News Frontier’s Festive Fun and Charity Livestreams!

This criteria needs to be met

"I’m sending out this email because you donated to Just Giving page for our 2016 charity livestream above the value of 6£/€7/$7.5 and as such, you have received a free SpecialEffect Sidewinder paint job and SpecialEffect Decal. "

My email(s) had that exact content in it along with the other things, but it didn't have the code. Fortunately, a ticket later and I think it's all sorted out. I'll need to check once I get to a shipyard.

It would be useful to know how long we should wait before bothering support and/or Zac direct. Anyone from community engagement team, or even a friendly mod? Please :)

It would be useful to know how long we should wait before bothering support and/or Zac direct. Anyone from community engagement team, or even a friendly mod? Please :)

Not any way part of anything except a player but personally I'd either do it right away or wait until 3rd Jan. My reasoning is that by Friday the FDev offices will be pretty barren so I'd give them a chance to get back in the office or do it before. If waiting in the meantime I would gather the info (find your donation proof and get a screenshot etc) then as soon as they get back to the office they will get a support ticket ping that very same day so they can work it out early in the new year.

Not any way part of anything except a player but personally I'd either do it right away or wait until 3rd Jan. My reasoning is that by Friday the FDev offices will be pretty barren so I'd give them a chance to get back in the office or do it before. If waiting in the meantime I would gather the info (find your donation proof and get a screenshot etc) then as soon as they get back to the office they will get a support ticket ping that very same day so they can work it out early in the new year.
An Elite player, AB, and elite forum goer, don't do yourself down!

Good advice, I was thinking much the game myself, I just wondered exactly who to bother about it - Zac direct or support, since I don't know if support have all the info on donations etc and it's not directly a game issue.
Seems slightly odd that £46K only produced £6.75 in gift aid.
Well, got aid is only possible for UK tax payers, so maybe most customs we're from abroad. Still seems very odd though.

Good advice I'll post a ticket in the new year with my just giving details as proof. They are dated as well so it's very easy to track.

Last edited:
An Elite player, AB, and elite forum goer, don't do yourself down!

Good advice, I was thinking much the game myself, I just wondered exactly who to bother about it - Zac direct or support, since I don't know if support have all the info on donations etc and it's not directly a game issue.

Well, got aid is only possible for UK tax payers, so maybe most customs we're from abroad. Still seems very odd though.

I'd go to support. It's Zac's email that is sending them out but I imagine both his forum account and e-mail get swamped and it is an account matter so support ticket is the right way to go.

Yeah, usually there's a gift aid option somewhere, I wasn't able to find it (UK) and all 3 donations I made were fairly rapid fire so I didn't really think much about it...

Sorry to ask, but what's Zac's contact email please? I didn't receive my SpecialEffect paintjob either, or maybe I did and it got zapped by my spam filter.

I think the advice we have been given here is to wait until after Jan 03 17 and post a ticket to support with your JustGiving details and a screenshot of payment to them. Christmas leave and all is going to impact on responses etc from FD.

I've donated during the live stream. I'm still waiting for my skin, decal and the HCS pack. I donated 10 pounds. And Merry Christmas Commanders :) :)

I submitted a ticket yesterday with support including a screen shot confirmation of my donation and the fine folks at Frontier placed the paint job in my livery this morning. [big grin]

Top Bottom