Patch Notes Update Beta 1 Available for Download

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I can't stay online for more than 4-5 mins and when I dock I have to select the bulletin board 6-7-8 times just to get it to load once, then server error and dumped out of the game again.

Gahh..

Online Game mode

Hey guys,

So far the game itself is running great for me, the only real issue i have encountered is although I have selected online-open game mode for the sandbox experience I seem to not be in with other players.

At first it worked but the last few hours I have seen nobody and I have had a few friends logged in with me at same station and we where unable to locate one another.

Anyone else experience this sort of thing?:S

Mission locations

Anyone figure out where to find the Pirate Lord - mission description doesn't give any clue as far as I can see?

no, No, NO.

That is not the Elite way.

Hmm... (sits back and ponders) .. Im on the fence with this, but leaning toward the Freeview Cam. simple reason :

To be able to look at the awesome detail FD have included in the ships. it was nice in Frontier to view your ship in space, and with the awesome models FD have created for Elite Dangerous, it would be unfortunate not to be able to fully enjoy them.

But you are right, its not the -=ELITE=- Way. That may have more to do with the limitations of the BBC-B and other 8bit computers though, than the game itself :D

Hmm... (sits back and ponders) .. Im on the fence with this, but leaning toward the Freeview Cam. simple reason :

To be able to look at the awesome detail FD have included in the ships. it was nice in Frontier to view your ship in space, and with the awesome models FD have created for Elite Dangerous, it would be unfortunate not to be able to fully enjoy them.

But you are right, its not the -=ELITE=- Way. That may have more to do with the limitations of the BBC-B and other 8bit computers though, than the game itself :D

I have no problems with an external view for admiring your ship or taking cool screengrabs but it should disable your weapons when using it.

I have no problems with an external view for admiring your ship or taking cool screengrabs but it should disable your weapons when using it.

OHH. Absolutely agree 100% with this, no doubt

its not an arcadey shoot em up, its ELITE yes +1 supporting that viewpoint

Hey guys, has anyone getting a:

Update failed for file
D:\Games\Frontier\EDLaunch\Products\FORC-FDEV-D-1002\Win32\Items\StellarResources\Artist_Asteroids\Data.ovl (validation error)

i've tried deleting the file and continuing the update but get this error straight away... any ideas?

thanks

If anyone is interested the error was caused by Kaspersky AV... just had to pause protection for duration of download

Hey guys,

So far the game itself is running great for me, the only real issue i have encountered is although I have selected online-open game mode for the sandbox experience I seem to not be in with other players.

At first it worked but the last few hours I have seen nobody and I have had a few friends logged in with me at same station and we where unable to locate one another.

Anyone else experience this sort of thing?:S

I think you all need to be connected to the same server, if you're not it looks to your session as if they are offline, although they are clearly not, and then doesn't 'force' you into the same instance. (which it would try to if you were attached to the same server (or so I believe))

Amazing wonderful awesome update, FD!

After I installed Beta 1.00 last night thought I would try it for a half an hour, one hour max, but ended playing from 2AM to 6AM (on vacation atm) and it felt like few minutes passed. :D Once again congratulations on superbly done job.

Just got home from work and couldn't get online immediadely so I thought I'd take a few minutes to say thank you, Thank You and Oh So Well Done to the Frontier Developers and All Those who were Involved in making my Trade Runs and lack of sleep so enjoyable.
best Wishes
from Kane

Yippee!

Won't be able to play as much as before because of the resits, but I'm super excited!!! Still going to take a break this evening! Thanks alot you guys! :)

I'm just listening ED in the background while i type this.
I have an Eagle on my back,i just want him to finally just destroy me as there is no other option, i can not engage supercruise neither there is a possibility to fight him.
I can not steer my ship, controls are horrible at best, im playing with keyboard and mouse.
There is no way to engage in a fight with anything, controls are just broken.

And why is it that i had pirates on my back, interrupting the supercruise SIX times to my first destination,4.15ly away, in beta just now.

There is nothing you can do to fight a Cobra Mk3 or an eagle, as there is no option to steer the ship in any position to fight them, and not only that but there were 3 cobbras and 2 eagles EVERY time.

So no option to steer the ship, no way to get to a destination to make some credits.
Is that it ? I payed 150 pounds for this ? I would rather just play original Elite on my A1200 right now..

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Heads up that we'll have an update going live in the next 30 minutes. The servers will be down in this time and I'll start a new thread including the change log for this update.

Michael

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom