Help me find all the Government Descriptions

@Sitoutumaton

Our evidence so far points to Prison Colonies falling into your Autocrat group. They have elections with Patronage and Feudal.

That is unexpected... I've had Empire Patronage vs Independent Democracy cause War before and I can see one now in Faust 68.

War or Civil War? Former occurs following an expansion to my knowledge, or generally between native and non-native faction. Not 100% on it always occurring, I witnessed native and non-native in an election on Saturday but it was still within same pool.

@Sitoutumaton

Our evidence so far points to Prison Colonies falling into your Autocrat group. They have elections with Patronage and Feudal.

Gotcha. I'll note it down and keep an eye out for further interactions to solidify their stances.

War or Civil War? Former occurs following an expansion to my knowledge, or generally between native and non-native faction. Not 100% on it always occurring, I witnessed native and non-native in an election on Saturday but it was still within same pool.

War. War happens instead of Civil War when one or more of the factions isn't native but there is no Election equivalent. If the faction types will cause an Election then that is what you get whether they are native or not. There is an Election between a native Dictatorship and foriegn Feudal in Callung at the moment.

I'm issuing a request to observe and provoke conflicts with Theocracies and Prison Colonies.

I have observed theocracy and democracy in an election today in HIP 64714. I am beginning to think maybe they belong in Democrats pool instead of Autocrats, but in lack of observed interactions I cannot make a definite supposition.

In addition, Gemai has observed that Player Minor Factions can exhibit unexpected interactions with groups they should go into war with (democracy v patronage in elections). This sounds like a bug, so more observations between NPC and PMF is also worthwhile.

EDIT: After this I spotted a PMF theocracy electing with dictators in Zende.

EDIT 2: I had a talk with Light Fingers from Sacra Oculus, the PMF theocracy in Zende. They've managed to both elect and wage war with same type of faction. Full table of their interactions with competing factions based on Light Fingers' testimony:

Election with Imperial Corporation, Imperial Dictatorship, Imperial Patronage.
(Civil) War with Independent Corporation, Independent Dictatorship, Imperial Corporation.

Last edited:
Greetings Ladies, Gentlemen, Commanders All.

As you may or may not know, in the status screen on the right hand panel you can read a blurb about the various system governments.
It seems that each combination of Government type and Faction Allegiance has its own little blurb.

For example Alliance Communist Factions vs independent Communist Factions

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w346/Vasious27/Communist Example.jpg

Some have difference Sub titles as well such as Patronage is know as Lobbyist in the Alliance, other times they all share the same sub title but have different descriptions

So if you can help just either post here

Anarchy
Independent
Unfettered:
This Group is known to have a distain for any laws outside its own attempts to govern its members behavior​
Federation
Rebel:
A Faction that engages in activity that quite often places them at odds with members of the Federation Law Enforcement agencies​
Alliance
Freemen:
A Group that refuses to recognize the legal construct as defined by the Alliance of Independent systems.
Often, but not always, these groups act as a front for some organised criminal syndicate​
Empire
Rebel
An organisation that is actively engaged in activity that goes against the Imperial status quo. Members openly defy Imperial law, although not all known associates are involved in criminal activity​

Democracy
Independent
Democrat:
A faction that is known for actively following the ideal that all members should be able to influence how their organisation operates​
Federation
Political:
Members of this group are actively engaged in the promotion of a democratically approved political agenda.​
Alliance
Democrat:
A faction that is known for actively following the ideal that all members should be able to influence how their organisation operates​
Empire

As staunch believers in representative democracy, this faction often finds itself at odds with the more traditional imperial factions. Despite frequent clashes with members of the old guard, this group continues to try and implement various systems for devolving social responsibility to duly appointed members of the community without going against the established status quo.​

Corporate
Independent
Corporation:
An independent business organisation that has been incorporated with its respective home government​
Federation
Corporation:
A business orientated organisation that has been incorporated as per the Federation Charter of Free Commerce. Members of this faction are representative of a corporate entity and are seen as such in the eyes of the law.​
Alliance
Corporation:
An Interstellar business Organisation that has been incorporated in accordance with the terms laid out by the Alliance of Independent systems.​
Empire
Corporation
An organisation that has been granted the rights of an Imperial Corporation. They are likely to have business interests that extend beyond a single station or planet.​

Communism
Independent
Communist:
A Faction that believes that all assets should be communally owned, and that resources should be fairly divided among all members by judging each individual's true needs​
Federation

Alliance
Communist:
A group that promotes the idea that all members are created equal, even though clearly some members are more equal than others.​
Empire

Feudal
Independent
Fedualist
A faction that has built up a significant sphere of influence in the sector though a series of investments and acquisitions. As such they are able to use their portfolio of assets as leverage against local leaders​
Federation

Alliance
Fedualist:
A group that leverages land based assets and corporate investments to exert its control over the systems that fall within their reach.
Empire
Neo-Fedualist:
A faction that actively engages in activity to ensure that Imperial Corporations are ceded more control over the day to day running of Imperial Worlds

Dictatorship
Independent
Dictator
An organisation that engages in Authoritarian activities in order to establish and maintain absolute control over its chosen field of interest.
Federation

Alliance
Authoritarian:
A Faction that uses a top-Down management style in order to maintain a tight hold over its assets.
Empire
Dictator
A Faction that has been granted absolute power over a specific area of influence by decree of the Imperial Senate

Theocracy
Independent
Theocrat
An Independent group that claims to be religious in nature. It is possible that this group may not be an officially sanctioned religion
Federation
Theocrat
A faction that has been recognized as a Religious Organisation under Federation Law
Alliance
Theocrat:
An Organisation that has been recognized as an official religion by the Alliance of Independent Systems
Empire
:

Cooperative
Independent
Broker
An organisation that specializes in promoting synergy between disparate groups in order to incubate social and commercial growth.
Federation

Alliance
Broker:
A faction that actively engages in alliances with a wide variety of other organisations in order to incubate and influence local enterprise.
Empire
Cooperative
A Faction which works to the common goals of its members. They are considered unusual in Empire space, but not unknown.

Patronage
Independent:
Investor
A group that invests significant resources into Independent projects in order to incubate the growth of civilisation in the supposedly untamed areas of space.
Federation

Alliance
Lobbyist:
A group that is known for leveraging its economic resources in order to influence the actions of others
Empire
Patronage:
A group that is actively engaged in the governance of Imperial Cliens. Representatives of this group should be treated with the respect that befits the rank of the organisations master

Confederacy
Independent
Unionist
An organisation that engages in activities that are designed to strengthen ties with other independent groups in order to maintain a certain level of independence from the three Great Powers
Federation
Venutrist
A Faction that, in conjunction with a number of similarly aligned organisations, promotes their agenda by manipulating the application of capital being channeled in to local business and social ventures.
Alliance
Unionist
An organisation that engages in activities designed to strengthen ties with other independent groups in order to increase the influence of the Alliance of Independent Systems.
Empire

Prison Colony
Independent
Watchmen
An organisation that has been formed to maintain control over a specific independent penal colony. Often such groups have sponsors that are decidedly not independent in nature.
Federation

Alliance
Watchmen
An organisation that has been formed to maintain control over a specific independent penal colony. Often such groups have sponsors that are decidedly not independent in nature.
Empire
Warden:
An organisation that has been commissioned to ensure that the Emperor's Justice is meted out at an officially sanctioned Imperial Penal Colony

Unique

Senator Zemina Torval
Citizens Forum, Patronage, LTT 9810
Empire Pact, Patronage, Quile
Patron's Principles, Tau-2 Gruis A
Patron's Principles, Patronage, Naunei
Patron's Principles, Patronage, Tepertsi
Members of Senator Torval's Coterie, this group has managed to become extremely wealthy and extensively influential, despite being reviled by many of their peers.​
Empire League, Patronage, Fotla
Imperial Society, Patronage, Sorbago
This Group has recently begun to openly support Senator Torval in her bid to loosen the laws regarding slave labour. They stand to see considerable gain should the Senator succeed in her bid to allow slavers to seek further afield for stock.​
Imperial Society, Patronage, Synteini
Imperial Society, Patronage, Luluwala
Considered among Senator Toval's most loyal servants, this faction has developed a reputation for working hard and playing even harder. Despite rumours of excessive Hedonistic behavior among the organisations membership this group is wearily respected by the citizens that live in the Senators home system.​
Bodb Dearg Order, Dictatorship, Bodb Dearg
Citizens' Forum, Patronage, Cegreeth
Empire Party, Patronage, Ongkuma
This faction has benefited greatly from its association with Senator Torval; whose contract have supplied the faction with a steady supply of skilled slaves to aid them in their endeavors.​

His Imperial Majesty; The Emperor of Achenar
The Emperor's Will, Patronage(Imperial Loyalist), Beta-1 Tucanae
The Emperor's Will, Patronage(Imperial Loyalist), Eotienses
This group has a history of supporting the imperial family regardless of whatever stance the current ruler is ordaining at any given point in time​

United Condovichs Freedom Party. Dictatorship(Imperial Hedonist), Condovichs (Independent system)
Emperor's Grace. Patronage, Negrito (Independent System)
It is commonly known throughout the system, that this group’s rise to power has almost entirely been built of the backs of slaves. Large shipments of which have started to be imported from imperial space in increasing numbers​

Her Imperial Highness; Aisling Duval
Empire Party, Patronage (Imperial Courtier), Cemiess
This Faction operates as an extension of the Imperial Princess' will. Their number have been recently begun being bolstered by liberated slaves who have chosen to become the Princess' servants in order to repay her from freeing them from bondage​
Patron's Principles. Imperial Humanist (Empire, Patronage) Ngun
Patron's Principles. Imperial Humanist (Empire, Patronage), Eta Horologii
Empire Group. Imperial Humanist (Empire, Patronage), Kuyu
As members of Aisling Duval's de factor court, this group have been openly showing their support for Aisling's movement by buying large numbers of Imperial Slaves and gifting them to the Princess to do with as she sees fit.

League of LTT911. Independent Dictatorship. LTT 911
Official Sanna League Independent Dictatorship. Sanna
Dulos Defence Party. Independent Dictatorship. Dulos
This group has recently begun openly expressing its dissatisfaction with Federal Policy Decisions.
Rumours abound amongst the local populace about a potential split from the Federation. A rumour backed by the fact that an ever increasing amount of armaments and ships are working their way through the systems ports

Senator Denton Patreus
Empire Group. Neo-Nationalist Dictatorship (Independent, Dictatorship). Themiscrya
Known for aggressively promoting an agenda of strength through unity, this faction exerts rigid control over anyone unfortunate enough to fall under their care. Despite the occasional uprising, this group has managed to maintain control of the system due to their working relationship with the Imperial Senator Denton Patreus.
Citizens of Tradition. Patronage. Durius
As members of Senator Patreus' Coterie, this faction can attribute much of its success to the senator's direct guidance.
Imperial Society. Patronage. Jurokkju
Imperial Society. Patronage. , Tai Shenef
Empire League. Patronage. Duduseklis
This faction has benefited greatly from its association with Senator Patreus, whose continued patronage offers many opportunities for expanding their influence well beyond the borders of this sector.
Jera Nationalist. Independent Dictatorship. Jera
Durius Dominion. Independent Feudal. Durius
This organisation has seen its operations swell significantly after a recent spate of hirings. Financial records indicate that much of their new found success can be attributed to orders placed by businesses owned by Denton Patreus.
Citizens' Forum. Patronage. Eotienses
Under the direct employ of Senator Dentor Patreus, this faction acts as an extension of Patreus' will, ensuring that everything runs like clockwork in the senator's home system.

Thank you for this!

I saw mroe dodgy behaviour with more player minor factions. Definitely worth a bug report that I've left now.

Cheers for all you efforts Sitoutumaton

Good to catch the Player factions that are invalid combinations so they can be restored to a working combination with a functioning jurisdiction

After collating my observed results into a table, I've come up with https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13vvO8NUvk_x9wWzeSgfWmZ93YVCCN7BOd7yMawu9tP4/edit?usp=sharing

I have no observations on these following interactions. If you spot them in a civil war or election, please screenshot the system view and put it here. Alternatively, if you have time on your hands, push said factions into conflict state.

Anarchy v Prison Colony

Communism v Communism - elections
Communism v Confederacy - elections
Communism v Cooperative
Communism v Dictatorship
Communism v Prison Colony
Communism v Theocracy (more observations needed! HIP 54681 hosts suitable pair)

Confederacy v Cooperative - elections
Confederacy v Dictatorship -war
Confederacy v Patronage
Confederacy v Prison Colony
Confederacy v Theocracy - elections

Cooperative v Feudal
Cooperative v Patronage
Cooperative v Prison Colony
Cooperative v Theocracy

Corporation v Prison Colony

Democracy v Prison Colony
Democracy v Theocracy

Dictatorship v Prison Colony
Dictatorship v Theocracy - war

Feudal v Feudal - elections
Feudal v Patronage
Feudal v Theocracy

Patronage v Prison Colony
Patronage v Theocracy

Theocracy v Theocracy

Last edited:
Frontier should add a mention of Libertarian in the government descriptions. Cooperative, Confederacy, Anarchy and Democracy could have libertarian governments.

Last edited:
Communism v Dictatorship WAR

11v39zm.jpg

90qd1i.jpg

Photographic evidence from CMDR Ishi-Limina (thanks!) indicates NPC Theocracy goes to war with NPC Dictatorship.

http://imgur.com/a/XQF7O

It looks like the faithful are part of democrats pool, based on current data points! But the search goes on in pursuit of data and surprises.

Last edited:
In general, these conflicts with happen:
Same/Similar government > Election
Different government, local faction > Civil war
Different government, foregin faction > War

An election has been registered in Cephei Sector DL-Y C16 system between independent theocracy Ache Puritans and federal confederacy League of Goplatrugba today. Another data point in favor of Theocracy in the democrats pool.

LTdUByf.jpg

Thanks to CMDR Schteve for spotting this. I am being told Imen Coordinated is a cooperative, so we have a prison colony vs co-op in a pending war.

That with the elections between prison colony and patronages and feudals tells me they are definitely now part of Autocrats pool.

There aren't. They're two too different types of societies to mesh together. Only democratically ruled government in Imperial system are the cooperatives and Quivira's unique democracy, and they're doomed to fight all the other imperial governments to perpetuity.

There aren't. They're two too different types of societies to mesh together. Only democratically ruled government in Imperial system are the cooperatives and Quivira's unique democracy, and they're doomed to fight all the other imperial governments to perpetuity.

Alas even Imperial Cooperatives were changed to Imperial Patronages as it was decided they were a bug

Have not checked 2.3 Beta

I have found an Imperial Patronage vs an Independent Dictatorship conflict that is an ELECTION. Shouldn't that be a War? I am really confused now.
(AFLI: APP vs SJC - pending Elections)

I have found an Imperial Patronage vs an Independent Dictatorship conflict that is an ELECTION. Shouldn't that be a War? I am really confused now.
(AFLI: APP vs SJC - pending Elections)

That should be an Election. Has been for every Dictatorship I've toppled with a Patronage.

Top Bottom