[Distant Worlds Expedition]The Explorer's Legacy (A suggestion about Lavian Brandy)

"I think we should set aside 5 tons of rare commodities as tokens and symbols of the expedition's success once we reach Beagle Point."

They should be handed over from members of one expedition returning to the bubble to members of another expedition heading out from the bubble so that they will never return to the bubble. Symbolizing a continued, unbroken and never-ending chain of the spirit of exploration, wanderlust and well wishes to future expeditions.

Rules
There are a few rules:

1. They must be one of the original 5 rare commodities from the expedition.
  2. They are not allowed to be brought into any system within the bubble.(this includes but not limited to Robigo and Sothis)
  3. If any are lost, the legacies cannot be replaced. This puts importance in their value.
  4. Each transfer of each legacy between two pilots must be recorded for future historical value.
  5. After every transfer between two expeditions, the value of the legacy will be increased by a percentage to be decided at a later date.
  6. the payer of this would be Olivia Vespera in the event that a greedy explorer decides to sell it. The legacy will be then taken out of play.
  7. Other commanders may offer a price to purchase them. But please let me know so i can take them out of play.

Once a legacy is out of play it means it will no longer artificially increase in value if brought back out on the exploration tour it's value will hence be subject to the community.
Here are the legacies and the current holders
No.WanderlustCamaraderieEndurance SolitudeAchievement
1Olivia Vespera(DWE)Olivia Vespera(DWE)Olivia Vespera(DWE)Olivia Vespera(DWE)Olivia Vespera(DWE)
23.1425(SGE)Satsuma(SGE)Moonrays(CNE/FRE)Halcyone(CNE)Kamzel, the Hermit(BP)
3Wishblend(SGE)GrnbrgSilence Leigh(BVE)Brother Sabathius(CNE)May(DWE)
4Brother SabathiusCometborne (GNE)Elfrida Goto (CNE)Silence Leigh(CNE)Makoto Mai Cirhe(CNE)
5MiepitLydia of the VoidSilence Leigh(CNE)Dr. Kaii
6Wanderlust LostGrnbrgMad-MaxDuckofdeath
7Felina Hawk(MCE)Serinea Askold
8Lost RavenMay
9Cometborne (BPE)

I have chosen to use 5 tons of lavian brandy to represent the 5 stages of the expedition using 5 colours as informal names and 5 attributes of exploration as formal names.

Paint Job:[/spoiler]Lore(anyone interested in writing some lore for each bottle, let me know)
Black Label: Achievement
The Black Label not only reached Beagle Point as with the other legacies but was the one I brought with me on the epic climb up Greeroi Mountain at WP 18. Because of that, it is extra special. At 17km high, challenging Greeroi Mountain is no easy feat as you can watch on Obsidian Ant's video about it here.

peUaRfr.jpg

Achievement visited these ELWs when under CMDR May's possession.
Achievement landed on The Mighty

Red Label: Solitude
The Red Label has been aged within true oak barrels leaving it exposed to galactic radiation that permeates the sparse interstellar medium of the Abyss. Because of this Solitude leaves a spicy after-taste.

Solitude got an upgrade to the crate from CMDR Mad Max with elaborate patterns in green and polished grey using Jade and Moissanite
XtPiDjk.png
KOPZtFR.png
LWnlERl.png

Zf1rJJc.png
06Xi5AN.png

Pricing
Green, Gold, Blue and Red Label legacies are priced at 1,000,000 CR
Black Label is priced at 5,000,000 CR

All legacies will have a 5% increase as it passes from one commander to another or 1% if it is the same commander.
and a 7% increase when passed to members of a new expedition or 3% if it is passed to a commander who previously held it.
When I return to the bubble, if your name is on the list as a current holder of the bottle and you wish to make a tiny profit on it, let me know and we'll do a trade.
That Legacy will then be taken out of play.
Expedition Hub

Wanderlust has been lost. The location of the crash is: HATCHOI DS-Y B29-0 2 15.2872° -109.4058° .

Dove Enigma Legacies
Dove enigma legacies were created during the Enigma Expedition. I've merged the information here so it can all be stored if and when.

1Hope (Orb)Encouragement (Urn)Unity (MA)Community (MA)
2CMDR Dove Enigma (EE)CMDR Dove Enigma (EE)CMDR Dove Enigma (EE)CMDR Dove Enigma (EE))
3CMDR SatsumaCmdr MayCMDR PlasterCMDR Greytest
4CMDR GreytestLost
5CMDR ThudPucker
6Cmdr SpaceMeNow

Last edited:
I'd help but i only have Chateau de Aegaeon in my hold.

Fun idea, though the logistics are going to be difficult (by which i mostly mean the meetings between the coming back and leaving CMDRs). That being said it puts importance on the CMDRs in charge of those bottles to make sure they meet someone before going back to the bubble which could be a nice boost for the social aspect.
Also there might be a worry about this getting exploited by griefers, so i'm not sure if the returning CMDRs are going to be willing to seek someone out of their known circle of explorer-friends to pass the baton.

