Horizons Elite wishlist

Features I want ASAP:
  • persistent NPCs => first of these will arrive in 2.1, in the form of Engineers and Minor Faction representative :)
  • NPCs with faces => again, will arrive as Engineers and Minor Faction representatives in 2.1 :)
  • passenger gameplay => confirmed to come in release 2.2, "Guardians" (hopefully with the same persistence and face treatment as Engineers and Minor Faction representatives) :)
  • NPC wingmen for hire => sadly not announced, yet :(
  • NPC crewmen for hire => sadly not announced, yet :(
  • NPC comms => have been confirmed to be on the dev plan, but no ETA, yet :|
  • ship transfer between stations in real-time => again, confirmed to be on the dev plan, but without ETA :|
  • asteroid stations
  • CQC assets like the space elevator put to use as interesting locations in the main game => confirmed to come in season 2 :)
Features I want in the next few seasons:
  • walking around space ships, stations and planets in first person perspective
  • landing on planets with atmosphere
  • landing on earthlike worlds
  • Thargoids! :D

This is a good list +1 The only thing you forgot was to build a base. This would be an amazing feature to implement into E.D and to be able to build it up like we do in ARK. Or buy modules. Which can set up a working primary base fast. And then work on it after with adding walls or stuff. Hangars :)

What about a way to perhaps a trader of second npc besides just as wingman?. Got a type 6 justsetting needig something to do , ofcourse having your own base making money is good too

Grettings fellow Commanders, let me start off saying I have been playing this game since it was on the Xbox preview program. This is however my first post on the forums.

First person combat would be interesting but I fear for my fellow commanders who use a joystick. Would have to be done in just the right way to make it work.

I use a HOTAS, but I fear for those who use gamepads, as my mouse and keyboard are always available ;)

I'd like to be able to own a small planetary settlement, and over time and with money be able to build upon it - hangars, outfitting, hire engineers (maybe the ones I earn rep with once 2.1 comes in) and so on.

Maybe later even build the 'floaty' types of bases, starting with an Outpost, later the ability to build (again over time and with credits) the larger ones like Orbis and Coriolis. And expand on those (ever seen the Coriolis type with the large rods sticking out of them? It begs for more modules/pods to be installed, looks in a stage of development).

The sheer customisation possibilities of it would be brilliant. Watching it slowly take shape, then being able to essentially invest in it (maybe even incorporate some trading post for NPCs/PCs). Hire security, outfit them (ever seen internal security of a station in FDLs for example?), outfit the weapons of the station, add modules to the station etc etc. Obviously being able to name it would be nice too (pending approval from Support or someone, just as with a CMDR name change, to avoid some silly kids choosing phallic names and the like). The ability to change the text of the 'mailslot' to whatever you wish would be a simple thing, but now I'm getting into the more purely cosmetic things. On that topic, paint jobs/emblems for stations. Also, many ships have transforming/converting animations, this could be applied to the stations.

The cosmetic stuff would be great if we could either alter it with game tools, like an editor. For things like emblems...maybe just allow us to upload a .jpg we create ourselves.

I thought that we were going to have Jumpgates because in one of the CQC maps it is played around an experimental transfer station. Ie jumpgate.

Edit: No I think im wrong.. it seems to be a boring ol space elevator.

Last edited:
Top Bottom