Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
My findings so far (gotta do something else for a while) for the above maps;

C13=Ta+C=L8
C20=Ta+Ta=L9
C45=Ta+R=L14

E5=O+Ta=T11

G10=Ca+U=H10

J5=O+C=T9

Key example for last item is Map area "J", Obelisk 5, combo Orb+Casket, result Technology #9.

Hope it helps...

Thanks, meanwhile i've updated the maps. I found Tech9 at B5, so J5 is a duplicate (i noticed it in the map).

And G10 don't lit in SOLO, i think it's G7, because i found Hist10 at G7 ;)

Map-reference: http://imgur.com/a/vAU5W (same as you, my maps)

I was looking at the criteria for candidate planets / moons for the ruins. I was trying to convince myself that the ruins are on bodies that are part of a binary star system, with any other stars that might be present at much greater distance. Synuefe ZL-J d10-119 quashed that idea.

I noticed a post that referred to the "habitable zone". How was this derived? I went in-system and checked the distances from the ruin body to its parent star, which is not necessarily the primary star of the system. And made a plot of distance vs star temp.

JkEJk8O.jpg

Note that distance is on a log scale. I had assumed that target bodies would be at a similar distance from the parent star, but this does not appear to be the case.

I also plotted the locations of the known star systems as simple XY, XZ and YZ plots, to remove the camera distortion present when viewing the galaxy map in-game (these long winter nights certainly fly by):

3ypVs3g.jpg
Wgk4tmP.jpg
FO9WZQe.jpg

I have marked up some apparent clusters, with a spacing of about 200-220Ly

The blue lines indicate an apparent "cone" of systems. Which is odd, as I would have expected the expansion of a colony to become larger away from the source. It could all be garbage of course as it is based on so few data points.
These might be useful to those out in the black.

As for removing RAM to "enhance" the game, I did that once. My PC started talking to me and called me Dave. My name isn't Dave. I thought my mind was going. Here is a picture of me doing it:
l6HQ1VB.jpg

Commanders! The search is over! Indeed, it would have been over a couple hours ago, however, it has come to my attention that some independent explorers have withheld information about a site. So we did what was right! WE found the last layout! And we published it for everyone to see!

CMDR Robbie Junior and myself, CMDR Clanga, have found the elusive third layout.

8DBF931189525856EA9B4B011D8C870D32431C36

CD1 planet

Last edited:
Commanders! The search is over! Indeed, it would have been over a couple hours ago, however, it has come to my attention that some independent explorers have withheld information about a site. So we did what was right! WE found the last layout! And we published it for everyone to see!

CMDR Robbie Junior and myself, CMDR Clanga, have found the elusive third layout.

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...851/8DBF931189525856EA9B4B011D8C870D32431C36/

Beautiful, congrats!

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...851/8DBF931189525856EA9B4B011D8C870D32431C36/

Amazing find Commanders! On my way to the site. Just like in my dreams, a huge site, almost a small city. I miss the pyramids though.

Again, great find!

Last edited:

Congrats !

I love your maps but you're going to create confusion by reusing letters for clusters in different positions and renumbering existing clusters that haven't moved.

If it's a new cluster in a different position, use a new letter.
If it's an existing cluster in the same position, use the same letter and keep the existing numbering.
I will do my very best, but it's not easy to follow the megathread and do it right for all you're people.
It takes a lot of time drawing the map, it tooks a lot of time put all the infos in it, and it tooks a lot of time to update the maps if new infos become aviable.

And if an initial map is done by some CMDR without looking for what we have, using a total different naming and numbering, i've to decide what is the best for my maps, because during working on my maps a lot of people uses the initial map for new infos about changes, combos, etc ...

And i've a job, family, and there is less time for all of it ;)

So, please don't worry if there isn't all as you prefered in my maps ;)

Thanks

CD1 planet

Congratulations! Heading there now on Xbox.

Last edited:

CD1 planet
Holy moly that looks to be a big site

For those short of copy and paste:

SYNUEFE TP-F B44-0

Last edited:
The sites seem to keep getting bigger and bigger. I'm willing to bet the homeworld site is going to be massive. Also congrats! :)

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom