THE FORMIDINE RIFT MYSTERY (Part 4)

I feel everyone is failing to forget all of this is spurred from 3 sentences in a book translated into thousands of lines of game code, years of time spent on searching and theorizing, many hours of gameplay, great interaction and stories, brought hundreds if not thousands of commanders from all across the globe together.

And ended with a simplistic easter egg hunt leading to a random piece of standard game content in a random system and a bit more padding to a story we already mostly knew.

WAY BETTER THAN TV!

Fair point, well made.

So if anyone is interested, i will head out there from Farsight in a few minutes. it's about 4,7k, so this will be a serious run. I can scan stuff on the way back anyway.

I'll be on "mobius pve" if someone want's to join MC. I'll open it up once i take off, let's hope it's more reliable than during the weekend.

But i'll give note when i am close, cause this will take time. No idea if i even can make it today.

One thing that has just occoured to me regarding the 29th.

Is it already scripted that whatever is to happen will happen? CoR have found the thing in the Rift despite many of us lone wolves heading out there.

Will CoR get the result they want out of the event on the 29th despite many of us taking part?

Also, assuming we have to choose a side.

What's in it for us?

All the salt has me wondering, "What exactly were people expecting to find?"

Was it a POI? Maybe ... I don't know. I thought POI were on planetary surfaces and Signal Sources were in space. I always thought those were two different things.

Is it underwhelming to think that if we'd found this earlier it would have just been an Anaconda? Maybe. To me the point has always been playing the game not the actual solution. Maybe I'm easily pleased but they could have replaced the megaship/anaconda with literally ANYTHING and I would be happy.

This whole thing started out as a TINY LITTLE EASTER EGG for people who had read Drew's novel Reclamation. The fact that Drew has been given a chance to further the story along with Premonition and turn a tiny Easter egg into a huge chapter of Elite: Dangerous is just bonus to what was originally intended.

If you expected a life-changing experience from all this then I'd suggest you get outside more. Go climb a mountain, learn Tai Chi, take up religion or study Confucius.

What Jai said. :)

So if anyone is interested, i will head out there from Farsight in a few minutes. it's about 4,7k, so this will be a serious run. I can scan stuff on the way back anyway.

I'll be on "mobius pve" if someone want's to join MC. I'll open it up once i take off, let's hope it's more reliable than during the weekend.

But i'll give note when i am close, cause this will take time. No idea if i even can make it today.

BuddyE I'm heading out too I usually fly open but if you want a wingman I was going to partake in Salome's protection but as it stands I'm working that day.

One thing that has just occoured to me regarding the 29th.

Is it already scripted that whatever is to happen will happen? CoR have found the thing in the Rift despite many of us lone wolves heading out there.

Will CoR get the result they want out of the event on the 29th despite many of us taking part?

Also, assuming we have to choose a side.

What's in it for us?

You could always hijack it by taking out CoR and rescuing Salome yourself.

BuddyE I'm heading out too I usually fly open but if you want a wingman I was going to partake in Salome's protection but as it stands I'm working that day.

Heading out now. I might not use open here. Sure it's veery far out. But some people are also very dedicated and this is a point a lot of light-weight builds will be heading towards during the coming days.

But if noone joins the ship in a while we could wing up. 4.7k running in a conda... that will make me miss a nimble ship :D

Late to the party...but congratz anyway.

On the other hand, I can understand the disappointment, I too am quite sad with this outcome, although I am aware, that this is just the beginning.

As was mentioned earlier, we were told that it is not a POI, yet it has turned out, that it is in fact a POI. The whole general clue thing on Galnet feels like being hurried up a bit, someone's patience ran out it seems. I'm not being salty, maybe my expectations were little higher, after two years of theorising, the story becoming more and more interesting and mysterious. With more content added - the bases, etc, etc.

And bam...here you go - summarizing clue given, Drew Wagar himself quite actively confirming or denying the answers.......it simply feels hurried up.

All the salt has me wondering, "What exactly were people expecting to find?"

Was it a POI? Maybe ... I don't know. I thought POI were on planetary surfaces and Signal Sources were in space. I always thought those were two different things.

Is it underwhelming to think that if we'd found this earlier it would have just been an Anaconda? Maybe. To me the point has always been playing the game not the actual solution. Maybe I'm easily pleased but they could have replaced the megaship/anaconda with literally ANYTHING and I would be happy.

This whole thing started out as a TINY LITTLE EASTER EGG for people who had read Drew's novel Reclamation. The fact that Drew has been given a chance to further the story along with Premonition and turn a tiny Easter egg into a huge chapter of Elite: Dangerous is just bonus to what was originally intended.

If you expected a life-changing experience from all this then I'd suggest you get outside more. Go climb a mountain, learn Tai Chi, take up religion or study Confucius.

The fact we we're led to believe it was something so much more. Something besides a lame POI which Drew stated himself it's not something to take just screenshots in front of which turned out to be exactly that. I for one do not like being lied to. Was it a blatant lie? Not so much but might as well be. In the end it was so anticlimactic which torques me. We were on this awesome journey together just like in a book or movie only to find a deserted ship (with it's lights still on). It was like watching an epic TV series only to find out at the end everyone was just dead and the entire series meant nothing.

And some of us do have interesting lives but we choose to play videogames to get away and experience something we can't in real life. If I went on a riddle treasure hunt in real life and just found an empty box at the end ....Pffft game over man, game over.

Yes yes medals all round! Fab work for working out ONE of the clues - unless I have missed something major in all this we do not yet know the answer to the location posed by the video is? Did Drew not say there are two locations to work out?

(\(\;;/)/)

I can't be bothered to trawl through the ~60 pages I'm behind with the thread, can someone tell or link me what this latest breakthrough/clue is? :)

Btw, personally I'm glad it's moving on, it seemed we'd ground to a halt :p

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator

Got to spread the rep around first Jaiotu.

That the 'mystery' was exactly what we were told it wasn't

It's like the end of series 6 of LOST :p

It was like watching an epic TV series only to find out at the end everyone was just dead and the entire series meant nothing.

Just like LOST ;) :p

can't believe I got that reference in twice hehe.

Last edited:
From Page 1

"It's been in the game for us to find since gamma release, and was discoverable since beta using in-game mechanics
Though Drew told us in a recent interview that it's: "Not a case of finding a POI and the mystery is solved - (the mystery is) much more layered and nuanced than that."
"It is possible to find the rift and what it contains today (in fact, since Gamma back in 2014). However, at this point it's unlikely you would recognize it for what it is, though it is becoming clearer day by day.
There may be some brute force searching, but it's not strictly necessary.
To give a little clue, you are not looking for a specific POI because:
A: That would be naff and dull (and over almost straightaway) B: This is a story you're taking part in, not a 'Find the red key and open the red door' quest."

What gives?

Just wondering, but...

Wouldn't the next step be to go searching for Earth-like worlds in the Formadine Rift near where the Zaraura Megaship was found?

If the Megaship was found in a POI/Signal Source in that system, then could there be other things to find?

Isn't there still one more location to find?

The Galnet Article contained one location, correct?

Styx
Rhea
Yildun
Eurydice
Rhamnousia
Bellerophon
Epione
Eurycleia
Amphithea
Cronus
Daedalion
Chione
Iapetus
Anticlea
Aeolus
Erebus
Jupiter
Xanthus
Furies
Cassiopeia

Taking each starting letters, we then get :

SRYERBEEACDCIAAEJXFC0

"REBECCA" is cancelled out, leaving us with "SYREADIAEJXFC0", which is : Syreadiae JX-F c0.

Doesn't that mean there could be a second Megaship to find?

Has no one solved the DB-IB one in the trailer, yet?

Having been largely an abserver in how this mystery unfolded I have to say a huge well done to everyone involved in solving this and especially to Drew and Frontier for putting such a superb mystery and piece of storytelling into the game.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

7hUVCjJ.jpg

Top Bottom