UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 6 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
There still are UAs in the shell since i already found some in other systems
Yup, I was wrong about Shell. It's still there it seems. Just found UA: MEL 22 SECTOR DB-x D1-40 in USS that after scan showed Anomaly Detected Threat 4 . It took a lot longer since I stumbled upon the right signal source though (around 20 minutes or so). UA still points to Merope. Taking screenshots and recording it for reference. :)

Speaking of Barnard's loop, I do believe it's briefly seen in the Engineers trailer. It had been mentioned a few pages ago to look for clues in the trailer. Perhaps this is significant or perhaps it's just nice scenery.

Yup, I was wrong about Shell. It's still there it seems. Just found UA: MEL 22 SECTOR DB-x D1-40 in USS that after scan showed Anomaly Detected Threat 4 . It took a lot longer since I stumbled upon the right signal source though (around 20 minutes or so). UA still points to Merope. Taking screenshots and recording it for reference. :)

Here are my results from checking the shell so far:

HIP 19175 - UA FOUND - 135ly from Merope
ARIES DARK REGION UE-P B6-1 - UA FOUND - 137ly
HYADES SECTOR BV-Y C17 - UA FOUND - 138ly
HYADES SECTOR IR-V B2-2 - UA FOUND - 140ly
HYADES SECTOR DL-Y D39 - NO UA FOUND - 140ly
HYADES SECTOR HW-W C1-8 - NO UA FOUND - 145ly
HYADES SECTOR EB-X C1-9 - UA FOUND - 146ly
HYADES SECTOR LX-T B3-0 - NO UA FOUND - 149ly

in the systems i found an UA, i found them pretty quick, mostly near the sun.
In the systems without UA, i searched a lot and relogged / revisited a couple times, but just found normal uss.

maybe someone else could check the non ua systems.

and thanks FD, the new bookmarks make things sooo much easier!!!

edit: just revisited the ARIES system again and found an UA.. so this all might still be just the new spawning mechanic..

Last edited:

Do we have an explanation for these various USS threat levels in 2.1??

Just prior to the patch I was happily getting up to 15 UAs per hour in my usual system. Now I'd be lucky to get two in that time... given the experience of others popping up now it's probably fair to say that either directly (spawn rate of UA sites) or indirectly (USS mechanics in general) the spawn rate is much lower now.

My thoughts were the same as yours with this.... my results were also the same unfortunately...

Orion was the same.

Wherever this stuff is, I really, really get the feeling that just like Barnacles, we'll just "stumble upon it", which would be very disappointing if it were the case.

Before barnacles were found I did spend a few hours on Merope 5C and found nothing... considering we took "much longer to find" the Barnacles (as per the Beta Launch livestream, months) I think that pretty much sums up that sort of mechanic.

So I assume that means 0= high threat & 4 = low threat

Other way around. Most Threat 1 Weapons Fire sites are fairly mundane, while Threat 2/3 Weapons Fire sites get more hazardous.

Remember that Degraded Emissions (which are just random salvage/junk) are threat 0.

Threat 4 for an Anomaly (in this case, Unknown Artefact) is kinda correct for a system estimating threats and erring on the side of caution. And lets face it, UAs can be lethal to your ship and you can't do anything about it.

Last edited:
From the barnacle research that Zenith and I carried out over the last few nights it was ascertained that:
•there are 6 Barnacle locations that are intact and have NO defences of any kind.
•there are 9 Barnacle locations that are intact and have defences of some sort.
•the rest of the 31 Barnacles are all in a destroyed state.
•the intact Barnacles without defences had 17 spikes.
•the intact Barnacles with defences had 12 spikes.
But there is an anomaly that's worthy of investigation. This barnacle: Double with 35+ spikes (hard to say for sure.. was getting cross eyed by this point of the night) in total? - requires further study
Pleiades Sector JC-U b3-2 2 -18.23 -17.35 Intact Spikes No defences
tLZ8wIx.png
nR6TWMH.png

Last edited:
Aries dark dw-w 1-78 136ly from merope, travelled there 3 times, got 4 UAs, destroyed all to get unknown fragments (a UA spawns 1 or 2). the whale sound is different from the previous UA as far as I can tell.

threat level 4 means and will always mean dangerous place. definitely the UA is tagged as such because it can defend itself, just we haven't found how to agro it.

Last edited:
A little something Derthek wanted someone to post:

He was doing some testing in a system nearby Polaris where they would attack them and attempt to make them jump to Polaris, then scan their wakes. And....this happened.

Du7Um7w.jpg

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Other way around. Most Threat 1 Weapons Fire sites are fairly mundane, while Threat 2/3 Weapons Fire sites get more hazardous.

Remember that Degraded Emissions (which are just random salvage/junk) are threat 0.

Threat 4 for an Anomaly (in this case, Unknown Artefact) is kinda correct for a system estimating threats and erring on the side of caution. And lets face it, UAs can be lethal to your ship and you can't do anything about it.

Also UA used to be found in Strong Signal Sources so it makes sense they are threat level 4 now.

Just to point out that I had an unfortunate incident this evening.
There's plenty of stories of pilots racing for the slot while the final seconds of oxygen tick away... only to be saved in the final gasps by passing through the slot.

This isn't one of those stories. :(

[video=youtube_share;uGamWi0Fqq8]https://youtu.be/uGamWi0Fqq8[/video]

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom