UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I was planning to leave the region tonight but will head towards 2a tonight. I agree, the system seems to be the lock but how we use the key is baffling.

Maybe in another 1800 comments we can combine enough smarts to git gud at this puzzle stuff. I would also love to sleep and not have dreams about whales singing or driving an SRV again.

Hm, something comes to my mind.
Lock and Key. What do you do with a key? Put it in the lock (bring it to Merope)
and turn it around...

when Merope is the Lock then maybe we really wait for a special constellation of the stellar bodies / moons. Specifically when they are all aligned maybe? Does that happen in the near future?

Look what I found.

Six mounth ago some guy found strange things during usual exploration.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDange...ere_is_something_very_weird_about_the_merope/

------------------------
I was doing my exploration in the search for alien artefacts and I just opened the system map. Something bothered me about it when I was doing mouseovers to chose next rock to investigate.

I looked at the distances from the star.
This system is almost perfectly set, sure with slight inaccuracies here and there, but we are talking astronomical distances here:

1. Every planet is 1K Ls away from each other with only slight differences
  2. Asteroids in the system are evenly spaced out.
  3. Merope has almost identical planets. Two sets of 1+4 and two sets of 2+3.
  4. Merope 2 and Merope 2 moons are even more interesting. Merope 2 is 3000Ls from the main star and 3050 was the start of Thargoid invasion.
  5. Merope 2 has almost perfect circular orbit. Merope 2A has a PERFECT circular orbit and EXACTLY one EARTH day of orbital period.
  6. Moons of Merope 2 follow 1-2-3-9 sequence for distance from Merope 2. Almost IDENTICAL as the asteroid belts in the system.
My guess is that Merope system is some sort of mathematical puzzle - and answers are somewhere on Merope 2A. OR that is an artificial system, created by who knows how advanced technology.
Thargoids ancestors? Thargoid ENEMIES?
------------------------

Another (old) puzzle was in Merope https://i.imgur.com/7Hl7i9R.jpg

We can compare it with data from UA.

What you guys thinking?

I think I can say that there is something up with the Merope system. I have spent a lot of time there...I now firmly believe that Merope 2c is actually some kind of orientation device... As it has a perfectly circular orbit and perfect 24 hour orbit period.
I'm thinking that some kind of timings are hidden in the spectrograph, and Merope 2c is our direct way of translating them into vectors...

Lock and Key. What do you do with a key? Put it in the lock (bring it to Merope)
and turn it around...

when Merope is the Lock then maybe we really wait for a special constellation of the stellar bodies / moons. Specifically when they are all aligned maybe? Does that happen in the near future?

What if we use the word "twist" or "rotate" instead of "turn it around"? Or just the word "turn".

Im not saying it sounds differently than before. Just that is sounds differently than the alive ones. So maybe this Sad song of the dead ones might be useful for further sound analysis or something

I only have recordings of "live" barnacles and I've compared the sound to that.

Last edited:
and turn it around...

Well, I may be tinfoiling here and am simply musing with out much to back me up but maybe my thought could lead somewhere.

So, we believe the signal from the probe is a key.

The probe points to Merope 5c

Merope itself has some allegedly peculiar traits. Things are very evenly spaced. Orbits are very circular. Artificial, perhaps.

My thought is then thus. Time is a factor. Perhaps the probe is a key to deciphering the time and location of an event. Or perhaps it indicates when a location will become obvious, ala Raiders of the Lost Ark with that staff and the sunlight.

Unfortunately I am at work and do not have time to flesh this thought out. Perhaps another could take the idea and run with it? When I get home I will ponder on this further.

EDIT: In other words, what Gypsy12 said. Dammit I didn't see your post bud.

Last edited:
I'm no native english speaker, so make out of it what makes most sense :)

Nothing against your use of the language, just thinking aloud that maybe you're right about having to turn the key once it is in the right spot to move the tumblers and pop the lock. Now we are back to the mystery of where exactly​ the key goes..

I think I can say that there is something up with the Merope system. I have spent a lot of time there...I now firmly believe that Merope 2c is actually some kind of orientation device... As it has a perfectly circular orbit and perfect 24 hour orbit period.
I'm thinking that some kind of timings are hidden in the spectrograph, and Merope 2c is our direct way of translating them into vectors...
Well what might we do to at least begin work on this theory? It's interesting that you wonder about timings. I've already wondered aloud (to a chorus of deafening silence) that the glyph is more a 'clock' than a map.

Pointless Experiment Fails but was fundamentally flawed:

Thought it dull but necessary to travel in Eco Mode from Merope to Varati, stopping to look at USS for 10 mins, hoping to find a Wild UP
Lots of dull later, I realized I had passed though the UA Shell and not spotted a UA. So whats the chance of findind a UP if I cant even find a UA ? Naff All

Off to Elephant once I can shake off the dull

Well, at least you found out something.

Speaking of keys and locks I also tried overlaying the symbol/diagram over the symbol on the barnacle in photoshop. although certain things lined up if you turned it around nothing jumped out at me in particular in any meaningful way. Maybe someone else might have more success.

Last edited:
Further work on the Murdock Meridian.
It appears that Merope 5c's Tidal Locking has a slight wobble.

Right now Merope 5 is directly overhead at 3.31, -117.44
The overhead point is proceeding towards 15.78 latitude as expected but has veered slightly from the -116.85 longitude recorded last time (about 45 hrs ago).

Due to the longitude variation and for the sake of simplicity I'll redefine the Murdock Meridian as -117 degrees longitude.

Anyway, well done FD. I've had my doubts about the accuracy of the orbital modelling but this is spot on. The behaviour does actually match up with the stated information.

Not even the moons around Merope 5?
Maybe it's playing with the angles in the transmission.
Also every 66 days the three moons have the same position to each other, calculated from the orbital periods (1.1d, 1d, 6.6d). Idk if that leads us somewhere.

If those planets line up perfectly the exact time 2.3 arrives, I'll be mad.. Lol

We need mathemathics-man again.

I mark difference between degrees for hope that someone find link to celestial data.

ltPy17p.png

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

For example axial tilt on my picture equal to Merope 2A - ~30'

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Not even the moons around Merope 5?
Maybe it's playing with the angles in the transmission.
Also every 66 days the three moons have the same position to each other, calculated from the orbital periods (1.1d, 1d, 6.6d). Idk if that leads us somewhere.

5c orbits at 90 degrees compared to the other 2. That means there's only 2 single points in the whole of 5c's orbit where it's possible for all 3 to align :D

It almost reminds me of the lockpicking minigame in Skyrim/Fallout 4. Where you have to position the pick in the correct position on a dial in order to turn the lock.

With the space between the two lines protruding outwards being the sweet spot and the radial line being the pick.

Last edited:
What is with the Merope orrery? Last I looked there were only two planets...What's the link again?

Ta.

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
We need mathemathics-man again.

I mark difference between degrees for hope that someone find link to celestial data.

If I'm honest I don't really understand what you're trying to do :p but I do feel it's worth asking why you've ignored the bottom blue line? Also it would be 71 not 70, and the line that comes out of the central object that makes up your green line, doesn't actually intersect the centre of the sphere.

That sounds like I'm just jumping on you, I'm not honestly and am happy to be proved wrong :D

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom