Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
You singing boys left something behind at Col 173 Sector KY-Q d5-47... ;)

http://i.imgur.com/oYAhP0i.jpg

Col 173 Sector KY-Q d5-47 9 A
Type Alpha/Elmo
Lat: -15.08
Long: -102.99

First planet I approached. Obvious pattern is obvious, does it need elaborating? Let me know if it does.

Based on that pattern, I believe there's more to be found there still. Will keep on looking.

Staawp!!!! - they are ticking in too fast for the regstration systems now! lol
Good find!

+1

Type Alpha/Elmo

First planet I approached. Obvious pattern is obvious, does it need elaborating? Let me know if it does.

Based on that pattern, I believe there's more to be found there still. Will keep on looking.

Is it an alternate layout?

As for the obvious, please share your superior wisdom ;)

Type Alpha/Elmo

Nice find! That planet also has space trees (found them on Friday).

Type Alpha/Elmo

So that's the first Alpha.3. Congratulations.

Also: Stop discovering so fast, we haven't even tracked the solo obelisk entries for the other sites! :D

Type Alpha/Elmo

Very good find sir very good indeed, if your staying there let us know as we don't want repeat work your doing.

madwax....

Last edited:

Uh, yeah it does need elaborating, I seem to be missing the cruical thing for where on planets to find them or at least a target area with sane chance - without watching the net traffic.

Thanks Ian, I really appreciate adding the comparison maps to the front page :)

It occurs to me that if the discoveries continue at this pace, then Frontier had better be ready when we reach the end-point of this part of the story.

It would be disappointing indeed if we were brick-walled until 2.3, or 2.4.

Riôt

Is it an alternate layout?

As for the obvious, please share your superior wisdom ;)

I believe (but of course I may be wrong) that the algorithm for choosing the planets first looks for a dwarf star in a system - it's either the heaviest one or the closest to the barycenter (or the main/first star) of the system - not enough samples yet to conclude - if it fails to find a satisfying planet (200-300 K, 1000 -2000 KM and the likes) around the dwarfs it goes down 'a notch'- again, either to the heaviest gas giant or the one closest to the primary star - this needs further checking - and picks the first planet meeting the criteria. I have no idea how is the number of sites per system or per planet determined (perhaps the distance from the core of the guardian bubble? 1 - 3 - 6 or 9?), don't know the key for the latitude or longitude nor how stellar systems are chosen. Yet. ;)

Last edited:
I believe (but of course I may be wrong) that the algorithm for choosing the planets first looks for a dwarf star in a system - it's either the heaviest one or the closest to the barycenter (or the main/first star) of the system - not enough samples yet to conclude - if it fails to find a satisfying planet (200-300 K, 1000 -2000 KM and the likes) it goes down 'a notch'- again, either to the heaviest gas giant or the one closest to the primary star - this needs further checking - and picks the first planet meeting the criteria. I have no idea how is the number of sites per system or per planet determined (perhaps the distance from the core of the guardian bubble? 1 - 3 - 6 or 9?), don't know the key for the latitude or longitude nor how stellar systems are chosen. Yet. ;)

Ok, so not obvious at all ;)

Thanks Ian, I really appreciate adding the comparison maps to the front page :)

It occurs to me that if the discoveries continue at this pace, then Frontier had better be ready when we reach the end-point of this part of the story.

It would be disappointing indeed if we were brick-walled until 2.3, or 2.4.

Riôt

Given that they been kicking us up the to solve this, giving us galnet clues and CG, I suspect Frontier has plenty of stuff for us in 2.3 and 2.4

More sites?!!? Too much! Well done to everyone who I can't keep track of :D

giphy.gif

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom