I do not have much experience but I'm willing to grow into the position.

Alternatively I can not make tea (which arguably is worth being a paid position if employer would have to drink said "tea").

And discussing pay.. I would consider ultimately being paid in lobster. 'Cuz I just really love lobster.

I do have one issue though. If this will infringe on my dreams of living in Elite: Dangerous 24/7 I may have to reconsider. In fact, just file this application under 'Unavailable'. We can revisit this at a later date (depending on the future).

I'd love the graphic designer or UI designer role.... but I'm not able to move to Cambridge. Ho hum! :)

I can stand there and make you all look good ... I think that's worth at least David Braben's salary :p
And I know how to make tea better than Oss :p
and I can make cookies.

Makes one feel i little miserable to understand to not being an 'outstanding candidate' :-(

I actually have a long spiel about this. Our culture actually frowns on 'I'm outstanding' and the net result is most of us don't give ourselves internal points when we do great stuff, maybe temporarily but it was 'just what I had to do' but man do we beat ourselves up when we screw up.

I've had to teach myself to balance and over the years despite my screw ups, in any sphere, I know, in general I'm pretty outstanding.

And the secret for not being hated because I admit this.

Is I have a decent ability to convince other people the truth, that they're outstanding too.

Think of one thing you're excellent at. (And there are probably more than one). Or a really great thing you did for someone else recently. (There's probably more than one of those too).

I'm not a big-headed arrogant git just because I know I'm truly a marvellous human being. Because I know I'm surrounded by truly marvellous human beings. Both in RL and here with you guys.

would love to get in on the Graphic Designer role, but my CV only goes as far as 2nd Line Analyst. and i would imagine that Frontier dont just hire anyone.

You're not just anyone and I suspect you already have your foot in the door given you were chosen as an Elite Ambassador.

Feel the fear but do it anyway. ;)

Too technical for me.. we poor poor SAP project managers and defect managers can't do this sparkly Server or graphics stuff. :p

I was tempted but Cambridge is just too far away for me to consider. Unless I get to WFH 4 days a week ;)

Edit: Was just trying to remember the last time I did any proper graphics programming and I nearly gave myself a heart attack - I'm HOW OLD now?? :eek:

Last edited:
I was tempted but Cambridge is just too far away for me to consider. Unless I get to WFH 4 days a week ;)

Edit: Was just trying to remember the last time I did any proper graphics programming and I nearly gave myself a heart attack - I'm HOW OLD now?? :eek:

Yeah, 8-bit is getting on now.

We have openings in Cambridge, UK and Halifax, Nova Scotia and we would like to reach out to our fans with our positions currently available.

I've had a look at some of those posts but I feel that the requirements are just too high for me. I would love to work for Frontier but I'm only qualified to HND standard and most of the posts require a good degree.

I have a wealth of experience in different area's of I.T. but unfortunately I've been out of it for some time now even though I keep up-to-date with technology.

A pity really because I am beginning to become disillusioned with my present job as it does not present me with any challenges any more. Its just a job, but at least I'm in employment. I feel for the two million or so people in the U.K. who haven't got one.

Good luck to everyone who applies.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom