UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
We love the different directions that people take it, and how you tackle puzzles is factored in, but isn't necessarily the driving force for new mysteries.

Michael

Thanks, would it be correct to say that the current problem can be solved by players with any version of the game?

Hey all, I was listening to Commaner Josh Hawkins brocast the other night and he mentioned the 4 corner symbols as being translated from morse code to R,U,W,D. Nothing new i know but i decided to google the 4 letters different ways and on the first search attempt of RUWD (in that order) the first result was from a bible study tools website which states the definition of the word Ruwd as: to wander restlessly, roam. Well its probably coincidence and there are a total of 24 ways to arrange those 4 letters and google search them but i figured i would chime in with that info. Keep up the good work!

Just Googled & this meaning of RUWD ( verb, to rood) is confirmed. Good science checking your information -Repped! May or may not be relevant!

since our lord and bully MB is lurking. Could you confirm what Kerrash(or whatever his name is) said about crashed alien ships being findable and in the game since 2.1 ?
also a nice hint or some interesting information that would at least sort out most of the false leads would be nice...in a PM since some people don't like hints to difficult(which i assume is an easy riddle but it's riddled with overthinking) puzzles

pretty please

Stop asking for help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a classic case of needing a system what do we know for certain! and start building from there i have my own therios but right now we havnt got anything solid.

Lets make a list and stick it somewhere we can all access it

1 UP when scanned gives of a pulse and disabled the scanning ship temporarily
2 inside that audio pulse there is a map /image/ symbol
3 ? what do we know for sure ?

id like to add 3 its all in the image right there for us to solve stop any other arbitrary theories right now stick to whats in front of us!

And 4 central image is a planet. that is the astronomy symbol for planet a cross with a circle round it. i understand this is also a theory.

Do we agree to start setting out what we know? other wise we really will get nowhere fast.

Yes, a few have come close, but a lot of the assumptions being made aren't the right direction.

Michael

So perhaps we should revisit the theories and challenge the assumptions. From the top of my head we have the following theories:

- The spectogram is the ships HUD
- The spectogram is another ships HUD
- The circle is a planet and the lines show co-ordinates
- The circle is a system and the lines point to planets
- The symbols are a code (e.g. binary)

I'm sure there are more but these are the most prominent i can think of.

So if we have the right theory somewhere but an assumption is off perhaps we should be challenging like this:

- The spectogram is the ships HUD? - Which part of the HUD? Where is our starting point if that is the hud?
- The spectogram is another ships HUD - Where is our starting point if that is the hud?
- The circle is a planet and the lines show co-ordinates - Which planet? it's assumed 5c but perhaps not
- The circle is a system and the lines point to planets - which system?
- The symbols are a code (e.g. binary) - Symbol interpretation is this correct?

The theories I've personally run through are:

The UA morse changes near a UP telling us where to go (Thanks Riz for the answer to that one)
The UA's are searching systems for a planet and the Probes are searching planets for a ship. My thinking being that UA's have started spawning less frequently and could potentially be spawning only near landable planets. - disproved by finding a UA in a system with no planets.

Perhaps we could start a list of theories that have not had a definite conclusion yet and re consider the assumptions we made to get there.

Also Michael if you are reading this I think big congratulations are in order for you and the team this mystery is incredible that so many people can't crack it.

A game where when someone discovers something in the story line is reported by the BBC gotta be a proud moment for you guys!

I think the answer is a crater on Merope 5c. The circle is the crater. Crater has a fissure/feature running from edge to centre (the red line), a ridge/mountain range running around one of it's quadrants, and two distinct geological features on the planets surface close by (other two red lines). It is located where you can look up and see Merope 5 (the two rings symbol). Perhaps located at 23, 41.

Stop asking for help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a classic case of needing a system what do we know for certain! and start building from there i have my own therios but right now we havnt got anything solid.

Lets make a list and stick it somewhere we can all access it

1 UP when scanned gives of a pulse and disabled the scanning ship temporarily
2 inside that audio pulse there is a map /image/ symbol
3 ? what do we know for sure ?

id like to add 3 its all in the image right there for us to solve stop any other arbitrary theories right now stick to whats in front of us!

And 4 central image is a planet. that is the astronomy symbol for planet a cross with a circle round it. i understand this is also a theory.

Do we agree to start setting out what we know? other wise we really will get nowhere fast.

thats the trouble we have no clue way too many theories with co direction hence why we are still here a wk later!!!

thats the trouble we have no clue way too many theories with co direction hence why we are still here a wk later!!!

Yes. A week later. A single week. This story arc is measurable in years now. Literally one year ago I was trying to prove the presence of morse in the UA signal (I remember because I was overseas at the time and Facebook is incessantly showing me memories of it).

If we get help, it should be *in game*. Nothing else.

As T Tauri was mentioned this morning. I have been there a few days ago and scoured the canyons of the three landable planets for some hours (I am still looking for barnacles). No result. Just standard wreck POIs with cargo and/or data points.

So based on MB's statement that "a lot" of theories are in the wrong direction I guess that means we can totally abandon the whole "it is a planet and some sort of coordinates are in there" theory out since that seems to be 95% of what these theories people have appear to be.

Yay.

I personally think it is the UA shell or just pictogram of merope. I don't think pi is a coincidence and we should pay more attetion to the radius and quarter circumference in the picture.

alien.jpg

I am going by the assumption that the ..| stuff is so we can orientate it correctly to give the correct information.

Yes. A week later. A single week. This story arc is measurable in years now. Literally one year ago I was trying to prove the presence of morse in the UA signal (I remember because I was overseas at the time and Facebook is incessantly showing me memories of it).

If we get help, it should be *in game*. Nothing else.

Totally agree. Taking shortcuts by pressing hints out of FD makes the whole thing pointless - might as well just do nothing and wait for the solution to be presented then.

It's called the front page. Check it out.

yes i know the front page iv been here from the beginning. im talking about correlating dater on the fly in this fast moving thread to try and stop people who might be on the right track moving in the right direction from being squashed by a load of theory that is not relevant.

regards

As T Tauri was mentioned this morning. I have been there a few days ago and scoured the canyons of the three landable planets for some hours (I am still looking for barnacles). No result. Just standard wreck POIs with cargo and/or data points.

Bin there as well couple of days back.. No result..

Though i do have another theory, the image that the up gave is, could it be a Rebus of some kind? Images that is trying to tell us a name.. And i don't mean a planet name, i mean a system name.

I came across a named system in the impossible to navigate Orion Nebula what got me thinking. It's a weird system with lots of planetfall planets, also planetfall planets with rings. The system name is Amo. I find it strange there is a named system so far away form the bubble.

Im terrible with Rebusses, so i am just throwing this in here..

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom