UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 6 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Apparently I was wrong. The conda really is missing the pilot seat. It just means the game is accurate and the pilot ejected before the crash though. It looks like the ejection is done through the bottom of the ship judging by the pilot seat placement in a normal ship.

Here's my screenshot:

kQKb1T6.png

And here is how it looks normally (from the middle of the ship so the seat in my picture is out of the frame.

Freedom-02.jpg

Not much to go on for finding other barnacles in other nebulae, searching other nebulae planets without some form of clue is very time consuming, all POI found on any planet are the same, Materials, Data Links and wrecks, repetitive in different combinations.

"The professor's ship, containing a wealth of valuable Canonn research material, is expected to set off in the next 24 hours."

There fixed it for you

I think the professor him self may hold a few secrets.
I suggest sending him to Varati, labeled 'LAB 69 - research material'.

Just an heads up, and a fast recap, if you don't know what do do next:
the only meaningful thing that comes up from the already discovered Barnacles is that Merope, Pleione and Pleiades Sector JC-U b3-2 1 all lay in an almost perfect straight line, somehow pointing to the Taurus Dark Region Nebula and its proximities.

What I've been doing in the last few days is scouring the systems that lay in the same vector, looking for planets with mineral deposits, hoping to find new Barnacles.

Assuming that the Barnacles could be breadcrumbs that can point us to their origin.

the only meaningful thing that comes up from the already discovered Barnacles is that Merope, Pleione and Pleiades Sector JC-U b3-2 1 all lay in an almost perfect straight line, somehow pointing to the Taurus Dark Region Nebula and its proximities.

What I've been doing in the last few days is scouring the systems that lay in the same vector, looking for planets with mineral deposits, hoping to find new Barnacles.

Assuming that the Barnacles could be breadcrumbs that can point us to their origin.
What about temperature, do you also use temperature readings from existing barnacles locations as guide?

Apparently I was wrong. The conda really is missing the pilot seat. It just means the game is accurate and the pilot ejected before the crash though. It looks like the ejection is done through the bottom of the ship judging by the pilot seat placement in a normal ship.

Here's my screenshot:

And here is how it looks normally (from the middle of the ship so the seat in my picture is out of the frame.

the canopy on the Anaconda is intact and there is only the metal roof above the seat.. Like you say, the only way out is down. More pics, from inside this time..

http://imgur.com/gallery/iR7R9

My money is on it being an (illegaly in Elite Lore) AI controlled Anaconda built to seed planets with UA/Barnies. Bearing in mind the minerals you find in the cargo racks on site are for AFM boosts that'd make a lot of sense if it was carrying UAs and had no humans on board to repair it.

Cargo rack contents: Tellerium, Antimony and Ruthenium - Tellerium and Ruthenium's only use as far as we know is for an AFM refill with a 100% boost. Antimony is a 100% large and small calibre boost so they were flying tooled up too.

http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/AFM_Refill#AFM_Refill

Last edited:
I can't imagine how it could end up buried at that angle after scrubbing along the surface to remove the paint. Any accident investigators in the thread?

Constable official vocab guidelines state we no longer refer to these incidents as "accidents", they're now "collisions".

I'm sure it's already been done by someone but I'll apply some maths to that suggestion and try to find some candidate systems to search. Are we sure of the direction? Towards the bubble or away from the bubble?

Constable official vocab guidelines state we no longer refer to these incidents as "accidents", they're now "collisions".

Mmmm, thought the police dealt with "incidents" (as in "Road Traffic Incident") & for aircraft (extrapolating for spaceships) it's "Air Accident Investigation"?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

what does the line lead to if you extrapolate in the other direction Riz?

What about temperature, do you also use temperature readings from existing barnacles locations as guide?

Yes I do.

I'm sure it's already been done by someone but I'll apply some maths to that suggestion and try to find some candidate systems to search. Are we sure of the direction? Towards the bubble or away from the bubble?

That I don't know. My senses tell me that we should check away from the bubble, only because we are looking for other nebulas right? ;)

what does the line lead to if you extrapolate in the other direction Riz?

I'm afk now, but I thought we are looking for other nebulas, then I didn't check the other direction TBH...

Yes I do.

That I don't know. My senses tell me that we should check away from the bubble, only because we are looking for other nebulas right? ;)

I'm afk now, but I thought we are looking for other nebulas, then I didn't check the other direction TBH...

Could be worth checking, if only for completeness' sake. I think someone suggested they might have originated from within the bubble (e.g. Fed/Imp genetic engineering experiments) & we've never rulled that out.
P.S. how can you be sure the line is straight? I am clearly missing a trick with the Galmap, but I can only see how to plan a series of jumps & they are almost but not exactly straight so no good for alignment checks. :eek:

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Apologies, it seems my Hot Fuzz reference was missed.

"Hey why can't we call them accidents again?"

"Because accident implies there's nobody to blame"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puK5CwThaq4

Ah sorry, I think I need to get more coffee inside me- I missed the reference! :rolleyes:

Could be worth checking, if only for completeness' sake. I think someone suggested they might have originated from within the bubble (e.g. Fed/Imp genetic engineering experiments) & we've never rulled that out.
P.S. how can you be sure the line is straight? I am clearly missing a trick with the Galmap, but I can only see how to plan a series of jumps & they are almost but not exactly straight so no good for alignment checks. :eek:

The line is "almost" straight, but we are talking about stars, so a minimal error is ok. The interesting fact is that they are in line.

I like to use http://ed-map.eu: press shift and you can have lines and distances between two or more systems ;)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom