Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Seeing all the structures that are lying beneath the surface, it reminds me of the Gizeh plateau.
giza%20plateau1.jpg

FD have referred to Alien Archaeology though. Hang on, let me find it...

Of course that doesn't mean this site is alien, but if this stuff isn't alien then there's still some alien archaeology left to find ;)

It is Alien to the Humans of the Human Bubble circa 3300, as it just means "Belonging to, characteristic of, or constituting another and very different place, society, or person"

Just many of the societies' customs and practices in ED are fairly Alien to Western Life in the year 2016

Last edited:
Sacra Oculus is delighted with confirmation of the Creator and the abandoned base at Synuefe XR-H D11-102 Planet 1b Coords: -128 -31 confirms our reading of the Lore showing the eastern invasion route taken and the location for the next find. We would advise those exploring that we consider the location to be Sacred and would also like explorers to note that the abandoned base is located close to our Headquarters that we occupied in 3155. You may find our Headquarters at Daniel's Folly, Synuefe BT-F d12-54.

So far......

An 'installation' lies abandonded and undisturbed for an unknown amount of time, probably very large.

Something mechanical passes by (SRV)...... An enormous beacon/antennae activates and emerges from its hiding place.
Various artfacts are found bearing, in some cases, resemblance to images found elsewhere at the site.
Interaction with some objects activate other objects.

I find it quite interesting that the ancient artefact, levitates and rotates inside the rising tower. Some high tech stuff at work here.

The scan data will be demanded by engineers for upgrades. I guess Palin's Meta-Armour is first in line here?

Quent is of course a suspect for prototype Meta-Drives, with his Sirius connection.

Of course that doesn't mean this site is alien, but if this stuff isn't alien then there's still some alien archaeology left to find ;)

The word "alien" doesn´t exclude unknown human lifeforms. Iirc the latin word alienus translates to "strange, exotic, unknown". So Zac could have been referring to that.

The site doesn´t look very non human to me - too much rows and columns. :)

FD have referred to Alien Archaeology though. Hang on, let me find it...

Thanks for digging that out. It does give some pause for thought but on the other hand, sometimes the wording used by FD is carefully chosen. Sometimes perhaps not so much? It is conceivable that the phrase "alien archaeology" was written without perhaps the due care and attention it deserved. Or perhaps it's me who underestimates FD. Perhaps their wording is always very carefully chosen?

It is Alien to the Humans of the Human Bubble circa 3300, as it just means "Belonging to, characteristic of, or constituting another and very different place, society, or person"

Just many of the societies' customs and practices in ED are fairly Alien to Western Life in the year 2016

Or this.

Last edited:
When I look at the overall structure I think of LOGIC GATES and some form of circuit.

The hexagonal structures make me think of MOLLECULES and how they are represented in science

The word "alien" doesn´t exclude unknown human lifeforms. Iirc the latin word alienus translates to "strange, exotic, unknown". So Zac could have been referring to that.

The site doesn´t look very non human to me - too much rows and columns. :)

I would say it's to old to be human. Unless it's some kind of Atlantians that left earth thousands of years ago.

I'm pretty sure it's not generation ship humans, at least.

Jezzz ! Barley left dry dock n found already !! Well done XDeth, PM me if you would like a set of Canonn Tin Foil stickers :)
-
Any ideas on if this is the ONLY site ? or more to discover for us poor saps that are just a bit too slow ! (Mr Braben please:)

Sooo, I take a break until 2.2 launches, come back less than 48 hours in and the first big discoveries are done already!

That said, has anyone considered the five listening posts that the Feds built recently? Five new items found, similar naming practices (beta, delta, gamma etc) no match for the Alpha data though, that outpost would be Zeta as it's the only one without a direct counterpart.

Maybe i'm shoehorning the data to fit the facts a bit, wouldn't be the first time :)

I'm going with lost humans that found some alien technology and created hybrids, and perhaps the thargoid scouts found something but for whatever reason may be taking a backseat. But apart from palin, salome and a few other tidbits we still dont ahve the full unfolding story just yet

Humans can become unhuman and alien all on their own, without needing any external influence via deliberate changes to their physique and mind, through machines and genetics.

Given the disgust which this is likely to cause in other humans [cf: The clone planet in Dark Wheel], it makes good sense to do it a long way away, and build your uber-mensch society in secret.

Just FYI, I'm working on getting a vid for proof, but.

I'm next to the ruins (xenohenge). I have an Ancient Urn and Ancient Totem in my hold (SRV).
When I scan one of the Active Ancient Obelisks, it scans me back

It is within range of a Generation Ship from Sol

Yes, but then the objects found there should have been relatively new. If a gen ship left Sol in about 2200 it should use about a thousand years to go 400ly. That would give them a hundred years to make this technology, abandon it and have it seem ancient. The design does not look human 2200 either. :D

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom