Engineers Engineers Crafting Assistant Tool

UPDATE *** 1ST OCTOBER 2016 ***
THE ECAT IS NOW MODULE BASED, NOT ENGINEER BASED MAKING IT MORE COMPACT AND MUCH EASIER TO USE.

Hello fellow commanders.
I have created an Engineers Crafting Assistant Tool that you are able to personalize to the materials you have collected.
The tool shows you all the engineers upgrades. It is separated into tabs based on the module e.g. Core internals, Thermal weapons etc. for ease of viewing, colour coding makes it visually easy to understand.

Once you have input your data into the first page all other pages are updated automatically, showing you the upgrades you can currently access and showing you the materials/data or commodities you need to get to achieve other upgrades.

You will be amazed how my ECAT makes you see how many upgrades you already have available, and what you need to hunt down, all in one simple document.
Taking away all the silly bits of paper you had written things on and lost, it is also a great peace of mind.

*************UPDATE 1ST OCT 2016*********************

YOU NEED EXCEL TO RUN THIS CORRECTLY

New version available here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-POHABHKMGlU0pWYl9zSmd5bVU/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
use "img" tag

uxgN.png

Last edited:
Nice, I've been meaning to gen up something like this but between RL and ED I have negative hours in the day.

There are quite a few trivial blueprints in terms of materials which make a good way to grind up rep before obtaining the mod you really want. This will make it easy to see what you need to do 3 tier 1, 3 tier 2, 3 tier 3, 3 tier 4 and a tier 5 so you can show up, unlock, jump to tier 5 and obtain that mod. Originally I'd done this to the tier 3 level because tracking all the way to tier 5 was too much of a pain.

I'll definitely check it out.

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
I am actually working on a very simplified version of this myself, and it would be great if I could quit doing that and get back to playing instead :)
Please let us know when it is removed from the "Permission"-wall on Google as posted by LameoveR.

What would be perfect is also having an indication of where every component/data piece is likely to be found in one of the columns

That is great, thanks. Now if anyone would take the task of implementing elite ocr to read in my material screens :) That is a bit beyond my skills at the moment, but perhaps some of the market related python scripts could be modified to do this too. Then this would actually be the info that we should have in-game :cool:

(Hate it when people lock spreadsheet sheets though in case I want to modify them for my own usage. Pretty crafty that one quite uncommon special character at the end of the sheet password. ;-)

Last edited:
Not to rain on your parade or anything, but Inara.cz has a decent overview/tool online.

http://inara.cz/galaxy-blueprints

My tool is nothing like the Inara one. Don't know if you even looked at it (guessing not). Mine you can put your stock into it and it tells you all the upgrades can do, and what else you need for others. If you prefer to figure it all out the long way using Inara i am pleased. you certainly are not raining on my parade lol

Hi Fire Dragon. I've looked at both tools, and yours is superior to inara.cz, in my opinion. Downloaded, and populated with materials only at this stage.

Your results match up with the numerous sheets of A4 that I use for controlling my materials collection. Take some +1 rep.

Hi Fire Dragon. I've looked at both tools, and yours is superior to inara.cz, in my opinion. Downloaded, and populated with materials only at this stage.

Your results match up with the numerous sheets of A4 that I use for controlling my materials collection. Take some +1 rep.

That's very kind of you to say,
My tool is personal to your stock levels and gives you clear information on what is available to you at your current material stock level, (and what you need for the next upgrade) which I found very useful. Inara is a great website, and offers much more information but in a general way.
I found using the 2 together worked very well for me, This is why I though I would share my tool.

That's very kind of you to say,
My tool is personal to your stock levels and gives you clear information on what is available to you at your current material stock level, (and what you need for the next upgrade) which I found very useful. Inara is a great website, and offers much more information but in a general way.
I found using the 2 together worked very well for me, This is why I though I would share my tool.

That's a neat tool, well done!

I have a couple comments:

1) it's light and fast, that's nice.
2) if you pulled the data from my Doc, please link it somewhere (same for Inara, since it pulls my data).
3) All this is done by the Inventory Management on the Doc; it's way lighter as a stand-alone (obviously), but they both do the same...

That's a neat tool, well done!

I have a couple comments:

1) it's light and fast, that's nice.
2) if you pulled the data from my Doc, please link it somewhere (same for Inara, since it pulls my data).
3) All this is done by the Inventory Management on the Doc; it's way lighter as a stand-alone (obviously), but they both do the same...

Q2, pulled data from my Doc? don't know what this is.

Top Bottom