UAs, Barnacles & other mysteries Thread 7 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
And i need a overlay with the egg..

Orions belt stars are all on the border with the locked col70 sector.. and Orions bow got 4 stars in it all starting with Pi. Pi 1,2,3 and 4..

I know its far fetched, but not half as far as what some are trying to do here.. My photoshops skills are not good enough..

You should learn. Anyone you ask to do it for you had to learn.

Random thought - I recall somewhere that Merope 5c's orbit inclination is 138 degrees? Even thought I've honked the Merope system several times since I started playing for some reason 5c isn't showing so I can't confirm...

The line that extends diagonally down/right happens to be more or less bang on 138 degrees clockwise from the top of the circle.

I believe the third symbol (The radial line) as well as meaning "Good job!) also meant bidirectional - and the fourth, Mirrored. Im not the best at explaining things - so sometimes I jump the gun and just do it.

I could be wrong - but its hard to be wrong when everything lines up like that... Like I said... Discuss.

I also believe im not finished yet. The next stage is to clean up the recording using the new stuff to subtract from the old.

Has anyone looked to see that is there any 6502/6512 or Z80 assembly language program hidden in this transmission?
as Elite was originally came out on the BBC Micro and ZX Spectrum.

Anyway programmers do have a sense of humour, I could see them doing this.
You will find this funny if you are a programmer.

How many programmers does it take to change a lightbulb?
None
It's a hardware problem!

Wouldn't work that way. I spent a long time procrastinating about the time problem... 1.45 etc... Getting hold of the custom 44K recording made for me helped immensely. It's 1.5 seconds (Without dither added by higher bitrate) Believe me Belthize. I spent a lot of time on that. What you see there is the result of a long process. I had to figure out the meaning of the circle. Each section (23 in total) was done individually. And that is the result of it. I had no idea what it would look like.

Can you post the resulting sound file or a log scale pic, some of the structure isn't visible and I'd like to see what it did to it.

Can you post the resulting sound file or a log scale pic, some of the structure isn't visible and I'd like to see what it did to it.

Already did. Its on the original post.

If you like I can send everything over to you. I have Audacity running, Adobe audition, Wavelab and Cubase running. Which one?

Last edited:
Random thought - I recall somewhere that Merope 5c's orbit inclination is 138 degrees? Even thought I've honked the Merope system several times since I started playing for some reason 5c isn't showing so I can't confirm...

The line that extends diagonally down/right happens to be more or less bang on 138 degrees clockwise from the top of the circle.

Nope, the orbital inclination is ~75 degrees. 138 degrees is the longitude of periapsis, i.e. what point in it's orbit it is closest to the star.

Given that M5C is an almost perfectly circular orbit (0.00000 I think) this point is fairly arbitrary.

Speaking of orbital mechanics, people have been talking a bit about tidal locking, but even though M5c is tidally locked to M5, given that there is an axial tilt of some 15 degrees, I suspect that M5 does move in the sky of M5c, oscillating back and forth by 30 degrees each "year/day". I'm not sure at what orbital phase the rotational axis lies in the plane of the orbit, as I don't think this info is in the system map.

NVM, saw the soundcloud link in the original and just snagged it. From what I can tell it just re-orders the jigsaw pieces into new and confusing ways.

Ok, the tidal locking to Merope 5 isn't exact.
Probably because of the axial tilt.

Today I have Merope 5 almost exactly overhead at coordinates -7.5, -117.5.

My expectation is that during its 6.6 day orbit the overhead point will change.
Latitude will vary between -15.78 and +15.78.
Not quite sure what will hapen with the longitude.

If the simulation is correct, nothing should happen to the longitude.

Yaffle

Volunteer Moderator
Hello all

You're rapidly racing towards the 10,000 post mark here, which means a new thread.

Who is best placed to have the First Post (which is editable)?

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
This is transposed up and little slow down part from original sound. I cut noise and connect two pieces in one. Cut lows and hights in EQ and up voice freqs. I dont know what I hear. You hear voice?

Which do you mean when you say original sound, there's been quite a few recordings?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Hello all

You're rapidly racing towards the 10,000 post mark here, which means a new thread.

Who is best placed to have the First Post (which is editable)?

As Riz is on holiday I guess it'll be the Big Z.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom