Release EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

It all goes to EDDN every jump (which feeds EDDB). If you want to see it in EDD's journal tab as well that is definitely do-able. Feature requests are best entered on github as they are least likely to get forgotten and never done that way (poking us on here will work eventually too but github is the list we mostly work from).

It all goes to EDDN every jump (which feeds EDDB). If you want to see it in EDD's journal tab as well that is definitely do-able. Feature requests are best entered on github as they are least likely to get forgotten and never done that way (poking us on here will work eventually too but github is the list we mostly work from).

Thanks, for this one its not essential but it might eventually be a nice to have.
It just confused me that it didn't seem to be picking up the information each jump, but after some testing i deduced it was getting passed through but the information was invisible in EDDiscovery. The fact that the only time EDDiscovery shows the faction influences (during log in) doesn't get sent to EDDB adds to the confusion.

You can switch to the Portable Version and put the databases with the program or you can add an options.txt file to your EDD install directory and define database locations in there using the systemdbpath and userdbpath options - format is just option value with one per line.

e.g.

userdbpath D:\data\edduser.sqlite
systemdbpath D:\data\eddsystem.sqlite

(I really must add this to the wiki this weekend, I've pasted into several threads and discord conversations recently)

Thanks for this.

Sorry for the noob question, but how do the different parts of the galaxy get their name? Who decided on "Hawking's Gap" for example? And is there any formal process for naming a new area?

Thanks!

I mean the journal entry that outputs the faction % and states, it was added as part of 2.3 but it only seem to be generated once at the same time you log in along with your combat ranks etc and not every time you jump into a system or dock.
It means if i wanted to push the faction states to eddb i'll need to jump and then log out/in at every system rather than just flying through or docking there.

*Edit* Just found and looked at the journals and it does seem like the faction % are reported each jump, the issue is that EDDiscovery doesn't report that in its journal viewer.
So it looks like its just a display issue rather than the data not being forwarded.

EDDiscovery:
10.05 ly, Fuel 0.1t left 31.9t Faction:Hambula Blue Advanced Industry, Allegiance:Federation, Economy:Industrial

Journal for the same event:
Code:
{ "timestamp":"2017-04-22T10:02:27Z", "event":"FSDJump", "StarSystem":"Hambula", "StarPos":[-39.656,6.125,-2.500], "SystemAllegiance":"Federation", "SystemEconomy":"$economy_Industrial;", "SystemEconomy_Localised":"Industrial", "SystemGovernment":"$government_Corporate;", "SystemGovernment_Localised":"Corporate", "SystemSecurity":"$SYSTEM_SECURITY_high;", "SystemSecurity_Localised":"High Security", "JumpDist":10.047, "FuelUsed":0.130005, "FuelLevel":31.869995, "Factions":[ { "Name":"LHS 3577 Electronics Solutions", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Corporate", "Influence":0.035964, "Allegiance":"Independent" }, { "Name":"Independent Hambula Values Party", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Democracy", "Influence":0.089910, "Allegiance":"Federation" }, { "Name":"Hambula Freedom Party", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Dictatorship", "Influence":0.035964, "Allegiance":"Independent" }, { "Name":"Llwyddi Di Network", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Corporate", "Influence":0.137862, "Allegiance":"Federation" }, { "Name":"Hambula Blue Advanced Industry", "FactionState":"None", "Government":"Corporate", "Influence":0.399600, "Allegiance":"Federation" }, { "Name":"LHS 3549 Blue Dynamic PLC", "FactionState":"Boom", "Government":"Corporate", "Influence":0.220779, "Allegiance":"Federation" }, { "Name":"Hambula Purple Brotherhood", "FactionState":"Outbreak", "Government":"Anarchy", "Influence":0.079920, "Allegiance":"Independent" } ], "SystemFaction":"Hambula Blue Advanced Industry" }

I'll fix it on the tip code

Is their a way to dump the entire database to a csv instead of the "indevidual" options in the import/export tab?

My database has become couruppted and need to check the data so i don't loose any of it.

Or what do i need to export to keep all my data?

Odd question, and apologies if it's been answered somewhere. Is it safe to load up and run the game while EDD is still downloading systems, refreshing, indexing, etc.., or should I let it do all of it's maintenance first?

Odd question, and apologies if it's been answered somewhere. Is it safe to load up and run the game while EDD is still downloading systems, refreshing, indexing, etc.., or should I let it do all of it's maintenance first?

It is safe to start hte game while EDD is downloading systems.

Is their a way to dump the entire database to a csv instead of the "indevidual" options in the import/export tab?

My database has become couruppted and need to check the data so i don't loose any of it.

Or what do i need to export to keep all my data?

Make a copy of you EDDUser.sqlite in %localappdata%\EDDiscovery
That one will contain you own user data.

We dont have a function to dump to csv yet.
We can proably help you repair the DB if needed. You can send it to robert.l.wahlstrom@gmail.com if needed.

If its your systemstable that is corrupted then you can just delete EDDSystem.sqlite and let EDDiscovery rebuild it.
Which errormessage do you get for your data corruption?

Version 7.0.4 is released https://github.com/EDDiscovery/EDDiscovery/releases/tag/Release_7.0.4

FSDJump coded to print factions.

Coriolis import solved various types #1028,
Journal/Travel goto jid fixed up

Fix #954,#1005,#976. Added Cooling Hoses.

Fixed up time filter save in ledger, journals, travel, saved as string
to remove the index problem. All move to top of list.
Bug fix in setting up these dialogs.. must set display value BEFORE data
source
Module sort on value now works

Exclude invalid systems from dist list

Bris Dekker recipe fix
Fix Ram Tah recipes
Integrate fixes for recipes and selecting None on the level filter

Estimated Scan Value Not pre/post 2.3 aware Solves #1006

MaterialsCommoditiesDB is now memory only.

Any ideas about exchanging data with EDMC? I was getting an error from EDD when running the two together.

EDMC and EDD both submit data to EDDN. If you're running both then turn off EDDN syncing from EDD (on the Commanders grid in the Settings tab). Both send system data, EDD doesn't yet send market data (Finwen is working on that, it comes from the the API not the journals so is a whole new kettle of fish for us) whereas EDMC does (obviously...) so if you're running both then syncing with EDDN from EDD is redundant.

Last edited:
Chaps, a quick question. Trying to install 7.0.4 over 7.0.3 gives me this error:

vCPeJjE.png

I've never had problems updating before, and have been running it since 2.6.8

I thought instead I'd simply uninstall 7.0.3 and install 7.0.4 fresh, but that throws up this error:

rMZ069q.png

There are no .msi files in any of the folders within \AppData\Roaming\EDDiscovery. Any ideas how best to proceed?

EDMC and EDD both submit data to EDDN. If you're running both then turn off EDDN syncing from EDD (on the Commanders grid in the Settings tab). Both send system data, EDD doesn't yet send market data (Finwen is working on that, it comes from the the API not the journals so is a whole new kettle of fish for us) whereas EDMC does (obviously...) so if you're running both then syncing with EDDN from EDD is redundant.

Thanks!

I'm using EDDiscovery to track my activities, but detailed entries only go back to 31/10/16.

Is it possible to get a detailed Elite activity log that goes right back to the beginning?

I've used Admin > Read 2.1 and former log files > Force reload logs, and I've tried the following folders:

C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local\Frontier_Developments\Products\elite-dangerous-64\Logs
C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local\Frontier_Developments\Products\FORC-FDEV-D-1010\Logs

This gets me history back to 16/10/15, but there's no more detail than just jumps.

Is anything more than this available?

Top Bottom