Unique Station Tour of the Galaxy (Pic Heavy)

So I have decided to do a little something different and take a tour of the more unique and interesting stations and installations around the bubble and beyond. As I progress I will share my tour with you in pictures. All of the destinations can be found in this thread......

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...s-CQC-structures-and-other-new-in-game-assets

Thanks go out to all of those Commanders who initially found all of the stations and such.

Today we start the tour in Alpha Centauri, home of the infamous Hutton Orbital (though I didn't have to go there today). This Civilian Installation orbits planet B1 in this system. It's kind of cool little place. I wonder if they serve Centauri Mega Gin in Hutton Mugs in the bars here. :D

e6VNXOO.png

sLD7h2M.png

Next stop is the Huge Scientific Installation at Amadioha. This station is very close to a DA White Dwarf star making the approach a little interesting. The scientists there are doing scans of the star. Lots of comms chatter about their progress.

DBs8T3d.png

oVqwkvA.png

Stop three for today was at the Scientific Installation in the Atins system. The scientists there were quite excited about their research, even making remarks such as "This is real research Palin!".

TFHQ9qn.png

xUL13Q9.png

The station at Atins even had lighting arrays the lent to an opportunity to take a good selfie. Meet the Smart Asp. Though she isn't heavily engineered she will do 41 Ly unladen.

EcVIsom.png

That's it for now. I am on my way to BD+22 3878, a 941 Ly trip, but unfortunately I have to get in my Earthly ground transport and go do that thing that keeps the lights on. I'll bring more images from my travels real soon though.

Fly Safe Commanders!

Last edited:
I'd bet a lot of people don't remember hutton looking like one thing or another. But that happens when you're simultaneously ultra-exhausted from space trucking and completely smashed from drinking a bit too much out of those hutton mugs. ;)

What?
I don't remember Hutton Orbital looking like that.

I'm sure Hutton was just another standard station design back in 3301. I don't recall it looking like that either.

I'd bet a lot of people don't remember hutton looking like one thing or another. But that happens when you're simultaneously ultra-exhausted from space trucking and completely smashed from drinking a bit too much out of those hutton mugs. ;)

Yeah so that station at Alpha Centauri B1 doesn't look like Hutton because it isn't Hutton Orbital. Hutton Orbital is a standard outpost and looks like this....

zEY6tlJ.jpg

If you notice in the OP I said "...home of the infamous Hutton Orbital (though I didn't have to go there today)."

Skimmers. And here I thought they were things that fell out of the sky. :D

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Nice thread! :) Those are some interesting looking installations.

Yeah so that station at Alpha Centauri B1 doesn't look like Hutton because it isn't Hutton Orbital. Hutton Orbital is a standard outpost and looks like this....

If you notice in the OP I said "...home of the infamous Hutton Orbital (though I didn't have to go there today)."

Skimmers. And here I thought they were things that fell out of the sky. :D

Ok, no problem, if it had changed I would have had to go there again!
Still, the pictured station looks worth a visit.

For today's update we start all the way out in the BD+22 3878 system near planet 5 where we find this Tourist Installation. The place is swarming with Cruise Ships so watch your flight path Commanders. You know how those Belugia's can be.

I did find it odd that the bio-domes on the station were not facing the star, though I may have arrived at the wrong time. Either that or this is a place where celebrities can come and leave their shades at home.

ZGDL891.png

ZMwDZoJ.png

Our next stop is in the Belu system at this Comm's Installation. It is billed as a CQC asset and does sport plenty of tunnels for cruising through.

I apologize for the night time shot. This was actually my second visit since my first arrival found the station on the night side of the planet so I went and did some RL stuff in hopes that my return visit would find better lighting. Alas that was not the case.

AvMTWcG.png

eYiXKvj.png

Stop number three for the day is in the Dain system at this Unauthorized Installation aka Pirate Base. As you drop out of Supercruise you will get the "Security Uplink Failed" message just as you would entering a Haz Res site, so there is no security presence here. I got scanned more times than I can count but my holds were empty so no pirates bothered with me.

The view is pretty nice here being nestled just above the rings of a gas giant. Again I apologize for the night shot.....see above explanation as it applies.

AeFgPfd.png

cxm3dTI.png

Our last stop of today's journey is the Communications Hub Zeta 12 in the Electra system. This place is a High Security Zone and they really do not like trespassers. There was some comms chatter about "target acquired" and such but I really paid it no mind the first time. But as soon as I passed thru one of tunnels I came under fire! Since I had yet to take any screenshots I jumped out and back real quick.

On my second instance the chatter about "catching a rat" made me pick my screenshots with a bit more urgency but I got them in before coming under fire again.

It's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there considering the attitude of the local security forces. :D

zxU7I3T.png

y1VyZNa.png

That's it for today Commanders. i hope you enjoyed today's tour.

Fly Safe Commanders!

Oh and by the way, each of the sites I have visited have also had a couple of scannable satellites and some common mats floating around so if you happen be in the area or stop by there is that added bonus.

