Horizons Elite wishlist

Grettings fellow Commanders, let me start off saying I have been playing this game since it was on the Xbox preview program. This is however my first post on the forums.

I just wanted find out what some of your wishes are for future content and features. Can be basic things as well as the crazy features.

I for one am very excited about the ability to get up out of my chair! I mean I fly an Anaconda, which is bigger than my house and I have only really seen the canopy. I'd love to walk through the corridors of my ship and look through the engine room and whatever else there is.
I've also heard talk about the ability to get out and walk inside the space stations. I think a space lounge for fellow commanders to meet up and swap battle stories or trade secrets and share a drink,would be do a lot for the role play aspect of this game.
Also say you have a mission to kill pirates, wouldn't you rather pick that mission up at the station security office instead of off the mission board?

Obviously I'd love to see more ships but who wouldn't?

First person combat would be interesting but I fear for my fellow commanders who use a joystick. Would have to be done in just the right way to make it work.

Anyway I have more ideas but I'm excited to hear what the rest of you have to say.

1: Ian Bell to join Frontier and help point ED in the right direction (Will never happen)
2: Single Player Offline Mode (Will probably never happen)
3: Krait! (Possibly might happen)
4: MB4 Mining Machines or similar (might happen one day)
5: Space Dredgers/Generation Ships (Stuff some of us have been waiting 31 yrs for) (Will probably never happen)
6: Planetary Mining (Probably will happen)

Hoping that the next patch they keep talking about fixes th missions.

like the walk around part,,, even if it was just certain stations.

Bookmarks for your nav computer.

In in game color adjustments for the heads up display.

more " things " to buy to customize your ship other than paint and a few bobble head things.

Last thing for now, some input from the dev's , would like to know if they have any concern for their player base.

1. Repair of the countless continuity and "geographical" errors in respect to the previous installments of the Elite series.
2. Restoration of the original Imperial Courier.
3. Solo offline game.
4. Reintroduction of the Imperial Trader and Imperial Explorer.
5. Reintroduction of Panther Clipper, Boa, Moray Starboat, Krait, Constrictor and other fan favourite ships.
6. Mining missions
7. Thargoids?

Last edited:
1. Ability to walk around my ship and stations and outposts. Even outside planets.
- I hear it's coming.

2. Player base of some sort. Nothing big just a small operation where I can hire NPCs or work with a small group of friends to like mine a very small area of a backwater ring belt somewhere. Very small and insignificant.

3. Ability to decorate ship interior. I'd love to hook up my anaconda with a sweet observatory or personal quarters fit for exploration

4. Mission system that gives missions that will engage me for more than 1 minute and not bore me to death.

5. Ability to dock and walk around capital ships. I don't care about flying them really.

Multi crew and ship launched fighters are already coming this year but those were also desired.

* Galaxy map overhaul; bookmarks/annotations; possibility to (manually) plan, store, recall and execute multiple routes (including circular ones).

* more clever on-board computer which remembers goods/prices of places I have visited (recently); and a ship's log.

* proper storage of ships with their cargo; includes cargo/equipment transfer between my docked ships of course. With horizons everyone now has a "magic bag" full of goodies for synthesis attached to his backside but I still can not transfer cargo between my ships at a port? I mean really?

*favoriting systems

*guild creation, with ingame FTL chat

*licensed ships from other Sci-Fi series. I really want a firefly class freighter.

*instancing fix, so it's easier to interact with friends

*in Atmosphere landing with the possibility of discovering new organisms. to add more to exploration.

1. Repair of the countless continuity and "geographical" errors in respect to the previous installments of the Elite series.
2. Restoration of the original Imperial Courier.
3. Solo offline game.
4. Reintroduction of the Imperial Trader and Imperial Explorer.
5. Reintroduction of Panther Clipper, Boa, Moray Starboat, Krait, Constrictor and other fan favourite ships.
6. Mining missions
7. Thargoids?

ide actually load the game again if the original Courier was added

Last edited:
- walking in my ship and space stations to interact with npc's and players

- more customization for my ship

- private quarters i can customize and furnish

- customize looks on my ship, make it unique

- more ships of all types alltogether

- ability to find persostant PoI's on planets while exploring and explore some by foot perhaps to unravel what it is

the things i can think of the top of my head

Features I want ASAP:
  • persistent NPCs => first of these will arrive in 2.1, in the form of Engineers and Minor Faction representative :)
  • NPCs with faces => again, will arrive as Engineers and Minor Faction representatives in 2.1 :)
  • passenger gameplay => confirmed to come in release 2.2, "Guardians" (hopefully with the same persistence and face treatment as Engineers and Minor Faction representatives) :)
  • NPC wingmen for hire => sadly not announced, yet :(
  • NPC crewmen for hire => sadly not announced, yet :(
  • NPC comms => have been confirmed to be on the dev plan, but no ETA, yet :|
  • ship transfer between stations in real-time => again, confirmed to be on the dev plan, but without ETA :|
  • asteroid stations
  • CQC assets like the space elevator put to use as interesting locations in the main game => confirmed to come in season 2 :)
Features I want in the next few seasons:
  • walking around space ships, stations and planets in first person perspective
  • landing on planets with atmosphere
  • landing on earthlike worlds
  • Thargoids! :D

Last edited:
I would like some interesting environments to fly my ship through. Like gigantic asteroids with tunnels through them, or giant abandoned megastructures, maybe small moons with underground caves and such. Would be fun fighting in these environments and a little dangerous I would imagine.

Would really like to change my hud colours, but keep targets on the radar with default colours.

A cup holder for my mug of tea :D

* Galaxy map overhaul; bookmarks/annotations; possibility to (manually) plan, store, recall and execute multiple routes (including circular ones).

* more clever on-board computer which remembers goods/prices of places I have visited (recently); and a ship's log.

* proper storage of ships with their cargo; includes cargo/equipment transfer between my docked ships of course. With horizons everyone now has a "magic bag" full of goodies for synthesis attached to his backside but I still can not transfer cargo between my ships at a port? I mean really?

ALL THIS PLEASE!!!!!

- Player Bases
- Player Guild / Corporations etc.
- Player trading!
- Walking in ships / stations.
- FPS Combat
- Plantery cities and amospheric planets
- Server - client architecture
- Undeground alien hives
- Player groups vs player groups wars aka territory controll
- combat boarding
- EVA combat

And generaly more EVE like feeling with better GUI and more options. Just look on EVE player based economy how amazing it is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom