THE FORMIDINE RIFT MYSTERY (Part 4)

Obsidian Ants new video annoys me "Elite Dangerous - Formidine Rift Mystery Solved" How on earth has it been solved. Megaships were not in game until 2.3. audio logs were not a thing until 2.3. The rift mystery has been in since gamma. so. How. On earth. Is this solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Because you haven't solved it. You have, however, found something (another thing as it happens - since you've already found things) in the rift.

Cheers,

Drew.

Holy crap. We came here just to say the same thing.

Having been largely an abserver in how this mystery unfolded I have to say a huge well done to everyone involved in solving this and especially to Drew and Frontier for putting such a superb mystery and piece of storytelling into the game.

Hear, hear, totally agree :)

Mauxus
Lol!! No, I mean totally gutted for you mate!!

You haven't solved it. You've found something significant. There's a difference.

Cheers,

Drew.

Edit - oops. Funny editing going on!

So, does that mean there is 'more to be found' in the Rift? Or are you meaning the overall bubble/galaxy-wide 'conspiracy' mentioned in one of the old lady's logs?

BuddyE I'm heading out too I usually fly open but if you want a wingman I was going to partake in Salome's protection but as it stands I'm working that day.

This one confuses me. If SDC or any other largish group wants to blow her up, it doesn't matter how many ships are out there to protect her. If 10 guys open up at the same time, she'll be dead before you even know it happened.

Of course it depends on the RNG for the instance. Could be like all the other events of this sort. I never get in the instance with the Pseudo NPC. Always with a bunch of randoms sitting there waiting until someone says, "Oh! It's already over, someone posted the whole convo on reddit."

A mission to deliver your book, then?

now now, no need to be a jerk... most here enjoy Drew's books!

- - - Updated - - -

This one confuses me. If SDC or any other largish group wants to blow her up, it doesn't matter how many ships are out there to protect her. If 10 guys open up at the same time, she'll be dead before you even know it happened.

Of course it depends on the RNG for the instance. Could be like all the other events of this sort. I never get in the instance with the Pseudo NPC. Always with a bunch of randoms sitting there waiting until someone says, "Oh! It's already over, someone posted the whole convo on reddit."

I posted this on the Canonn thread when someone else said something similar... never though I would say this but:

Actually, funny enough, SDC is on the Allied Command Discord server helping with PvP coordination, load-outs and tactics. SDC have pledged to defend Salome publicly and repeatedly. They are looking for a challenge, and in this instance defending Salome would present the bigger challenge and offer the best PvP fights. Ultimately this is what SDC looks for...

Time will tell if this remains true...

Wait until I give you that ferry 6,000 tonnes of biowaste mission...

...In a Sidewinder.

Cheers,

Drew.

I'm annoyed that I didn't get Rebecca as working out who the old lady was, was a part of the mystery.

It's right in front if your eyes when you look. Even worse that I was looking at systems starting with SYRE.

It was the Fibonacci sequence that threw me. By 4 am last night I wanted to murder Fibonacci and his sequence. I was overlaying goddam fib spirals over the galmap, over pictures of the flower ships, over screenshots from Heart and Soul looking back at Sol etc.

Goddam Fibonacci and the first clue has Fibonacci again.

This is why rifters are crazy and can't work stuff out. We overcomplicate things

Last edited:
Top Bottom