Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Question: do the data obelisks "respawn"? I've scanned one and didn't get any data because my flash drive was at 500\500 :)

Refreshing the instance should reset things. I have never gained any data from the pillars. However, the glowing, triangular data obelisks do indeed give data and reset when changing instances.

Congrat's to everyone on the nightshift - just catching up on the news with my morning coffee.

I have to say, looking at those images of the site, the name of this new thread was almost prescient.

Has anyone called Tony Robinson yet?

Last edited:
Refreshing the instance should reset things. I have never gained any data from the pillars. However, the glowing, triangular data obelisks do indeed give data and reset when changing instances.

The open / solo loot reset should enable a fairly quick collection of all 5 ancient items and enable testing at black markets all over the galaxy, the same selling as UA and UP, and generall supply of illegal goods. Research should be conducted, im sure cannon will advise to sell at their HQ system which would be cool to to see if any en masse effects like unknown thigns before

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Congrat's to everyone on the nightshift - just catching up on the news with my morning coffee.

I have to say, looking at those imnages of the site, the name of this new thread was almost prescient.

Has anyone called Tony Robinson yet?

Tony Robinsom NPC spotted nearby

The open / solo loot reset should enable a fairly quick collection of all 5 ancient items and enable testing at black markets all over the galaxy, the same selling as UA and UP, and generall supply of illegal goods. Research should be conducted, im sure cannon will advise to sell at their HQ system which would be cool to to see if any en masse effects like unknown thigns before

Tony Robinsom NPC spotted nearby

They are legal salvage and u only need to logg in and out of solo no need to change mode to reset them at this time. This allso works on the Ancient data nodes.

Last edited:
A nice vid showing off the various goodies. Apologies if it has already been posted.

Given what has happened it's hard to keep up... :p

[video=youtube;gVxrsyHBHM4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVxrsyHBHM4[/video]

Regor sector Requires Unknown Permit. Vela sector is open.

So the Regor sector has the same type of unknown permit that col 70 sector has, it sounds like vela sector is the next stop then, i wonder if access to the unknown permits for col 70 sector fall within a yet to be introduced mechanism which requires commanders to visiting known anicent ruin sites to gather perhaps data scans, which in turn could be turned into something or someone to get permit access ( just one random theory) but could be a fun mechanism for Fdev to looksie at

Yeah, I meant these. Thanks :)

(Hopefully FD wont launch a CG to collect this data. Please no more stupid meta-alloys-type relogfest CGs!!!)

The open / solo loot reset should enable a fairly quick collection of all 5 ancient items and enable testing at black markets all over the galaxy

They can be sold on any commodity market as legal salvage, no black market required.

I'm hanging onto mine though.

The four towers/pillars that rise from the ground contain the Ancient Relics, you need to shoot them out to collect them.

So, i got a quick look at the place before the servers dropped.. very impressive. My first thought as I got to the top of the bank was of how much it looks like the Avebury stone circle and the kennet avenue. I guess it's bringing out the hippy in me. :)

617BBB442E6E89F4D3E8B6270AEA0370528E735E
06_zps17107e38.jpg

So, i got a quick look at the place before the servers dropped.. very impressive. My first thought as I got to the top of the bank was of how much it looks like the Avebury stone circle and the kennet avenue. I guess it's bringing out the hippy in me. :)

Try google the nasca Lines , they are pretty simular as well.

Can't say I'm not disappointed to be honest... it looks hand crafted, I'm guessing this site is a one off. (Please FD say that there's more out there)

I had dreams of taking my geared up ExplorConda out into the black to try and find some alien ruins & do some RP archeology, but it looks like they've been found and it looks like they're all in the same place.

I'm at a bit of a loss now, so what is there out there for a keen explorer to find?

Im expecting the next step to either be a new engineer or a recpie for a new type of engine or a scanner for the Next step in this long tale.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom