News Colonia Expansion Initiative - Phase Two Complete

Hello everyone,

Phase Two of the Colonia Initiative is complete, and the results are in.

Here are the groups that will be granted a new home in Colonia, and the five runners up. This month will see the start of a new initiative, too... so it's never too late for those trying to gain a place. The factions will be added in the coming weeks - we'll have more information on exactly when as soon as possible in another forum post. Any progress made in the last month’s CG will carry over. This means if you want to contribute over time, or you came close in last month’s CG, your efforts won’t have been in vain.

The Colonia Council reminds those who are taking part to sign up at this website: https://www.elitedangerous.com/en/colonia-expansion-initiative/ as a small number of CMDRs had completed the journey without registering (these remaining Commanders did not change the results).

The numbers displayed are the total spread across the two phases so far.

Here are the top five factions for Phase Two (will be granted a faction in Colonia)

Privateer's Alliance - 36810
Ed's 38 - 25610
MOBIUS COLONIAL REPUBLIC NAVY - 18818
Aurora Colony - 11787
Smiling Dog Crew - 8023
Edge Fraternity - 6657

Here are the three runners up

Rock Research Ring - 3981
Knights of Colonial Karma - 3974
Likedeeler of Colonia - 3642

Thanks everyone for taking part. If you didn't make it this month, good luck for any future effort.

Last edited:
We have triple checked some numbers, and found that some deliveries were being counted for different groups. The results above are correct. Thanks for your patience. Sorry to anyone who has been inconvenienced, and we will be in touch with the groups that have been affected.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Woohoo, congratulations to Ed's 38 :D

I have a sense... of... déjà vu :p but thanks so much for checking and updating Ed.

Are you sure that SEPP should be on there though? I don't think they think they should be as they moved to a coalition last time.

Anyhow I asked earlier about how long do you think this is going to go on for? How many factions do FD plan to allow to move out to Colonia?

There's a couple of reasons I ask. First is because of space and the size of the new "bubble". Second is because of how little work is going to be required from next month onwards to get in. Dirk could have made 6th place on his own hauling (though he is crazy to be fair :D), I'm just wondering where the point is that it stops becoming about factions migrating because individuals or small groups of under 5 will be able to do it.

Last edited:
SEPP have been in touch and declined their position in Colonia, we have therefore moved the first runner up in to 5th place. Welcome, Edge Fraternity!

Woohoo, congratulations to Ed's 38 :D

I have a sense... of... déjà vu :p but thanks so much for checking and updating Ed.

Are you sure that SEPP should be on there though? I don't think they think they should be as they moved to a coalition last time.

Anyhow I asked earlier about how long do you think this is going to go on for? How many factions do FD plan to allow to move out to Colonia?

There's a couple of reasons I ask. First is because of space and the size of the new "bubble". Second is because of how little work is going to be required from next month onwards to get in. Dirk could have made 10th place on his own hauling (though he is crazy to be fair :D), I'm just wondering where the point is that it stops becoming about factions migrating because individuals or small groups of under 5 will be able to do it.

You are correct! SEPP declined to be included on this list.

This is an ongoing CG for now... I'll get you some exact information ASAP.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
This is an ongoing CG for now... I'll get you some exact information ASAP.

Ta very much.

It's nothing against Edge or the groups below them personally but Edge, for example, have done the equivalent of 11 runs over 2 months. Next month it will require even less work and then so on and so on.

Anything to keep the Feds and Imps out of Colonia though ;)

Last edited:
FROM COLONIA CITIZENS NETWORK
Congratulations to the top 5 factions of the Colonia Expansion Initiative -
Phase 2!

We would like to offer all factions, who have achieved expansion, the position of delegate on the network so they may communicate and conduct diplomacy discourse with all factions working together towards the benefit of the Greater Colonia Region and all colonists, grouped or independent.

Who We Are
We are a community that has representation from many different groups who can provide support and cooperation of player run colonial events. You can learn more about CCN here.
Primarily, we are a collection of individuals all coming together for one cause - to help create a colonial identity and give the colony initiative the community foundation it deserves. We are not a player group, but a network that has helped connect disparate colonists together and foster player-run events in the region ever since idealists started flying out there to create a new life away from the bubble.

The Delegate
Groups who have achieved expansion via the CEI are welcomed to request the Delegate role. You may request to assign your delegate by identifying yourself as a member of one of the top 10 factions of the Colonia Expansion Initiative to a Custodian on the Discord.

10 factions from Phase 1 have already identified themselves and have nominated their delegate. We are looking to get in contact with the remaining factions.
Factions who have not achieved expansion but are still interested in being active in Colonia may join and request the Ambassador role for their group.

On personal side note: I maintain a CEI faction list where budding factions can let folks know what they are about. If you're in the running for Phase 3, consider filling out a form.​

Last edited:
We have triple checked some numbers, and found that some deliveries were being counted for different groups. The results above are correct. Thanks for your patience. Sorry to anyone who has been inconvenienced, and we will be in touch with the groups that have been affected.

Thank you Ed, for all the hard work!! You guys are awesome!

Congrats to all of the groups! We are very excited!

- - - Updated - - -

FROM COLONIA CITIZENS NETWORK
Congratulations to the top 5 factions of the Colonia Expansion Initiative -
Phase 2!

We would like to offer all factions, who have achieved expansion, the position of delegate on the network so they may communicate and conduct diplomacy discourse with all factions working together towards the benefit of the Greater Colonia Region and all colonists, grouped or independent.

Who We Are
We are a community that has representation from many different groups who can provide support and cooperation of player run colonial events. You can learn more about CCN here.
Primarily, we are a collection of individuals all coming together for one cause - to help create a colonial identity and give the colony initiative the community foundation it deserves. We are not a player group, but a network that has helped connect disparate colonists together and foster player-run events in the region ever since idealists started flying out there to create a new life away from the bubble.

The Delegate
Groups who have achieved expansion via the CEI are welcomed to request the Delegate role. You may request to assign your delegate by identifying yourself as a member of one of the top 10 factions of the Colonia Expansion Initiative to a Custodian on the Discord.

[url]http://i.imgur.com/MrRoQMN.png[/URL]

10 factions from Phase 1 have already identified themselves and have nominated their delegate. We are looking to get in contact with the remaining factions.
Factions who have not achieved expansion but are still interested in being active in Colonia may join and request the Ambassador role for their group.

[url]http://i.imgur.com/kr6wnvC.png
[/URL]

On personal side note: I maintain a CEI faction list where budding factions can let folks know what they are about. If you're in the running for Phase 3, consider filling out a form.​

I am Community Manager for PA. I act as ambassador for PA. I will be contacting you shortly! Can't wait to work with you all.

Mobius did it! \o/
Thanks to every single ship who contributed over the two months! Maybe not always the biggliest and shiniest ships, but the maniest!

Top Bottom