UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Side-note: I still don't think we've found all the nebulae with Barnacles in but I'm not sure that Barnacles are related to the UP/UA mystery. I don't think the UP is telling us to stop shooting them. It might even be a coincidence, a red herring, that Barnacles are on 5c at all and that the reason the UAs and UPs direct us there has nothing to do with them whatsoever. It's not like the Barnacles on Merope 5c have alien bases built around them and alien vehicles mining them all the time. If there's an outpost of the 'Missing' or anyone else on 5c, then they are well away from the Barnacles and avoid them - and that might not be a coincidence

I agree. The barnacles are not key to the UAs/UPs.

I don't think there's anything on 5C.

Not right now anyway.

And if there is - I don't think it'll be bigger barnacles or whatever - but something else.

You know, maybe we are all barking up the wrong tree when Overlord Brookes has to show up and signpost/guide us. :(

Maybe the fundamental (and admittedly maybe overcomplex) assumptions we are making are wrong and rather than try and decode the signal further we need to re-examine the purpose we have assumed the probe is fulfilling?

the god mode hand holding exercise is falling behind we should have figured it out by now, now its time for them to drop enoguh clues to bring us up to the next hand holding piece of content.

Seconded. We got some breadcrumbs for hints.

Last edited:
I know that this would mean the sacrifice of an UP

but

please
fe8OC5x.gif
please

would someone try to honk an UP next to the barnacle and filming it once for all ?

I am currently 700,000ls out. Traveled at 65c so I didnt miss any USS. Nothing out here but Threat 0's

Did the same on a number of occasions but line of sight is 1000 ls so I realized I could easily miss an armada of Thargoid capital ships that far from the star, unless whatever is out there can be found by using the UP message as directions.

Hey people - watch the video Donmarraa linked.

Tones have been added to match the way the UP lights up after it gets scanned:

[video=youtube;30_p5Kzy75U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30_p5Kzy75U[/video]

I'm crap with morse but to me the last 4 letters could be ...... S E E R - I'm not sure why the spacing between letters varies though.

Last edited:
I think the main goal is to try to focus on the purpose of those artifacts...

UA: the UA scans incoming ships and send morse codes of the scanned ship so it could be a defense grid around merope to keep track of passing vessels. I wouldn't focus on the name "artifact" or "probes" they are both probes and indeed they both are artifacts of alien (not-human nature)
Barnacle: mineral extraction? and what else? maybe nothing else... or maybe hatching other probes but there is no sign they spawn anything apart from the crops
UP: they stand still until triggered by a powerful blast of the discovery scanners (because it has to be powerfull to scan a whole solar system) and it sends back a message that probably it's not intended for us... the main difference between the UA and UP here could be that the UA message changes with the scanning ship while the UP message it's the same for all the UP recovered so far so what could be the purpose of multiple probes that do nothing but broadcast the same message after a given trigger?

it could be:

-a greetings message?
-a menace?
-instructions?

Hey people - watch the video.

Tones have been added to match the way the UP lights up after it gets scanned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30_p5Kzy75U

I'm crap with morse but to me the last 4 letters could be ...... S E E R - I'm not sure why the spacing between letters varies though.

I ran it through a translator as best I could and it was as nonsensical as using morse on the image symbols.

However, maybe if you take ALL the letters and solve an anagram?

Though I think the solution is much simpler.

Really? Then they're just extremely rare... I

Btw if anyone find one, feel free to add me if you need a hand, i have some free time atm during afternoons.

I'll be online tonight to do the same.

Canonn Mods can we get another push to find more UPs? I'm doing some solo searching myself. or are you guys stocked up on them at the moment?

Title thread says we have 2, then someone said a few days 1 was lost on meropes surface due to bug, and now i'm seeing people claim they have more than 1 themselves?

To add to my earlier post, i checked the UP test spreadsheet, and i can only see "honk at MA", now maybe if we honk at the UP with a MA on board, or even eject close to UP, and honk it, will it give us a different spectrogram.

The MA effects the UA by nuetralising it's effects. Does it change the UP in someway too.

(please correct me if this has been tried, but i could not find it)

Has anyone dropped an Unknown Artefact next to the Unknown Probe and Honked them both together?

The latest video of the military convoy, on the local message screen. The pilot called the cargo NHE-17, any significanse with this. is 17 the number of this UP, What could NHE stand for.

The data is the image in the sound: c'mon people, it made it on the BBC website among others!

Flashing heads of the UP is interesting, but contains nothing IMO.

We already have what we need, and we have to decode it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom