The Blockade of Procyon

>INTERCEPTING ENCODED TRANSMISSION!
>PLAYING AUDIO FILE...

Greetings Commanders,

I am Commander Hiesfout de Arium, but just Histarium is fine. The time has come Commanders, our threats, the Ghosts of Col 70's, have fallen on deaf ears. Sirius Corporation slumbers and pities each of our blissful lives, Knowing full well about thargoids now for over a century! Our efforts to blockade their ships in Witchhead and Running Man Nebula have been seen as only a small detour to whatever grand scheme the higher echelon of SiriusCorp and Subsidiaries wish to achieve. The time to show them we, the pilots of the galaxy, will not tolerate their corporate greed, their unwillingness to share with us the findings of Meta Drive Inc, is now. They have not spoken up, neither in defense nor in agreement that they had a hand in the conspiracies that the Children of Raxxla have uncovered, that CMDR Salome died to get to us.

They play the sides of both Federation, Empire, and Alliance! Supplying the materials needed to continue conflicts, petty squabbles amongst ourselves. While we squabble, they continue to secure a future for only the elite few! The time has come Commanders, Let us show them just how powerful the pilots of the galaxy can be!

I simply ask of you a few things. Blockade Procyon, fight anyone who is willing to defend Sirius Corporation, UA Bomb their stations back to the Stone age. Disrupt their money flow, and we will hear their CEO's cry for mercy, giving us the Meta Technologies we so desperately need to better a future for ALL mankind, not just the leaders and select rich few who are on a secret list!

Sirius was once seen as the Great Dog Star by scholars of mankinds old ways. Thus, I proclaim that the Great Dog has become a monster, a Barghest of old earth legend! It is time to put down the Barghest and end his Monopoly of power over ship manufacturers, and Frame Shift Drives! There is one thing more evil and scary than an alien race wishing the death to all humans, and that is a threat to mankind from within its own ranks! We must crush this threat before it is to late, before they throw us to the thargoids while they run and hide for cover. Sacrificing us in the hopes that they themselves may be spared in the coming bloodbaths, when in reality it could have been their deeds, done in secret, which brought this fate upon us!

Join the Ghosts of Col 70! Let us watch as Procyon burns in Sirius Corporations silence to our demands!

>Transmission ended...

In all seriousness, I am trying to create emergent storyline gameplay here. Perhaps you like Sirius Corporation, Thats fine, go there and protect Procyon from burning then. Wouldnt it be nice to have an objective other than to just do CG's or kill pirates? Something different and with a player driven story? Well follow me and the Ghosts of Col 70 as we attempt to do just that! we WANT people to disagree with us and pick the other side, Though also to side with us too! Find your reason, stick with it, and have fun playing in an ever changing reason to be in a place doing a thing! Something this game lacks, and which was made evident that it needs, from the CMDR Salome event.

My goal? Well I said what my character in game wants, but I just want a goal, something to do other than the usual grind. A purpose within the galaxy. What better way to do just that by creating a story that everyone can get behind? Thus, the Protests and Blockade of Procyon. Demanding that Sirius Corporation help us with the fight against Thargoids by developing tech to counter them. I want new toys, you want new toys, so lets make it happen!

TL;DR Edition:
-Blockade Procyon by Killing, Pirating, and causing any mayhem you may see fit.
-UA Bomb Cormack Hub, Pontes Gateway, and Schade Horizons.
-Alternatively, stop people from doing the above if you support sirius. Lets create some emergent gameplay!

-Commander Hiesfout de Arium (AKA Histarium)
(Captain of 7th Privateers Coalition Fleet)

Last edited:
>INTERCEPTING ENCODED TRANSMISSION!
>PLAYING AUDIO FILE...

Greetings Commanders,

I am Commander Hiesfout de Arium, but just Histarium is fine. The time has come Commanders, our threats, the Ghosts of Col 70's, have fallen on deaf ears. Sirius Corporation slumbers and pities each of our blissful lives, Knowing full well about thargoids now for over a century! Our efforts to blockade their ships in Witchhead and Running Man Nebula have been seen as only a small detour to whatever grand scheme the higher echelon of SiriusCorp and Subsidaries wish to achieve. The time to show them we, the pilots of the galaxy, will not tolerate their corporate greed, their unwillingness to share with us the findings of Meta Drive Inc. They have not spoken up, neither in defense nor in agreement that they had a had in the conspiracies that the Children of Raxxla have uncovered, that CMDR Salome died to get to us.

They play the sides of both Federation, Empire, and Alliance! Supplying the materials needed to continue conflicts, petty squabbles amongst ourselves. While we squabble, they continue to secure a future for only the elite few! The time has come Commanders, Let us show them just how powerful the pilots of the galaxy can be!

I simply ask of you a few things. Blockade Procyon, fight anyone who is willing to defend Sirius Corporation, UA Bomb their stations back to the Stoneage. Disrupt their money flow, and we will hear their CEO's cry for mercy, giving us the Meta Technologies we so desperately need to better a future for ALL mankind, not just the leaders and select rich few who are on a secret list!

Sirius was once seen as the Great Dog Star by scholars of mankinds old ways. Thus, I proclaim that the Great Dog has become a monster, a Barghest of old earth legend! It is time to put down the Barghest and end his Monopoly of power over ship manufacturers, and Frame Shift Drives! There is one thing more evil and scary than an alien race wishing the death to all humans, and that is a threat to mankind from within its own ranks! We must crush this threat before it is to late, before they throw us to the thargoids while they run and hide for cover. Sacrificing us in the hopes that they themselves may be spared in the coming bloodbaths, when in reality it could have been their deeds, done in secret, which brought this fate upon us!

Join the Ghosts of Col 70! Let us watch as Procyon burns in Sirius Corporations silence to our demands!

>Transmission ended...

In all seriousness, I am trying to create emergent storyline gameplay here. Perhaps you like Sirius Corporation, Thats fine, go there and protect Procyon from burning then. Wouldnt it be nice to have an objective other than to just do CG's or kill pirates? Something different and with a player driven story? Well follow me and the Ghosts of Col 70 as we attempt to do just that! we WANT people to disagree with us and pick the other side, Though also to side with us too! Find your reason, stick with it, and have fun playing in an ever changing reason to be in a place doing a thing! Something this game lacks, and which was made evident that it needs, from the CMDR Salome event.

My goal? Well I said what my character in game wants, but I just want a goal, something to do other than the usual grind. A purpose within the galaxy. What better way to do just that by creating a story that everyone can get behind? Thus, the Protests and Blockade of Procyon. Demanding that Sirius Corporation help us with the fight against Thargoids by developing tech to counter them. I want new toys, you want new toys, so lets make it happen!

TL;DR Edition:
-Blockade Procyon by Killing, Pirating, and causing any mayhem you may see fit.
-UA Bomb Cormack Hub, Pontes Gateway, and Schade Horizons.
-Alternatively, stop people from doing the above if you support sirius. Lets create some emergent gameplay!

-Commander Hiesfout de Arium (AKA Histarium)
(Captain of 7th Privateers Coalition Fleet)

You've been smoking Onion Head with Ollobrains again haven't you?

Your campaign will have zero credibility unless you can get some known senior Sirius Inc folks like SaliVader to call up some opposition.

So I guess my question is - Who are you?
Do the Ghosts of Col 69 have a discord, and an INARA page and a faction in-game?
It sounds like you want a BGS war with a group, without having a position you have to defend.

Make a credible claim of who you are and what resources you are defending or be just more role play static and weak post-hoc justification of another UA bombing annoyance campaign.

Last edited:

Your campaign will have zero credibility unless you can get some known senior Sirius Inc folks like SaliVader to call up some opposition.

Do the Ghosts of Col 69 have a discord, and an INARA page and a faction in-game?
It sounds like you want a BGS war with a group, without having a position you have to defend.

Make a credible claim of who you are and what resources you are defending or be just more role play static and weak post-hoc justification of another UA bombing annoyance campaign.

^ol storm cloud here, gee whiz. He made it pretty clear who he is and what he and his group, be they "credible" or not (what difference does it make anyway) are up to. Anyways it's just a post calling anyone who is interested to action against Sirius. I don't think it's a UA bombing annoyance campaign as it is founded on things actually happening in game lore and not just "ua bomb for emergent gameplay so fdevs will tweak the bgs and send thargoids to Colonia and start handing out hip 22460 permits..." etc etc :D

Ghosts of Col 70, we do have a Discord, and we are more of a pseudo group of anyone and everyone who wants to oppose Sirius Corporation. We've made several things, investigated the Witchhead and Running Man Nebula, AND extensively helped Dr. Scarlet Ashcroft in her Wreaken Protests. Id hardly call us no one by now. You've just not been paying attention to reddit or the forums. I dont even use Inara and Im simply someone who is trying to create story.

No we do not want a BGS War, I want a STORYLINE, a CG would help. Anything. I dont even want an NPC Faction in game, as we are not interested in doing BGS stuff. Simply put, its a group who wishes to create emergent gameplay.

I have also made unsuccesful attempts to get Pranav Antal on my side. What Resources I am defending? none. Personal Interest in the Col 70 Permit Locked region, and the merger of Meta Drive Inc. As well as the MANY mysterious deaths surrounding Sirius. Their mostly secretive nature, as well as the fact that they have a near monopoly on certain manufactured goods in lore, as well as the known evidence that they have a near monopoly over ship parts like Frame Shift Drives, leads me down the rabbit hole to want more. Yet there IS NOT more, because Frontier Developments HASNT ADDED IT. Thus, my protest, and why this group exists, is to create a story in which Frontier can be persuaded into adding more into the mystery and conspiracies that are Sirius Corporation.

Seriously, What do you have against the proposal to create such a storyline? Whys it matter if I am someone famous like ObsidianAnt or backed by FDev like Drew Wagnar? Im asking people to just go there and we'll create a story with or without Fdev. Its as simple as just going along for the ride.

Also, as a final note. I dont even USE Inara, never have, and its needlessly pointless to register to a bajillion sites just to have a claim to say "We are a group" its not my fault that Frontier have neglected such in game tools as the ability to create a guild like setting. In any case, this is more of a social experiment by a humble Canonn Researcher/Explorer to see if I can really create a story for myself. Perhaps its a selfish goal to show I to can make emergent and more fun gameplay than Drew, the offical lore writer, did. Maybe if I do prove it, I'll get to work with Drew and Frontier on writing offical lore for the game! (Probably not but I can have dreams right?)

Since I have also never heard of the group (no offence) and your roleplay is good, I'll assume this isn't a thinly veiled excuse for griefing like most 'blockades' and wish you good luck in toppling Sirius Corp and making a storyline :)

Kind of tempted myself, since for various RP reasons I'm not a fan of Sirius Corp either.

Last edited:
Since I have also never heard of the group (no offence) and your roleplay is good, I'll assume this isn't a thinly veiled excuse for griefing like most 'blockades' and wish you good luck in toppling Sirius Corp and making a storyline :)

Kind of tempted myself, since for various RP reasons I'm not a fan of Sirius Corp either.

Its ok. I understand not everyone will want to. Yes, its not an excuse to grief the system. More of, Im trying to create a storyline. Its a struggle, as yes no one has heard of me or my 6 or 7 members who have decided to join me... Iv talked on here before and I have posts in the Roleplay section. Why I post here is, General gets WAY more exposure, no one even bothers looking at the Roleplay forums. Iv even made a video calling to Pranav Antal and his supporters to take on Li Rui in Powerplay as thats Sirius Corps Goverment branch. To no avail, they saw me as a nobody and someone just trying to stir up a war they didnt want. Even made it VERY easy for Roleplayers to get in by talking about Utopia and how Sirius Corporation doesnt follow their Utopian beliefs. Again, to mostly being disregarded.

None the less! You'll see more of me as I keep trying to motivate people into action. I am only one pilot, I cant really RP with myself now can I... ;)

I'll hop in Solo and tank those stations with UA's for sure :D

Where's my Asp........

Oh yes, for CMDRs wanting to harvest quick UA's, best and quickest is the wreckage planetside at the alien ship site. UA's lying scattered about ready for quick harvesting.

Last edited:

Deleted member 115407

D
Best of luck, OP. If I happen to be in the Sol area I'll pick a side.

no offence but you should target a different faction. Sirius corp is tied with an engineer and people need to get allied faction with them to get access to it.

This is a totally moot point. Did you even read what I had said? Do you know just how big Sirius Corp is? They own about 4 systems and are in another 3... I'm not in this for bgs. I am in this for the storyline. I don't care one space rats butthole about Sirius permits. I have half a mind just to go do the bgs on purpose so that no one can get the stupid permit. Maybe people would want to rp an actual story then bash their face against their keyboard to hope in getting broken engineer rng mods that totally broke pvp for anyone who can't dedicate an awful lot of time to grinding.

Last edited:
This is a totally moot point. Did you even read what I had said? Do you know just how big Sirius Corp is? They own about 4 systems and are in another 3... I'm not in this for bgs. I am in this for the storyline. I don't care one space rats about Sirius permits. I have half a mind just to to do the bgs on purpose so that no one can get the stupid permit. Maybe people would want to rp an actual story then bash their face against their keyboard to hope in getting broken engineer rng mods that totally broke pvp for anyone who can't dedicate an awful lot of time to grinding.

Wow sounds bitter; don't agree with you shutting down engineer access, pick a different target.

Wow sounds bitter; don't agree with you shutting down engineer access, pick a different target.

I'm bitter because I'm trying to create a story and this permit is the one reason most people won't rp against Sirius Corporation despite the heavy hints that they are pretty evil by frontier. I'm not a bgs person, I'm not here to grief you out of content. People only get upset or oppose me because Palin. It's dumb. Like. I'm in no way threatening your ability to get the permit here. Just pick any of the other 20 some stations Sirius Corp owns. Hell just don't pick Cormac hub...

I'm bitter because I'm trying to create a story and this permit is the one reason most people won't rp against Sirius Corporation despite the heavy hints that they are pretty evil by frontier. I'm not a bgs person, I'm not here to grief you out of content. People only get upset or oppose me because Palin. It's dumb. Like. I'm in no way threatening your ability to get the permit here. Just pick any of the other 20 some stations Sirius Corp owns. Hell just don't pick Cormac hub...

Still think the most likely thing you'll catch with such a blockade is new players who don't know better trying to open the engineer and that will just put them off the game.

But that's just my take, if it's gotta be Sirius then go ahead, I just feel it may have unwanted negative side effects on new guys but maybe I'm over cooking it.

Last edited:
Still think the most likely thing you'll catch with such a blockade is new players who don't know better trying to open the engineer and that will just put them off the game.

But that's just my take, if it's gotta be Sirius then go ahead, I just feel it may have unwanted negative side effects on new guys but maybe I'm over cooking it.

Enough people will require that access to eventually undo whatever action gets taken here unless this turns into a crusade. All the real scrapping would be based around the access and who's doing what to get/kill that access though, not so much the storyline.

Enough people will require that access to eventually undo whatever action gets taken here unless this turns into a crusade. All the real scrapping would be based around the access and who's doing what to get/kill that access though, not so much the storyline.

Exactly and I'm not asking to do bgs. I'm asking for storyline. Pvp. Just stuff. Any negative actions we take against Sirius apply only to a single system. They own more than one, thus I'm not barring anyone from content. Even though I disagree with everything that is engineers. I think engineers was a horrible failure. Good concept bad execution. But that's just me

Exactly and I'm not asking to do bgs. I'm asking for storyline. Pvp. Just stuff. Any negative actions we take against Sirius apply only to a single system. They own more than one, thus I'm not barring anyone from content. Even though I disagree with everything that is engineers. I think engineers was a horrible failure. Good concept bad execution. But that's just me

If you're looking to actually affect this area, you're going to NEED to work the BGS. PVP is by far the least useful tool in the war chest insofar as affecting any type of system status.

Deleted member 115407

D
If you're looking to actually affect this area, you're going to NEED to work the BGS. PVP is by far the least useful tool in the war chest insofar as affecting any type of system status.

By UA bombing and Sec killing, OP is suggesting it.

... Sec killing, OP is suggesting it.

sounds like my sort of work :)

if my main faction rank for Feds get all the way down to hostile, what happens?
just wonder as i'm living in a fed lead system

Added: not fond of the UA bombarding idea... always seen that as a mistake by FDev, a legit griefing tool :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom