please help with VIVE setup

Hi guys

Im lucky enough to get hands on a HTC vive pre. But I cant play ED on it, even I chose start game in steam VR, the game still runs on my desktop as windowed mode. Anyone knows how to play ED on VIVE please help.

Thanks

Hi guys

Im lucky enough to get hands on a HTC vive pre. But I cant play ED on it, even I chose start game in steam VR, the game still runs on my desktop as windowed mode. Anyone knows how to play ED on VIVE please help.

Thanks

As you know, Vive has not been released yet so i dont think asking here is going to help you, have you thought about contacting Frontier develepments technical department ? i think that would be a more sensible place to ask this question.

Well I thought this is the place for VR support and discussion, is not? I read many threads in this forum and many said ED is currently support Vive already, you can play it on Vive as long as you have one. That's why Im asking here, see if anyone had experienced it already and know how to set it up.

are you using it through steam vr mode? it works in that im told ?

yes I did start the game in steam VR mode, like all other games, it started on my PC as a windowed game,but nothing on vive (other vive supported games also runs a windowed version on pc, and vive will also work at this point).

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

most likely you need to install steamvr beta.

http://www.vrcircle.com/post/how-to-enable-steamvr-for-oculus-rift-development-kit-2-dk2

even tho it says dk2 in the link the steps are identical

thx man, I already using Steam vr beta, still not working for ED.

yes I did start the game in steam VR mode, like all other games, it started on my PC as a windowed game,but nothing on vive (other vive supported games also runs a windowed version on pc, and vive will also work at this point).

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

thx man, I already using Steam vr beta, still not working for ED.

have you gone into the graphics settings in ED and selected it to output in VR?

Oh wait, I found it, its under graphics > 3D > HMD. prob solved, thx dude

lol you should have read my pm from this morning ;)

so is that it, are you now in your ship? if so.... what do you reckon? (for me, after owning the DK2 for 18 months and trying 100s of experiences, ED in VR is THE most jaw dropping)

(not sure if supported in the vive, but if they are, other must check outs include Euro truck sim 2, flyinside FSX and timemachine vr

the last one of the above has a free demo on steam to whet your appetite

Last edited:
lol you should have read my pm from this morning ;)

so is that it, are you now in your ship? if so.... what do you reckon? (for me, after owning the DK2 for 18 months and trying 100s of experiences, ED in VR is THE most jaw dropping)

(not sure if supported in the vive, but if they are, other must check outs include Euro truck sim 2, flyinside FSX and timemachine vr

the last one of the above has a free demo on steam to whet your appetite

yes I just noticed your PM, thx for helping :)

I just tried training mode, and see how it works, the view is absolute stunning, but I can't manage to control my ship as ED does not support vive controller atm, and my desktop is too far from me to control with mouse and keyboard (I made a clear zone for vive room track,so the headset is in the middle of the zone and my PC is at the corner of the room, if try to reach my mouse the vive will lose track, if you know what i mean :p)

I prob will get a wireless controller tomorrow to try it out :p
I'm new to ED, just wanna try it on vive as it seems ED is the only promising title for vive at current stage.

Make sure you bind a key to re-centre HMD and use that to re-center your view / position in the cockpit.
Use either keyboard / Hotas / joystick or XBox controller.
With ED, you really should be sat down and not stood up in the middle of the room, no point in 15x15 room stuff in Vive for ED as it is all in a seated position.

How many of these type of Vive threads are we going to get I wonder :) :)

Where do you find the setting to key a button for re-centering
the view in VR?
Was there something about this particular three-and-a-half year old thread that caught your eye? :)

In case you haven't found it yet - it's in Controls/Miscellaneous - Reset HMD. Set to f12 by default and very handy when rebound to a controller button.

Oh yes, frustration in the situation caused me to do a search, some problems are timeless.;)
Thanks for your consideration.

Oh yes, frustration in the situation caused me to do a search, some problems are timeless.;)
Thanks for your consideration.
No problems, the Encyclopaedia Controlia can be a bit of a nightmare when trying to find that one thing you need to change :)

Top Bottom