Message from GalCop: The time to start getting ready for Thargoid incursions is now.

Hello to all CMDRs in the bubble, Colonia, and beyond!

We've all seen the reports of increased Thargoid activity around the Pleiades. After in-depth analysis of the available data, both recent and ancient, our advanced expert systems are predicting a massive spike in Thargoid activity coming in the next two to three months.

Few organizations, let alone people, remember the last Thargoid incursion, so it's easy to write a lot of what happened back then off as myths and legends.

Humanity was far more united before the first incursion, and we still barely managed to fight to a standstill for decades, until the Thargoids pulled back for reasons we still don't understand. Sure, our tech has evolved, but we have fractured. We're at eachother's throats for anything worth having. Will future generations care who profited more from Meta-Alloys? Will it matter who owned which orbital before it was slagged by an alien weapon we don't have a name for? Does anyone care what color uniform the last human was wearing?

The Thargoids are back. They're scouting now, but more are coming. We've seen it before. Nothing about their return suggests they're here to talk, either. We have to be ready when they do. We have to work together.

But that doesn't mean it's hopeless. There are things anyone can do to be ready.

Our logistics division has shortlisted some steps the average pilot can take to help get themselves (and by extension, the galaxy) ready for what's coming:

>>> Skills. Thargoids may or may not fly in ways we're used to. They may have ground installations to fight, or lurk in asteroid belts, or prefer to make contact in open space. Because they may come at us in unexpected ways, getting some combat time in difficult locations may make the difference between victory and an aggresive asteroid landing.

>>> Ships. We don't yet know what type of ship or strategy will be effective against the octagonal menace, so find a couple of different types of ship you like. Get them A-Rated and ready to go.

>>> Engineers. It's hard to say what type of mods will be helpful or even required to do battle with our non-human aggressors. Dr. Palin seems like a requirement, however. He's on the cutting edge of Thargoid research, in addition to being a master of drive mods (and the place to get UA-proof holds).

>>> Minor factions. Instead of pushing for expansion, consider positioning your minor faction to survive with little to no maintenance. There are better things to do than fighting your fellow humans.

>>> Power Play. The same as for minor factions. Focus on getting into a position that gaurantees positive CC flow, so you can focus on pest control.

>>> Organizations. Pilots may or may not currently be in some type of player organization. Now is the time to find one, so we can all face the aliens together. Organizations can vastly speed up dissemination of intel on threats, methods to combat them, and provide reliable wings to fight them in.

In short:

Get Good, Get Prepared, Get Organized.

Is this an official response. Becuase that would suggest we can't side with the thargoids. That would almost certainly cause outrage for a lot of players. I myself wouldn't be happy with less choice. Let's hope Fdev do this right.

… Sure, our tech has evolved, but we have fractured.…

As humans we love organization and structure and hierarchies. We think that that way we can overcome our chaotic and disorganized nature and become better. Striving for an idealized goal of harmony.

As insectoids with a queen the thargoids already have that harmony. They are one will, one organization.

Yes, we are fractured. It's human nature.
We constantly fight between each other and everything that gets between us and what we want.
We are chaotic.
We are disorganized.
We are aggressive.
We are territorial.

We are the evil that lurks in the darkness of space. Devote followers of the chaos within wearing the mask of order and harmony.

An organized foe is coming our way.

We are no clear target.
We aren't predictable.
We run around like cockroaches, hiding behind the next stone where it's dark.
We reproduce quickly.
We have no queen whose death will leave us without cause or intent.
We are willing to sacrifice everything for what we consider victory.

We are not "we".

The Thargoids have already lost. Because they can't fight humanity as there is no one humanity.

Engineer Dr plain may end up needing some of the UA materials even UAs to make some new upgrade to existing hardware. May be laser / shield frequency changes who knows. All exciting stuff. Humanity standing off again them.

Let's hope they act like a suprpower and expand .. we can fight to regain a system and make their bubble shrink... a constant tug of war as we win and lose systems...

I'm shielding my explorer ships already , also opening up as many engineers as possible.....

Last edited:
As humans we love organization and structure and hierarchies. We think that that way we can overcome our chaotic and disorganized nature and become better. Striving for an idealized goal of harmony.

As insectoids with a queen the thargoids already have that harmony. They are one will, one organization.

We constantly fight between each other and everything that gets between us and what we want.
We are chaotic.
We are disorganized.
We are aggressive.
We are territorial.

We are the evil that lurks in the darkness of space. Devote followers of the chaos within wearing the mask of order and harmony.

We are no clear target.
We aren't predictable.
We reproduce quickly.

We are not "we".

The Thargoids have already lost. Because they can't fight humanity as there is no one humanity.

Humanity will attack first. That will be our downfall. If the the thargoids wanted us dead, we already would be. They have only attacked small contingent forces in skirmishes. I don't think they want a full scale war, not after last time when we nearly wiped them out. They may even have valid reasons for these small attacks (like the data carried by the feds recently).

We may never know, but I hope they would be happy to work with those who want to. But most of humanity will fight them, fearing anything alien. I hope they fall. Then the rest of us can exist in harmony.

Oh, and thargoids seem to have bigger guns. I side with bigger guns for my own survival ;).

Best thing we can do is nothing, just keep living our lives normally, Thargoids are not a thread to our galaxy.

If we fight the Thargoids they win.

#ThargoidsWelcome

Last edited:
If they are as powerful as the old Commodore 64 Elite Thargoids, then we are screwed... Well, until they are nerfed due to the salty cryfest that will ensue our ships going pop in the first couple of minutes after being pulled out of hyperspace.

Is this an official response. Becuase that would suggest we can't side with the thargoids. That would almost certainly cause outrage for a lot of players. I myself wouldn't be happy with less choice. Let's hope Fdev do this right.

Being able to communicate and side with the mysterious aliens makes about as much sense as a chocolate kettle. Nothing says mysterious aliens like a Thargoid REP bar... sigh

I fought the Thargoids when I was young.

Now, beeing old, I'm back in space.
And the Thargoids are comming back too. But not because of me.

Seems so, not to much has changed.

Just to clarify - this is GalCop's official response and suggestions for other groups to follow. We have no idea what the powers that be intend. Perhaps the Thargoids just want to invite us to flower arranging classes (I hope you see what I did there). That would be nice, but unlikely.

In short, GalCop believes humanity needs to prepare for war.

Last edited:

Deleted member 115407

D
We're at eachother's throats for anything worth having. Will future generations care who profited more from Meta-Alloys? Will it matter who owned which orbital before it was slagged by an alien weapon we don't have a name for? Does anyone care what color uniform the last human was wearing?

Just to clarify - this is GalCop's official response and suggestions for other groups to follow. We have no idea what the powers that be intend. Perhaps the Thargoids just want to invite us to flower arranging classes (I hope you see what I did there). That would be nice, but unlikely.

So does this mean we're burying hatchets (and not in each other's backs)?

We are chaotic.
We are disorganized.
We are aggressive.
We are territorial.

We are no clear target.
We aren't predictable.
We reproduce quickly.

We are not "we".

I want you to be the motivational speaker for all human fleets. Please. :3

Deleted member 115407

D

We are chaotic.
We are disorganized.
We are aggressive.
We are territorial.

We are no clear target.
We aren't predictable.
We reproduce quickly.

We are not "we".

That was beautiful, man.

Being able to communicate and side with the mysterious aliens makes about as much sense as a chocolate kettle. Nothing says mysterious aliens like a Thargoid REP bar... sigh

I totally get in previous game the thargoids were the big bad enemy. I also get they are mysterious. But someone also did help the thargoids in the past, so why can't we. I'm not asking for a specific way to be friendly towards them, just any way at all really. I don't mind if I never know much about them, I just want to sit in the saftey of their home space, and watch humanity bash its head on the thargoid rock while the obviously more powerful thargoids show who has the big guns. Oh, and make money while doing it.

I don't think anyone can deny if someone comes along with bigger and better guns than your side, you might at least be tempted to switch sides to survive.

WE MUST FIGHT TOGETHER!

My scientist nature shouts "they can't be that advances to just pretend to destroy us!". But me, I say "get ready for the worst possible scenario". And the truth is, the WPS is one in which the Thargoids have prepared carefully for a full-scale war against humanity. And to survive that, we will need to fight... and to understand, investigate and find our enemy´s weakness.

Fellow Canonn Commanders, and anyone able to fight, I call you! This is the time to prepare your science vessels to fight! We don´t know what we will be facing, so don't relly just on your biggest guns. Be ready to change tactics and strategies, be ready to swap for ship configurations you are not used to, and be ready to assist anywhere and everywhere!

If we are to fight the Thargoids, always keep a sharp eye! Any clue, any observation of a possible weak spot will be of vital importance. Report these findings to the Canonn Institute, we will do our best to assist.

And, more important: Be ready to assist civilian ships. Massive evacuations may occur, lack of food or medicines, need for weapons and shelter. We do not fight for space: We fight for humanity.

Commander M. Volgrand.
Lead Canonn Scientist.
Canonn Defense Forces.

Beware
For the fear of the Thargoids may be used as an excuse for Human political factions to push their agenda

Last edited:
WE MUST FIGHT TOGETHER!

My scientist nature shouts "they can't be that advances to just pretend to destroy us!". But me, I say "get ready for the worst possible scenario". And the truth is, the WPS is one in which the Thargoids have prepared carefully for a full-scale war against humanity. And to survive that, we will need to fight... and to understand, investigate and find our enemy´s weakness.

Fellow Canonn Commanders, and anyone able to fight, I call you! This is the time to prepare your science vessels to fight! We don´t know what we will be facing, so don't relly just on your biggest guns. Be ready to change tactics and strategies, be ready to swap for ship configurations you are not used to, and be ready to assist anywhere and everywhere!

If we are to fight the Thargoids, always keep a sharp eye! Any clue, any observation of a possible weak spot will be of vital importance. Report these findings to the Canonn Institute, we will do our best to assist.

And, more important: Be ready to assist civilian ships. Massive evacuations may occur, lack of food or medicines, need for weapons and shelter. We do not fight for space: We fight for humanity.

Commander M. Volgrand.
Lead Canonn Scientist.
Canonn Defense Forces.

As a member of Canonn, can you confirm if you are using your mega ship in this fight. If so, will you be needing people to put their combat ships on board to help it fight. I need to know whether I need to speed up progress on my 'holiday project' or not.

Top Bottom