Patch Notes Update Elite Dangerous - Beta 5 incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Provide a graphics option to adjust UI scale in VR with a maximum and default of 0.7 for Vive and 1.0 for Oculus

What does this do? Does it just scale the UI elements like panels and such, or the entire rendered area?

Fantastic! My viper headlights will work again (and all the other stuff)!

I don't think I can hit anything not stationary with a torpedo at 700m. Testing needed... :)

Edit: I hope that arming timer is clearly communicated. People will see their torpedos hit the target and wonder why it didn't explode. Could they be armed based on distance to the ship that fired them? So arm when they're, say, 200m away?

Last edited:
It seems first way to fix Vive issue, so Vive owners rejoice! Also lot of tweaks around Engineers, UI plus randomness factors tweaked.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

What does this do? Does it just scale the UI elements like panels and such, or the entire rendered area?

I suspect it just scales UI interface within game to make fonts readable. Would be also awesome feature for general usage.

Awesome! Quite a large changelog for such a short time since beta 4! :)

Edit:

especially like this one:
- Added ship voice notification when a mission specific USS has spawned

I still love the ships voice and guess this particular notification might come in handy ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the hard work, looking forward to seeing what improvement this gives for us Vive users:

- Provide a graphics option to adjust UI scale in VR with a maximum and default of 0.7 for Vive and 1.0 for Oculus

- Found a better home for some populations and factions from star systems that didn’t have anywhere for them to live

Aww, and here I was imagining an entire population of gypsy like folk roaming around their star system in a mismatched assortment of ships, complete with cobbled together fixes for the inevitable breakages. :D

Last edited:
Has any body experienced "No Sound" in the 2.1 4 Beta? I have no problem on the original 2.1, but load up the Beta and Zero Sound, whatever I do with the Audio Options?

- Bias the rolls for engineer-crafted items, following several factors:
- Existence of a special effect tends to mean you rolled nearer the top of the ranges
- Items tend to be more consistent in extremity of positive and negative mods when both exist
- Rolls are now biased towards slightly above centre as a baseline
- Removed some of the common materials so there isn't quite so many different ones to collect
- Fixed Shield Booster recipe modifiers that made them affect hull rather than shield

Hi Zac

Whilst we will find out soon enough does the line above (in bold) mean that the special effect is no longer subject to RNG in the sense it's a separate roll, but rather if the component roll is good enough it automatically receives a special effect ?

It'd be nice if we could reject a special effect while keeping the main roll... I don't WANT a healing ray on my pulse lasers!

Last edited:
Has any body experienced "No Sound" in the 2.1 4 Beta? I have no problem on the original 2.1, but load up the Beta and Zero Sound, whatever I do with the Audio Options?

I had this issue. It is most likely that the DirectX 9 audio component Elite started using from BETA4 (XAudio2) is not installed on your PC.

ED BETA 4 Release notes: General Tweaks said:
Defaulted the main audio output device to XAudio2 as WASAPI seems to cause issues with audio driver exclusiveness (stops the game silencing other apps when it shouldn't)

My PC (a vanilla Win 10 install) was missing the file too. If you install DirectX 9 Runtime re-distributable (June 2010 edition), you should find the problem solved.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom