UAs, Barnacles & other mysteries Thread 7 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

so, you confirm both: they are Thargoids and that sign is 1 hand of a thargoid that grabs a sphere ?

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
I'm quit surprised and a little disappointed we not getting organized yet.

The community is obviously hooked. We've got scientists, explorers, militarized parties, and passionate individuals. We've got large groups of players, that I thought, would have been willing to take things into hand.
The thread is full of valid theories, it's also full of redundancies and somehow empty when stepping towards the truth.

We need science here. Science is not about the knowledge, science is about the methodology. Science is a method that leads to knowledge and uncovers truth.

Rizal did a great job with the first post, he's putting everyone that is trying to figure out the meaning of this message on the same level of information.
Now we need to take a step forward. We need a lead !

If I were to be a scientific organization, I would jump on this opportunity and take the lead. I would list all theories and start working on validating or repudiating them. I would send missions requests to players and other organizations to gather the resources and conduct the needed experiments. I would be totally transparent and keep the comunity up to date. I would also give a chance to upcoming theories to be worked on.

Convoys need to be attack and followed. UAs, UPs and meta alloys need to be gathered. Nebulas, systems and planets need to be explored. Maths need to come all out. And most importantly HONKS need to be made, with everything, in evry directions !

Groups must take their responsibilities and drag the community. Players can't deny this event is bringing this emergent gameplay we were waiting for. It maybe wont last long before someone randomly finds the meaning of this message. Before it happens, we are better of creating fun out of this.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: ilo
Okay then. I've held off posting this because I am way too underinformed on the subject of signal analysis and this more than likely a stupid idea. But when you're grasping at straws anyway, what the heck right?
Will somebody with the appropriate skill set do some Fast Fourier Analyses of the Audio? Particularly the parts pre and post the glyph section. It might pull out some details....

Oh, and you can laugh now if I'm talking tosh :) (see the second sentence)

OK so apparently I cant upload pictures..... I get an "invalid file" error. sooooo... oh well.
Anyone know where I can put this thing so others can see it?

So, the BBC article now tells us that the world is watching us, and probably collectively facepalming at our stupidity. There's probably some uber scientist/The Riddler who has already figured this out within seconds, and is now laughing at us.

I don't know, there's a lot of really, really smart people in this thread. I swear some of them are actual astrophysicists and/or work for the ESA/NASA

There seem to be two separate parts to the signal. Perhaps someone could split the the two to give a clearer view of the the underlying images. This might also something in the sound overlaying the image.

Looking at the background that the image is on looks like a series of arcs. If you look at the right hand side you can see what appears to be text along side each line. With text for the next line diagonal to the ones either side.

I'm more or less convinced that there's at least two if not 3 layers of info hidden in the image. This weekend I plan to continue to try and tease out something (amp vs phase, tweaking the FFT windows, speeding up and slowing down looking for beats, etc).

In the meantime II have an idea that for the pictogram part the folks who are treating it like a 3d image are on the right track. I've borrowed one of GenesysGen2's images since it's prettier than anything I've made (I like the blue) and annotated it with everything I'm convinced is real in the sense that I've listened to the audio and looked at the wave forms as it crossed those structures and somebody went out of their way for them to appear.
7lEa2Fl.png

For the bit marked (0), it bugs me that those are not true latitude (don't converge at poles) or longitude (aren't parallel) lines. Possibly there's meaning there, possibly they just didn't know how to properly draw a sphere.

1. Possibly that's intended to denote 140 degrees(see below), possibly it's a projection out of the sphere and it's an orbital line
  2. I'm not sure what to make of that but personally I think it denotes: Landable Planet. It's similar to the galmap designation for landable planet.
  3. Again not sure what to make of that. But the important bit is it appears to be replicated to the right (also marked (3)) and now it appears to be rotated such that it's to the top of the sphere. I'm also not sure what to make of the two VV up and to the right but they're a real thing in the image.
  4. I've looked at a lot of different images from the audio, the two lines do not appear to be symmetric in length. Again whatever it is appears to be replicated to the right (also marked (4)). Near the basketball the longer of the two lines seems to point to whatever (6) is to the left. Note that the two lines appear to have swapped places in terms of which is longer. That may mean you need to rotate the sphere (maybe 140 degrees ?). I suspect one is pointing to the surface and the other is pointing to an external reference. Then again it may just mean 1/8th arc.
  5. Not sure what to make of those, they're faint but it does appear to be 3 arcs.
  6. Not sure whether that's *a* thing or several things. To me it looks like a pixelated UA.

Then there are the green bars. Those are stable with respect to each other but are offset with respect to the pictogram from recording to recording. I'm focusing on them now, I'm convinced some information is encoded there. It took too much effort to put them in. Note I only marked some of the lines just to call attention to their existance in general, I left some unmarked to keep the image clean and I didn't size the line to denote duration. In other words don't try to read too much directly from my lines in terms of binary or something.

Lastly there's the bits before and after (blue lines). That's clearly noise generated by the UP before the initial blast, it almost sounds like it's powering up but it's transmitting a signal that looks a lot like the galmap or something.

Last edited:
Quite honestly as cool as it is, it is still pretty disgruntling to all but a few sound engineers that you need to have to use an exterior program OUTSIDE of the game to crack this code. It really breaks the immersion. It really sucks too that the answers are actually inaccessible to the majority of players. While I know of audacity and many other sound programs over the years it still would take someone who spends a lot of time on computers to crack this other than a casual gamer.

technically it just needs one person to post the image that was found and everyone else can then decode it.

I don't know, there's a lot of really, really smart people in this thread. I swear some of them are actual astrophysicists and/or work for the ESA/NASA

The fact this will require engineers and math to solve this shows you how out of touch with the general gaming population FD are. This is simple pandering to some very specific people. While joe on the block won't have a chance in solving even a part of it.

Maybe I got an idea, where the Wild life UP can be found: the tip Off missions with the crashed ship... Maybe near this planets, can't remember the System name.

Have been doing my best to follow everything over the past few days. Apologies if this has been suggested and tested...

if if the probe is a key, and scanning the barnacles in the SRV results in compromised data, should we consider scanning the barnacle again with the probe in the SRV cargo hold? Or next to the barnacle? Do we honk the probe next to the barnacle and then scan the barnacle?

Grasping at straws...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom