Experimental Equipment/Weapons

Have we had any word on what the next upgrade may be.
What's everyone hoping for.
I'm hoping for a counter to the swarm.
Thoughts?

Have we had any word on what the next upgrade may be.
What's everyone hoping for.
I'm hoping for a counter to the swarm.
Thoughts?
I saw a picture of an AX Cannon somewhere here on the forums. The poster said it came from Twitter, like the art for the MCs and missiles. Makes no sense though, since The Dweller isn't known for cannon expertise.

I saw a picture of an AX Cannon somewhere here on the forums. The poster said it came from Twitter, like the art for the MCs and missiles. Makes no sense though, since The Dweller isn't known for cannon expertise.

You mean this one?

image-2.png

I'm assuming it's a laser not a cannon as it's from the Dweller. Although it does look like it has a magazine, so who knows?

Slightly disappointed to be honest I got no problem with the damage I can deal I worry bout the damage I receive mostly

I'm getting tired of the thargons.
No real counter and utterly devastating to my python.
Please fdev screw your hardpoints give me a useful counter measure for those things. Or a SLF on a ship that's clearly big enough.

Before I get slammed for ranting they took two rings of shields and 70% hull whilst winged with 3 cmdrs. 600shields 2,080armor fully repaired.

Any tips.

I'm getting tired of the thargons.
No real counter and utterly devastating to my python.
Please fdev screw your hardpoints give me a useful counter measure for those things. Or a SLF on a ship that's clearly big enough.

Before I get slammed for ranting they took two rings of shields and 70% hull whilst winged with 3 cmdrs. 600shields 2,080armor fully repaired.

Any tips.

How fast can your python boost?

Was your python down to 30% hull at the end of the fight when the goid was destroyed by your wing?

How fast can your python boost?

Was your python down to 30% hull at the end of the fight when the goid was destroyed by your wing?

No it took my hull out completely I was back to rebuy screen.
Approx 315 I believe don't hold me to it though. Il edit when I get back on. Even with SCB I'm struggling to keep my shields up when thargon swarm me. It's relentless.

Best method at the moment is boost away which I guess works only for fast ships.

But also with my reactive armor heavy duty 5 cutter (and full of hull reinforcements) I was once at 30% when we destroyed the goid.

Also in my wing the swarm attacks mostly the slowest members of my wing (condas etc.).

If you take damage you have to repair at a station while your mates hold the instance. (I boost with my cutter 3-5 km away from the goid and use repair limpets for myself while my mates visit a station.)

If we could mount more than 4 AX weapons it would be the best solution for now. Big and Medium ships with more hardpoints would make just more damage.

If we could mount more than 4 AX weapons it would be the best solution for now. Big and Medium ships with more hardpoints would make just more damage.

Whenever they release larger versions of the weapons, the duration of the engagement should decrease as a result of the greater dps. May just be a case of waiting for the class3/4. I'm in the same boat

I reinstalled the game since 2.4 was out, and went and got 4x AX missile launchers for my Cutter. I can last a decent amount of time against the 'goid, but feels like I'm not doing much to it. Winged up with two friends, Anaconda and FDL, both loaded with AX weapons, still can't do much against it. Seems we can burn down a single heart to 30% or so, but by then we're all limping away. Anaconda guy is kinda out of luck since he's slow.

All our ships are engineered decently. Are the weapons bugged, or are we using them wrong? We can get it to reveal the heart, but once it's revealed it's like the missiles just aren't hurting it at all. I'd swap out my C3 and C4 multicannons, but there are no AX variants.

I reinstalled the game since 2.4 was out, and went and got 4x AX missile launchers for my Cutter. I can last a decent amount of time against the 'goid, but feels like I'm not doing much to it. Winged up with two friends, Anaconda and FDL, both loaded with AX weapons, still can't do much against it. Seems we can burn down a single heart to 30% or so, but by then we're all limping away. Anaconda guy is kinda out of luck since he's slow.

All our ships are engineered decently. Are the weapons bugged, or are we using them wrong? We can get it to reveal the heart, but once it's revealed it's like the missiles just aren't hurting it at all. I'd swap out my C3 and C4 multicannons, but there are no AX variants.

Missiles only damage hull, since they lack armour penetration. Once it's at 80% hull one of the 4 hearts will be highlighted. The hearts are only susceptible to multicannon fire currently. There are more detailed guides on the forum, that explain it better than I have. As of now both weapon systems are only available as class 2(medium) hardpoints but both ax missiles and ax multis are needed

Last edited:
You need better aim :D
I am not Elite in anything (explorer I am pioneer) so gimballed AX weapons will make things a lot better.
But will do a 4th try to hunt a Thargoid Interceptor, now I have a 6D Fighter Hangar to make things a little easier... and as far as I've seen in videos, I will use all 4 fixed 2E AX Multicannon (more dps, and Hearts are easy to hit if ship are near enough - even for me).
If I put Thargoid Interceptor in less than 350m, sure I can hit with fixed weapons!

Top Bottom