Engineers Xbox 360 controller bindings on PC

So in the engineer's update, some of the default bindings for the xbox 360 controller have changed.
I've always flown with the default controls and haven't had much of a reason to change them.

However, some of the default controls have changed and I cannot change them back using the menu.

Most notably, the default button combination for cycling fire groups and turning off flight assist ARE THE SAME.

Is there is a text file hidden in the install directory that I can change manually? I'm unable to fight properly with only one fire group!

So in the engineer's update, some of the default bindings for the xbox 360 controller have changed.
I've always flown with the default controls and haven't had much of a reason to change them.

However, some of the default controls have changed and I cannot change them back using the menu.

Most notably, the default button combination for cycling fire groups and turning off flight assist ARE THE SAME.

Is there is a text file hidden in the install directory that I can change manually? I'm unable to fight properly with only one fire group!

I use XB control also, but used in conjunction with voice attack software means stuff like FA and weapon switch do not need dedicated buttons.
Not an answer to your question - but just saying.

There is indeed a file "C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings", however if you open options and go to controls in the top right use the drop box and choose "Default Context" it should put it back to normal again.

I had this same issue today. The patch seems to make a new "Custom" bindings file for some reason and sets it to default. <shrugs>
Hope this helps. ;)

Praise be to you Zeroo!

The worst effect for me was, having reset the bindings manually was that the macros for things didn't work - i.e. putting gear down boosted simultaneously :O

Top Bottom