News Changes to Ram Tah Mission Bonus Rewards

Greetings Commanders,

As many have already noticed, the reward bonus for Ram Tah’s Ancient Ruin data mission has changed.

Ram Tah’s mission was initially intended as a temporary event within the game to further the narrative of the Ancient Ruins and research of its origins and purpose. This was to be replaced with the mission from Professor Palin – which is now active within the game. We decided that instead of removing this event mission from the game, it would remain at a reduced bonus so that those who didn’t have the opportunity to take part before can still do so.

Anyone that accepted this mission prior to the changes will receive the original reward bonus and will not be affected, while those who accepted the mission since these changes were made will receive the new, decreased bonus.

It is worth noting that missions within the game are subject to change and high-paying mission rewards will be tweaked as necessary. If you have any concerns or feedback please be sure to let us know and we’ll continue to report back any discussions to the Development Team.

Greetings Commanders,

As many have already noticed, the reward bonus for Ram Tah’s Ancient Ruin data mission has changed.

Ram Tah’s mission was initially intended as a temporary event within the game to further the narrative of the Ancient Ruins and research of its origins and purpose. This was to be replaced with the mission from Professor Palin – which is now active within the game. We decided that instead of removing this event mission from the game, it would remain at a reduced bonus so that those who didn’t have the opportunity to take part before can still do so.

Anyone that accepted this mission prior to the changes will receive the original reward bonus and will not be affected, while those who accepted the mission since these changes were made will receive the new, decreased bonus.

It is worth noting that missions within the game are subject to change and high-paying mission rewards will be tweaked as necessary. If you have any concerns or feedback please be sure to let us know and we’ll continue to report back any discussions to the Development Team.

Hi, loved this mission, and you have my support,though I am sad.
I just wished you didn't use an excuse like "temporary" ,seeing as you have never told us this before.

"update"
As for feedback, potentially consider making these announcements prior to rather drastic changes such as this.

^This

I picked up the mission some time ago but didn't have time or even the possibility (due to it being bugged) to complete it. Recently the timer ran out (mission failed) and I wanted to reacquire it to finish it the coming weekend.
Well so much for that. Not going to do that now. If I spend so much time doing a mostly boring activity I want to at least be adequately compensated for it.

It would be a fair change if it was still 100mil for everyone doing it for the first time, or at least scale the reward according to the explorer rank or something.

Silently reducing the reward this drastically WITHOUT A PRIOR ANNOUNCEMENT is just asking for people to get annoyed. But by now I have the feeling FD just likes it when people hate their decisions.

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders,

A mission that was buggy for four months, just to stay with the facts. And to be honest, there are so many ways in ED at the moment to make 200 million per hour that the move to reduce the bonus was pretty much unnecessary and just annoying.

We all like the diversification that Elite brings us - you just removed one part.

And most annoying: Players have to open a thread, inform the community managers about a change, and the community manager reacts. ITS THE TOTALLY WRONG WAY!

*grml

Nice to know, Oh? How do I get the Palin Mission, been at Obsidian Orbital a while and no mission? :(

It's hardly a replacement for the Guardian Ruins mission. It pays very little (I got less than 500k for the first mission I did). It does get you out to the new sites (which are amazing!), but you have to deal with carting around corrosive and illegal cargo. And lots of pirates attack you (at least, they did me). And it turns out not to be a chain, just randomly generated missions.

Vid if you care:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpnCXEugdtY

Have fun out there, commanders.

I have to agree with the above - it was bugged for so long that a lot of CMDR's haven't got around to doing it, and the PS4 players never got a chance to get the large bonus - what about them?

Also, please let us know beforehand next time

This
"update"
As for feedback, potentially consider making these announcements prior to rather drastic changes such as this.

This
I picked up the mission some time ago but didn't have time to complete it. Recently the timer ran out (mission failed) and I wanted to reacquire it to finish it the coming weekend.
Well so much for that. Not going to do that now. If I spend so much time doing a mostly boring activity I want to at least be adequately compensated for it.

It would be a fair change if it was still 100mil for everyone doing it for the first time, or at least scale the reward according to the explorer rank or something.

Silently reducing the reward this drastically WITHOUT A PRIOR ANNOUNCEMENT is just asking for people to get annoyed. But by now I have the feeling FD just likes it when people hate their decisions.

And this
A mission that was buggy for four months, just to stay with the facts. And to be honest, there are so many ways in ED at the moment to make 200 million per hour that the move to reduce the bonus was pretty much unnecessary and just annoying.

We all like the diversification that Elite brings us - you just removed one part.

And most annoying: Players have to open a thread, inform the community managers about a change, and the community manager reacts. ITS THE TOTALLY WRONG WAY!

*grml

The fact that the mission was buggy and then fixed and then broken again and then I don't know what is what actually put me off even attempting it. And now that it's actually working, you decrease the incentive to do it? I find this fairly disappointing. It was also never my understanding that this was a temporary event - it would have been nice to know this (a lot) earlier so I could actually try going for it.

Thanks for leaving it in the game at least. I feel for the PS4 players.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator

Very good point.

FDEV - please let the community know about changes like that, either via Galnet or forums, but BEFORE the change :)

Thank you for the update.

Given the issue that has been with this mission and the amount of work put in by a lot of CMDRS I feel it would only have been fair to give some indication of the somewhat 'temporary' nature of the mission.

It is one of the best missions in the game and more of the same would be greatly enjoyed but the handling of this has been pretty poor at least.

Just a suggestion for communication. I travel out to the Pleiades fairly regularly, but have no reason to stop at Obsidian. Will there be a Galnet announcement that Palin is looking for help? Otherwise non-forum readers may never know.

Last edited:
Top Bottom