Corroded paint jobs

I wish that rather than being a paint job you apply, they would have expanded wear and tear to have more variation like these. I've never compared paint wear from one time to another, but it doesn't seem all that random, there's certain areas where it always happens, in the same color. What if doing a repair on the paint reset the seed for the wear, so you could get flaking or washing out or corrosion or heat damage. Or maybe a paint repair resets things, and based on where you go the next few trips determines the type of wear you start seeing.

On my way to Sag A* and look at this:

E98D4AF376B914B153AC2B220967E723C4096772

Like flying through sandpaper. Still not sure if I'm going to continue on to Beagle Point. If I do, I doubt there'll be any paint left. :eek:

They get all shiny and new.

Oh no, I can see the forum threads now. "I'm quitting because my junk yard ship is all shiny and it's unfair!"

On a personal note I would like to say that although these are aimed at the "Raiding" community I won't be buying one because I consider myself an interstellar jewel thief and as such am quite obviously a better class of criminal than the sort that might be happy flying a rusty rat look Cobra.

You're more likely to find me wearing the 3303 version of a Tuxedo, while flying an understated but classic Pirate ship than in a greasy flight suit and amateur hour cobra.

Well I'm flying a Dolphin at the moment so it wouldn't look good to my passengers if the paint was falling off, so I keep mine in mint condition.:cool:

Can't wait till we get spikes and corroded paint jobs for more ships; my Vulture/FdL/Anaconda are dying for a renegade makeover.

Here's a 0% paint job with corroded paint.
FD has introduced another bug where the existing kit pieces get the wrong paint color -- see the spoiler?

20170422105232_1.jpg

Right, so the corrosion corrodes, makes sense...?

But of course you can repair the corrosion.

Under the rust you expect to find more rust? I don't think General Motors is building our ships. :p
The paint peels off with wear and exposes bare metal. Or, the rust peels off with abrasion and exposes bare metal.

Now, if we could layer paint and rust, then we'd have some interesting combinations.

Oddly enough - my black ASPX is not eroding - only small parts of it. Ive done a fair amount of exploring but no erosion on the main areas - just a few panels.

BTW - worn paint jobs is excellent idea. Over painted and patched riveted and duck tape.

Also should be an option to prevent repairs to paint so you can keep it filthy.

I put Tactical Graphic, basically solid black, on my Clipper, and she’s been through so much that upon docking at a carrier at Sagittarius, I found the paint is down to 0%, and it actually looks really good. The paint that’s left looks like tiger stripes.

Top Bottom