I must say that today's journey almost didn't happen.

You see, last night I tossed a few (ok, a lot of) credits into the pocket of one of the local Constables at the Belu station and managed to gain access. While I was enjoying myself in one of their fine drin....err, I mean entertainment venues I ran across an old friend. One thing led to another and after a LOT of ale, some Nyborg and a few Orion slave girls we had one helluva night I must say!

But when the fog wore off and I launched the Smart Asp into the void once more I took a look back at the station and took this shot at sunrise. Or is it sunset? Awww hell, what difference does it make?

I'll have a fond memory of Belu. :D

yCNF89g.png

Anyway, our first stop is in the Facece system at a Military Installation. It appears to be a repair facility and has two Majestic Class Interdictors docked there. Both have some battle damage and there is plenty of work going on so I figured I would let them be after basking for just a moment. I salute all those brave souls who man those ships.

22RrGuQ.png

A few systems over we find this Military Installation orbiting the first planet in the Gridge system. This installation does have a trespass zone enforced so choose your course there wisely. (silly Federation types)

4rqwuPW.png

iOroSev.png

And our final stop today is at Groombridge 34. Orbiting planet 4 A is this Scientific Installation. I'm not sure what they are probing but they sure are excited about it. These guys are also snubbing Professor Palin, touting their research as more important. Silly scientists all think they are right!

vaL88CA.png

61Z6PkT.png

Well that's it for this installment. I think I'll dock here at Jones Estate In Groombridge 34 and have some repairs done and get a real live water shower. I still feel a little foggy after last night. Maybe the water will clear my head.

Fly Safe Commanders!

Our first stop today is somewhat of a good place to know about, and maybe even a bit exciting for some.

It is the Panacea Medical Center in the HIP 17519 system. I mean really, who doesn't need a hospital on occasion? You just never know when that old plasma conduit is going to rupture and melt the face off of that red-shirted crewman. :D

And some of you may know that the centers minimal claim to fame is that this is where Salome's final message was transmitted. You can even scan the Ship Log Uplink (with that new fangledy data scanner on your ship) and get your very own excerpt of the message. She does sound like a troubled lady.

This is also, in my opinion, one of the more unique and interesting stations I have run across so far.

wlUqS4y.png

SB3dhsN.png

And if protestors (or protesting) are your thing, head on over to the Federation Government Installation in the Inti system. The people are hard at work there trying to influence the elected authorities. I'm just surprised that I didn't see any protestors and/or signs floating around outside near an airlock!

oo99ppy.png

R31Qwnq.png

I will admit that I did skip the Tourist installation out at HR 6164 (for those who may be following the list in the link in the OP) but I just didn't have the gumption to make the 1500Ly trip there today. Maybe another time.

Until next time.......Fly Safe Commanders!

Well here's you friendly tour guide, Commander Sneaux checking in once again. I'm not sure how I made it thru today without mishap because after the first stop my mind was a bit fuzzy.

My first stop of the day was in the Kappa Fornacis system (yes, that Kappa Fornacis system) and found an interesting Agricultural Installation, complete with grow lights. I wonder if they use hydroponics or if it's just a simple dirt setup?

O0BOGuY.png

And like which plant is the Onionhead man? [wacky]

n7cd05C.png

So like then I did that hyperdrivethingymajigthing and tripped over to the Lakshu system and came across this Industrial Installation. It's a fairly quiet place but inside they are probably making like bongs or something. Yeah right man! :D

8eqlJ9q.png

Xeb5Ei6.png

Now over in LFT 926 we find this Large Military Installation. And large it is. I had to back of quite a distance to get the whole thing into a shot. Another interesting side note is that while there were plenty of Vultures stationed there, their main System Defense Force was made up of a wing of Belugia Liners. Who would have thought that? Strange.

This station is also quite close to the star so keep a heat sink handy for when you are ready to spool up the FSD.

hc2xXwK.png

NbYh4ou.png

As luck would have it Shinrarta Dezhra was just a short jump away from LFT 926 so I took the opportunity to stop in at Jameson Memorial tweak my loadout for just a bit better jumprange and to catch up on some of the news and happenings in the Pilots Federation pub located there.

Until next time Commanders, Fly Safe!

Cool!

This just shows that there are other things to do and see vs the <insert grindy thing here> that many feel the need to do. And so far 98% of these places are inside the bubble so there is even no need for a loooong trip.

Maybe others will get the inspiration too. Or maybe folks just think I'm that old person on the bus tour to see the largest ball of string and passing around their vacation pictures. :D

OK now class......Class.....now pay attention up here and open your Science textbooks to page.....

Errr, I mean this morning we are on a tour of Scientific Installations. OK, so maybe it's not morning where you are in the galaxy but work with me here.

First stop is the Large Scientific Installation in LFT 1748. There are some very excited scientists here who believe that others in their profession are tin-foil hat wearing cranks who spew mumbo jumbo science. Isn't science all relative anyway?

And as you can see there are lots of tunnels to fly through at this station. In fact the one I flew through had some power-couplings inside. Since I am unarmed I had to ram them to get past and two of them was all it took to take my stock 6A shields down to like 2%. Maybe I should have had those pulse lasers installed after all.

G2RPasC.png

iF7al66.png

Our second stop is in the Lidpar system at another Scientific Installation. I am glad I arrived just after/before its daylight transition because the lighting is very Tron-esque. Very cool indeed!

EMWDnLE.png

My7V5YZ.png

The last stop of the morning (remember you are working with me here :D) is at the Scientific Installation in the Moyot system. This place is billed as a CQC tunnel place and while some of them do look interesting I am more enamored with the backdrop of the ringed gas giant. It would be a great place to crunch some science in my head and then relax trying no to crunch my Eagle in a tunnel.

jMJGuVd.png

ZMtqMNL.png

'Till next time Commanders.

Fly Safe!

Those facilities look incredible.

I wish they had a purpose other than just sightseeing. I would love them to be dockable and to have some kind of purpose, like being the source or destination of missions matching the installation type.

Commander Sneaux here signing in for another station tour update.

Earlier today I attempted three stops but only two proved fruitful. The "Unauthorized Installation" in the Rahu system was not where it was supposed to be, nor anywhere else in the system that I could find. Maybe it was completely destroyed. After all, it really was a space station and not a small moon. :D

But I did find a Giant (long) Civilian Installation in the Nevermore system. This station really is unique considering its configuration. And while I was there I witnessed two space battles between the cops and the bad guys. It's probably a good thing I was keeping my nose clean in their space.

XS8NhFp.png

fjvKhvF.png

Next up was another Giant Civilian Installation, this time in the Ngalkin system. It was billed in the travel brochure as another CQC structure with tunnels and such. A pretty cool place but pretty quiet too.

OkpnFK5.png

dVePBqv.png

Stay tuned for another update shortly. It might just be the most interesting update of the tour.

Fly Safe Commanders!

And now time for the update you have all been waiting for! The last one?

In this Update we shall see some things that we have never seen before, and things that will prove interesting, and something that may be evn more interesting than all of that combined. Maybe.

Our first stop this time around is in the San Tu system at the Giant (and I mean giant) Scientific Installation. This place is BIG! The travel brochure also list this as a CQC installation and it for sure has plenty of tunnels and places to fly around in and get lost. It's so big I couldn't really do it justice with only two shots.

Really cool place.

kkH0S7U.png

HECd3VG.png

VJl3Mr9.png

Did I mention that this place was BIG?! :D

XdkrUQ9.png

OK so after that last visit I needed a drink and where do you think my travels conveniently took me?

Well you guessed it! I ended up at a Space Pub aka a Civilian Installation in the Thrutis system. This looked like the kind of inviting place to dock and get your mind right, if ya know what I mean. There were plenty of other thirsty spacefarers popping in and out and I'm sure a good time was had by all.

uDWCoaZ.png

2egarJQ.png

Now something that made the Space Pub even more interesting was its array of billboards. We have all seen the small ones at space stations as you come in for a landing, but these put those to shame.

The most interesting one was this one for Lavian Brandy. Even the fine print was interesting and reads something like "Lavian Brandy and images ___ are registered trademarks ___ by David Braben. Alcohol ___ by volume (___) Lavian Brandy Distillery ___ .

uUI4HP0.png

Some other noteworthy billboards......

foqFflp.png

wK4kucM.png

ZUVZ2t8.png

aJrEWmd.png

MpS7sKo.png

Kp6nvzO.png

So after a hard night of drinking and carousing and some of those other associated fun activities (or not so fun as the case may be) what might you be in need of but......

This Medical Facility in the Zelano system. It must have been a slow night (or a bad instance) but my scanner was eerily blank and the comms were silent. Maybe I had just gotten there before the rush. Who knows?

UoBbauG.png

Bn71WNU.png

Well, sadly this brings us to the end of the Space Installations tour. All of the installations were found in the following thread.....

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...s-CQC-structures-and-other-new-in-game-assets

With an alternate version here......

https://canonn.science/codex/orbital-installations/

I hope you enjoyed following along as much as I did bringing these wonders to your desktop. There are a great many sights to see in this wondrous galaxy, that is for sure. But where shall I go from here? Who knows. Maybe I'll tour the Megaships (like that hasn't been done already). Or the Asteroid Bases. Or even the Surface Structures.

Wherever I go I am sure it will be interesting and unique.

Fly Safe Commanders!

Last edited:
Those facilities look incredible.

I wish they had a purpose other than just sightseeing. I would love them to be dockable and to have some kind of purpose, like being the source or destination of missions matching the installation type.

Yes it would be way cool to be able to utilize these stations as we would any of our normal ones. Or better yet to call one of them home base.

Oh the possibilities!

Cool thread, very entertaining!

Thanks.

Positive threads are to far and few between around here.

Top Bottom