[DISCOVERY] new Unknown Ship (crashed) Hip 17125 A 3 A -65.8193 | 48.8662

How did you find the crash? Did you search a planet that was already known for the old crash?

Last edited:
Err it's English here ;), let's see how well I can translate without Google......

[edit] nm, he's translated it now, I was close ;) 'How did you find this crash site, you searched a planet which is already known for an ancient crash?' - (it is?) (had to google 1 word :p)

Last edited:
Err it's English here ;), let's see how well I can translate without Google......

[edit] nm, he's translated it now, I was close ;) 'How did you find this crash site, you searched a planet which is already known for an ancient crash?' - (it is?) (had to google 1 word :p)

Yes I know it is English I go to the forum every day, but I started to write in French at the beginning I realized after =)

The smaller spawn of the mother Thargoid ships were called Tharglet's and they swarmed like angry bee's. Kill the mother-ship and the Tharglet's would become idle and retrievable for trade.

This is a misconception, Tharglets are the larvae stage of the Thargoids themself, they live inside another creature untill they hatch.
The small drone ships comming out of a Thargoid ship are called Thargons.

I´m right here in my SRV:

ef29f8bf-200b-440a-8e8e-cd3c516cf924.PNG

Briefly had "Thargoid Scout" appear on my panel. Lots of Thargoid Biological Matter, Technology Samples & Resins here.

Is there anything else you can do to interact with it? Also, are there any other debris or possible cargo that have scattered around that area?

Specifically if you could find a different model probe or anything else that could help us date this as a recent crash or an old crash.

Last edited:
Quick observations-

"Claws" on top and bottom. Looks like it's built to attach or grab on to something.

VdtbxSD.png

Recessed orange circles on bottom side, look like thrusts pointing laterally (would make it spin like a classic UFO?)

qtIY62q.png

About 8 Canisters of material, same as the types found in the bases (resin, biological, technology samples). Corrosive.

And i caught a pretty planet rise too:

ASOIq8v.png

Last edited:
Is there anything else you can do to interact with it? Also, are there any other debris or possible cargo that have scattered around that area?

Specifically if you could find a different model probe or anything else that could help us date this as a recent crash or an old crash.

Nothing to interact with. Biological Matter, Resins, Technology Samples floating around. Had "Thargoid Scout" with hologram appear briefly on my scanner. Might have been unintentional. This is defenitely fresh.

More pics:

With SRV for scale

67ad009f-60c7-47ff-957b-c8a67b2659b7.PNG

Does indeed look similar to the original Elite´s Thargoid

0edf5396-37a4-4779-8dac-9c69116a6f28.PNG

How was this found?

Nothing to interact with. Biological Matter, Resins, Technology Samples floating around. Had "Thargoid Scout" with hologram appear briefly on my scanner. Might have been unintentional. This is defenitely fresh.

More pics:

With SRV for scale

https://screenshotscontent-t4001.xb...=o3a02GwQUdZjiYCpNC7NVJ2iPMw2HPikDFpxq6/YAdY=

Does indeed look similar to the original Elite´s Thargoid

https://screenshotscontent-t4001.xb...=Ppfm1+5r7IQ6pLKi7FDDjXu293wl+5JpRop/pcJcl30=

How was this found?

How can you be sure it's fresh? That planet doesn't appear to have much atmosphere, so there wouldn't be much erosion besides by gravity. Not trying to interrogate, just I can't be playing now and I'm quite curious.

Great discovery, and thanks for finding it for us again (after the first discovery).

Mark this up as "mysterious thing" discovered ... makes you wonder what else FD has for us out there .... they've really gone all out to make 2.4 a special release [up]

Last edited:
Oh god, I definitely need to give these threads a break. The shape of the white clouds on the gas giant in the background almost gave me a heart attack before I composed myself...

It did say "Thargoid Scout" on my scanner and showed the hologram briefly!

That would be a point towards old ship. Humans first encountered them mid 28th century I think? So we would have records from then, but none of us have scanned one of these in flight now. So that data could be from 500 year old encounters is why it came up on your display.

Top Bottom