Anaconda or Corvette?

I've already got a Cutter, but that is mainly a cargo cow for CGs, etc.

I'd like to get a ship for PvE combat and be able to have multi crew, so I guess turreted weapons are a must? A SLF is also a requirement.

So 'conda or 'vette? Ship builds would be welcome too.

Hehe, that was my thread, and I added another asking about corvette or cutter.... Based on the opinions shared, I went with the Corvette, and it's working out quite well at this point. Better than the Anaconda that I've been using for quite a while. Good luck and enjoy!

Just picked up a vette in LHS 20 (155 million) just trying to A rate it now. Not sure on the load out yet, but that FSD is going to need the attention of an engineer I think!

Just picked up a vette in LHS 20 (155 million) just trying to A rate it now. Not sure on the load out yet, but that FSD is going to need the attention of an engineer I think!

Yea, the vette's jump range is not the greatest. My PvE combat rigged vette does almost 20Ly which is good enough for getting to haz res and CNB locations.

Many complain about the jump range of the vette, but it's slightly better than my FDL's jump range and no one seems to cry about that one. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Since you already have a Cutter, I recommend getting the Corvette. After getting the Cutter and Corvette my Anaconda has been collecting dust in the hanger because I have no use for it anymore.

A lot cheaper to ship a FdL, Corvette transfer is nuts.

Yea, the vette's jump range is not the greatest. My PvE combat rigged vette does almost 20Ly which is good enough for getting to haz res and CNB locations.

Many complain about the jump range of the vette, but it's slightly better than my FDL's jump range and no one seems to cry about that one. :rolleyes:

Since you already have a Cutter, I recommend getting the Corvette. After getting the Cutter and Corvette my Anaconda has been collecting dust in the hanger because I have no use for it anymore.

Yeah - I've gone with the Corvette since it seems to more suit what I want to achieve (PvE & Multicrew). I'll buy a 'conda when I go long range exploring.

wrmiller - What car is that in your avatar, BTW?

I light weighted mine after getting the corvette. It does now 60Ly and has all the hardpoints I need for transporting modules around to engineers.

A lot cheaper to ship a FdL, Corvette transfer is nuts.

This is very true! But I have no issues flying the vette to anywhere inside the bubble, and even a few hundred light years or so beyond. If I need to go further than that I'll take a different ship. :)

I light weighted mine after getting the corvette. It does now 60Ly and has all the hardpoints I need for transporting modules around to engineers.

That's a great idea, I wish I'd thought of it before hauling my Corvette around to all the engineers [blah]

Last edited:

You'll love it. The Corvette is much larger, beamier, has heavier armor, more slots and can mount larger weapons. I expect it to turn like a whale. The Annie is just plain sluggish for its relatively smaller size and mass. o7

You'll love it. The Corvette is much larger, beamier, has heavier armor, more slots and can mount larger weapons. I expect it to turn like a whale. The Annie is just plain sluggish for its relatively smaller size and mass. o7

I don't know your definition of "sluggish" but I manage to swing around on most small ships and only loose lock for a few seconds with my huge gimbaled beams. I don't even bother with FA off. I just use the engines and thrusters.

IMO the vette is much more agile than the conda.

An A rated Vette with some keen engineering is sheer run in a HazRes, you're practically untouchable.
I call it npc stomping, quite relaxing actually.
A fully upgraded Conda with G5 dirty drives is just as much fun though, the Vette is just a bit more overpowered.
I don't mind the Vette being so op, it should be, it's a class in it's own and it's price is too.
A 600 million battle ship should be much stronger then a 80 million battle ship imho.

To tell you the truth i miss my conda, grinded my bleeps off to get that thing, and according to Coriolis the conda is the only ship with 8 hardpoints for weapons
Butt then i have to say vette has better defens can carry more ect.. downside is even fully modded FSD and guardian booster i wont go over 30 LY with the vette

My Vette is pretty powerful as a hazrez miner.. Painite by the bucket load (320 +10 in the hoppers) and chews through any PVE pirates that ask 'what are you hauling' great fun and very profitable.

That's because the FDL is actually gains combat advantages that offset the jump range. The Corvette does less damage than a Conda and has significantly less base shields than a Cutter. Which means that it should have jump range somewhere in between those two ships. Yet it has the same abysmal jump range of ships that have best-in-class shields/damage. It makes no sense.

Top Bottom