S you can name a ship, but must BUY a plate for it to show up?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Ok I named my ship, but nothing shows up. Am I missing something? Or MUST we BUy a plate before we can actually SEE it on our ship, even in Solo?

I thought we had one basic placement free.

Ok I named my ship, but nothing shows up. Am I missing something? Or MUST we BUy a plate before we can actually SEE it on our ship, even in Solo?

I thought we had one basic placement free.

If you mean exterior hull markings then I think you have to buy a plate.

However, even if you don't have a plate, if I target your ship then I'll see its name.

Yes. Well, other players will see your ship name (sort of) when they scan you, but for screenshots you've got to fork over a few beer tokens.

The name will appear top right in your hud and is visible to others when they scan you, but will only be written on the side of your hull if you buy and apply a nameplate.

Last edited:
Is beer that cheap where you live?

Last time I looked, you'd get a small glass of sparkling water for that kind of money.

Is beer that cheap where you live?

Last time I looked, you'd get a small glass of sparkling water for that kind of money.

Or a couple of packets of crisps.

The nameplates can be used on all of your ships for perpetuity, whereas the crisps will be gone in an hour, tops.

Yes, you have to buy a plate to actually see the names on your ship(s). One plate pack consists of 9 different design variants, and you can use those designs on all your ships.

As for a disgrace, it's $3 or £2... :rolleyes:

Probably a stupid question but exactly where do I enter my ships name?

I know...I'm probably too lazy to read the release notes but I bet I'm not alone ... :)

Yes it's a disgrace.

No, it's a microtransaction for a game with MMO characteristics due to the online mode where they need money to have the server going and pay their employees. Where have you been since release date?

And nothing in the online store microtransations is needed to play the game.

Would you prefer to pay 10USD / month instead in a subscription?

That would be 280 USD so far not counting the cost of the base game OR expansions.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom