Engineers Modified Embedded Firmware - hot to get 2.3

Hi all,

where do I get Modified Embedded Firmware best at the moment? Are there any good resources or special places. I don't want to spent hours and hours without any chance to find them.

Thanks for your help!

R.

Myself and Djadjok have a thread here that tells you how to get it from Medium security bases (or similar bases) without needing to fight anything or get any bounties in the process:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...List-and-Guide-for-Modified-Embedded-Firmware

There is also a number of other contributions in the thread as well, including an extremely useful pathfinding tool by NeoTron located here:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...nt-scanning-helper-tool?p=5144108#post5144108

To get started though I'd recommend starting with the first post in the thread and then using the tool once you've learned the scan path for each of the main base layouts.

I posted this in another thread.... But here goes.

Ok so basically to get these you need to get in an SRV and go to settlements.
Once at the settlement you will want to find "data points". You target and scan the data point.
Once you scan the data point it will begin a timer. You have x seconds to find the next data point and scan it before the timer runs out
Each data point scanned adds time to the timer
Once you scan all the data points (order doesn't seem to matter) you get 1-4 "data" materials.

Certain settlements are dangerous. The ones that drop MEF will be dangerous to go to. However below is a list of ones you can go to in order to have a reasonable chance of MEF's without being in danger.
***Just don't enter the "red zone" on your scanner or you get a fine and the enemies come after you.

So below is the list of settlements you will want to go to. I modified the list from the original poster so that you can go in order. Instead of jumping from 100 ly back then abck again I tried my best to make it a line you follow so your not back tracking and wasting time flying from one end of the bubble to the other. Its not perfect as I was eyeballing it when I made the list.

1. Go to the settlement
2. Go to http://edtools.ddns.net/settl.php?s=Sak+Chelmir&nt=on
Look for the "type colum" and next to that see if the maps colum has a path link. Then compare the settlement type I have listed for that settlement with the type on the site and use that map. Its always the same map for that type. The path is the recommended one but you can use another path. I prefer having the map open on my 2nd monitor while doing it.

System name - planet - settlement name / Settlement type

70 Ophiuchi - Richardson - Leckie's Claim / L1M
Wiknariu - 1F - Cheranovsky Stop / L1M
Auschauts - A3 - Fernao Do Po Point / M5M
Auschauts - A4 - Dummer Plant / L2M
Luguls - 2 - Penrose Works / L2M
Ayu - 1D - Escobar Reach / L1M
Du Shas - A2 - Mouhot Plant / L2M
Prthautas - A3 - Clebsch Horizons / M5M
Murare - 1 - Boucher Holdings / L2M
Gender - A1 - Thollon Horizons / L1M
HIP 116460 - B6 - Nagata Landing / L3M
Gliese 900.1 - A11D - Hamilton Landing / L1M
CD-54 9671 - 5F - Caillie Terminal / L3M
Nyx - B1 - Thompson Horizons / M5M
Imani - B4 - Qian Point / L1M
Kagudi - AB4 - Spinrad Settlement / L1M
G 173-53 - 2 - Thurston Terminal / L3M
Kokary - 3 - Sawyer Beacon / L1M
Kruger 60 - B1 - Ehrenfried Kegel Horizons / L1M
Altair - 1 - Galvani Depot / L2M
Gabraceni - 7C - Ampere's Inheritance / L1M
Raksaka - 3F - Garan Horizons / L3M
B2 Carinae - A4D - Ricci Vision / L3M
B2 Carinae - A5B - Alvarado Reach / L1M
LP 672-42 - B10C - Blaschke Base / L3M
Wyrd - Lister - Gulyaev Vision / L3M
LFT 992 - B5A - Scithers Beacon / L3M
LHS 2541 - A3 - Burnham Terminal / L2M
89 Leonis - 7D - Burgess Holdings / L2M
89 Leonis - 7D - Payne's Inheritance / L2M
Wolf 397 - Trus Madi - Gibson Prospect / L1M
HIP 41844 - BC2 - Petaja Depot / L2M
Khwathis - A2 - Elvstrom Holdings / L2M

Hope this helps.
I got 50 MEF about half way down this list.

Also you if you dont scan all the data points in time just restart.
Once you do complete the scan of the 3-5 data points you can't rescan them again until around 2 weeks or so has gone by.

And my personal recommendation...don't worry about damage as your running aroundin your SRV. When you dock with your ship again you will repair the SRV fully. So unless you go really crazy dont worry about being too careful....just go fast :p Fuel is the only thing you need to worry about but honestly just jump out, do the data points, jump abck in your ship, go to the next settlement and you wont ahve to worry about that either....if you have sulpher and phosphporus thingy you can use that otherwise just go ahead and dock at a station which auto refuled your SRV.

I see that this is now given as a mission reward i have been on holiday for a while so i presume this is since the latest update ?

Here's a good MEF and CIF farm: The following 2 pictures are of (1) a list of M3M settlements that can be farmed for around 50 CIF and 50 MEF every 2 weeks. Printed out, the list makes a nice score card. As seen in (2) the second picture, all these M3M settlements are exactly the same layout, with only 4 data-points to scan per settlement and about 4 minutes to scan them all. Piece of cake. Finding a good place to land is a little iffy, sometimes. As soon as you arrive over the settlement a security ship takes off and begins circling. So long as you do not trespass you can ignore it, I usually land right at about 1 Km from the settlements to avoid trespass and the security ship flies right over my ship. Ships have to land around 1 Km away, security ignores SRVs unless they violate the no-trespass zone, clearly marked within each settlement. Land facing the last data-point and when finished scanning, turn away from the base and there is your ship, 1 Km away. o7

NmMhgwn.jpg
o7

Last edited:
Here's a good MEF and CIF farm: The following 2 pictures are of (1) a list of M3M settlements that can be farmed for around 50 CIF and 50 MEF every 2 weeks. Printed out, the list makes a nice score card. As seen in (2) the second picture, all these M3M settlements are exactly the same layout, with only 4 data-points to scan per settlement and about 4 minutes to scan them all. Piece of cake. Finding a good place to land is a little iffy, sometimes. As soon as you arrive over the settlement a security ship takes off and begins circling. So long as you do not trespass you can ignore it, I usually land right at about 1 Km from the settlements to avoid trespass and the security ship flies right over my ship. Ships have to land around 1 Km away, security ignores SRVs unless they violate the no-trespass zone, clearly marked within each settlement. Land facing the last data-point and when finished scanning, turn away from the base and there is your ship, 1 Km away. o7

http://i.imgur.com/NmMhgwn.jpg http://i.imgur.com/xhHhcgy.jpg o7

I only had time to hit the first 12 on that list but came away with 12 CIF and 18 MEF in about 2 hours. Thank you very much for this. I will definitely be hitting this up any time I need either of those.

Top Bottom