News Frontier’s Festive Fun and Charity Livestreams!

Well that was a great deal of fun. Sadly work tomorrow prevents me staying up and joining. I'll do my best to catch up on the bits I missed though. Good luck Ed, £60,000 by the end do we think?

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
A huge congratulations and thank you to Ed, Bo, Zac, Dale and the rest of the Frontier Developments team for another fantastic livestream! And a big thank you to everyone who donated, you really will help make a huge difference to a lot of people!

What an amazing stream it was. Best one ever. Again showing what great Devs Frontier really are even if we do let a couple of bugs and stuff annoy us from time to time. They are clearly a great bunch of people that are very much in touch with their customers.
This charity was a great cause and I was more than happy to be able to contribute to it. The video was an emotional ride but really brought it home as to what the charity is all about.

£46.6k is awesome and I hope it keeps on going still. Reaching 50k would be special.

Well done to everyone involved.

I made a couple of donations (one before the stream, a smaller one during it) so I have two codes for the paintjob. If anyone donated, but less than the £6 threshold, PM me and I'll send you one of the codes. Maybe send a screenshot of the JustGiving homepage which lists your donations, so I'll know you've donated?

I assume it's ok to pass on a code?

That was a brilliant livestream. Very enjoyable. :)

I received the thank-you email about the event this afternoon (two in fact, each received at the same time, presumably one for each of my two £6+ donations) from Zac in my inbox, including the info about the unique code and the details on how to redeem it for the free paintjob and decal...

... Only problem is: neither email actually had a code on them.

Trying to catch up on the hours I missed and realised that a lot has been cut off (I think the end). All rough values:

Video 1 is 7hrs 24min - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS33cyq6Z_A
And covers from 12 noon to 7:30pm (Pc restart to fix audio issues)

Video 2 is 11hrs 55min - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6U9HlTOauk
And covers from 7:30pm to 7:30am

Thats 19.5/24hrs meaning we are 4.5 hours short. All the prizes and the last bits with the last few guests and Baz etc. I suspect Youtube cut off after 12hrs (grr youtube) but Ed mentioned that FDev were separately recording things.

So my question to FDev - Is the rest coming soon when we finish a CG to bring Ed coffee to wake him up again (why is that not already thing?) - or is this lost into the ether. In which case that's a pretty major section gone for the 2nd year running :(

Great stream again though and impressive total! Really enjoyed the limited bits I could join, must remember to save some holiday dates next year so I don't have to work :p

Last edited:
Zac, I received two emails from you (your personal work email address) with a code, the first one was claimed to be not valid, the second one was accepted. However, I entered them in the opposite order (i.e. first email from the top, which is the chronologically second one), so maybe it just says the first key is not valid because I have already entered any valid key?

Edit: I have checked it in the game, it was indeed successfully activated. :)

Last edited:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but my codes/or any info relating to this has not been sent to my email address. is there any way I can claim this? (donated and everything, no sign of any code(s)).

Great news on reaching the amount you did, well done.

Last edited:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but my codes/or any info relating to this has not been sent to my email address. is there any way I can claim this?

I'll give a gentle heads up too. Donation sent on 16th, certainly doesn't appear to be an email in spambox or otherwise. Not a massive issue for me personally but flagging for Zac, as possible mopping up ..

Also bearing in mind, that it definitely takes something over 24 hours to recover, from a 24 hour wake! Especially as it hasn't even been 24 hours since it ended yet, either. All those who did it are probably still in their (elite dangerous) jim jams!?

Last edited:
Top Bottom