This is meant to be passed from explorer to explorer who are members of different expeditions. for example, when we head back, chances are, we'll meet with the Sagittarius-Carinii Expedition.

Edit: That's the thing. I want that to have the potential to occur. people who will try to make a fast buck out of this. It adds to the realism and the preciousness of what we're trying to do. I wouldn't call them griefers for trying to burn what I'd like to make. Some people want to watch the world burn.

And we'll do our best to ensure that doesn't happen ^^. If it does it adds to the mythos.

Last edited:
Nice idea. I've brought a ton of Centauri Mega Gin for celebration, and got a hutton mug which I plan to take to BP and then back to the bubble.

Nice idea. I've brought a ton of Centauri Mega Gin for celebration, and got a hutton mug which I plan to take to BP and then back to the bubble.
I'd be willing to trade something for it if you're interested. :p How about a ton of Chateau de aegaeon or Orrerian Vicious Brew? Perhaps Gerasian Gueuze beer? Or perhaps a xihe biomorphic companion.

Last edited:
I have a 64T hold on my Conda (used for fine tune jumps) I am more than happy to assist you in this venture CMDR.

this is great! unfortunately my DBX didn't have space for a cargohold =/

In what way? we're only to pass the canisters to the next expedition leaving the bubble. That's likely to be FGE's Sagittarius-Carinii Expedition or who knows what crops up in 4 months.

Last edited:
I'd help but i only have Chateau de Aegaeon in my hold.

Fun idea, though the logistics are going to be difficult (by which i mostly mean the meetings between the coming back and leaving CMDRs). That being said it puts importance on the CMDRs in charge of those bottles to make sure they meet someone before going back to the bubble which could be a nice boost for the social aspect.
Also there might be a worry about this getting exploited by griefers, so i'm not sure if the returning CMDRs are going to be willing to seek someone out of their known circle of explorer-friends to pass the baton.

Nice idea.

I've brought Eranin Pearly Whisky and Onionhead but I expect it will all be consumed in the party at Beagle Point.
I guess it doesn't have to all be lavian brandy. we can use 5 different types of rare liquor

Last edited:
I'm not part of DW, and it's unlikely I make the trip to BP in the foreseeable future, but I like the idea.

In the case I should happen to be in the area, but don't have the cargo capacity (i.e. haven't upgraded to a Python), I'd gladly stand guard during the exchange.

I have a great way to help you Olivia! You pass me 1t of Brandy, I'll pass 0.998t back! It's like losing weight without all the exercise.

The thing is, small portions of cargo have been known to disappear in this ship. Especially the *hic!* alcoholic *hic!* berverages as that poos thru mi cergo held. *hic!*

A quite nice idea, it'll be great to see how long that brandy will travel.

Oh and, if a bottle is open, it tottaly wasnt me. I promise!

Last edited:
I did try this last year with food cartridges, but no one seemed interested because it wasn't a "rare" (which was par tof the point).

Perhaps Lavian Brandy would be better... Now, if only FD could call it "DW Lavian Brandy" and make them unique items, thus making them impossible to swap...

Oddly, I do have 1T of Lavian Brandy in my 192T hold...

Z...

Last edited:
I'd be willing to trade something for it if you're interested. :p How about a ton of Chateau de aegaeon or Orrerian Vicious Brew? Perhaps Gerasian Gueuze beer? Or perhaps a xihe biomorphic companion.

It's yours. Add me (CMDR PanicButton) & you can find me in Open or Erimus. In exchange I only ask for a few screenshots with The Wasp :) We can do it tonight @ WP20

One more thing you should know. I took my paintbrush, and wrote
PROPERTY OF CMDR PANICBUTTON
on the side of the canister (I was running out of space at the end there :D) Please leave it as it is.

Last edited:
In what way? we're only to pass the canisters to the next expedition leaving the bubble. That's likely to be FGE's Sagittarius-Carinii Expedition or who knows what crops up in 4 months.

The Sag/Car expedition is more fluid than DW right now. When it first started, it was more organized, but it has since turned into an ongoing mapping operation without set routes or start/end times. There are at least a few of us who are headed back from BP along the Sagittarius-Carina arm, so we could take some from BP and it would become the Sag/Car brandy. Then it becomes a matter of just organizing the handoff when a carrying CMDR heads back to the bubble. That's easy enough, especially since the FGE's home system is on the edge of the bubble.

P.S.: Yes, I'm volunteering to carry some brandy back from BP to be part of the Sag/Car brandy stash. And yes, I promise I won't drink it all before I hand it off. :D

Last edited:
It's yours. Add me (CMDR PanicButton) & you can find me in Open or Erimus. In exchange I only ask for a few screenshots with The Wasp :) We can do it tonight @ WP20

One more thing you should know. I took my paintbrush, and wrote
PROPERTY OF CMDR PANICBUTTON
on the side of the canister (I was running out of space at the end there :D) Please leave it as it is.
alright!

Top Bottom