Patch Notes Update Beta Update 1.01 Now Available

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Great work Frontier!!! Game is jaw dropping. Best sound ever in space sim! Thank you for your hard work!!!:)
Ech...I need quit my job....So much to see, and no time to play :D

Enjoying the new build. A joy to see Elite again.

Thank you Team Frontier and first starlord Braben.

--Tokus

Yes, is it expected ? I found it annoying...
I find it annoying too having to return to where I got the job from.
When it's the trading ones between Dahan and Aulin it's not that bad but it's still weird.
Feels like you're doing shady things for cash.
So atleast the honest trading ones could pay remotely as I'm pretty sure that if there's FTL travel there's also FTL communication so they can relay that you delivered and transfer the credits.

Well whatever. The trade jobs are still great, got my Viper some hours ago and already got back to 51k with some jobs and just very fast trading ^^
I love that thing, hit the boost once and bam, you're gone :D

Having fun, but man, when I DO get into the game, I'm finding that Chango Dock is really really shy. 75% of the time, when I arrive there, it disappears. And it will stay hidden over several quit to main menu, start game etc. Frustrating, as I had two missions relying of dropping cargo there. Dratted stealth station....
For me Azeban was more the problem station, though a few times Chango too but not even in the 10% area.
Weird how that differs.

I also just had to wait for 5min or more and dozen docking requests to get to dock to a station now (forgot already which it was, Aulin's probably) and there wasn't even much going on inside it.
Just a Cobra or Sidey and an Anaconda, all NPC.
And 2 abandoned Cobras, they look a bit glitchy because you can look at one point on their top or bottom, no idea which it is, through them and when you bump them do they not budge a bit away.
One was outside of the station too, pretty weird.

Damn I hate StandardBeta, almost every station dissapears on me, I have to fully close and reopen the game before it returns (save to Menu or SC) doesn't help.

You guys are quick!

Was my first time to ever play Elite Dangerous. Frontier Devs rock! I immediately tried docking. Stayed out side for a while, very close to the entrance. Those sounds...omg!
You really know what your doing, don't you!

Much love! ;)

Since my comment that the game is virtually unplayable it has worked nicely for the last few hours! Someone got my mojo working ;). I crashed into the station wall through going too fast, I lost my bearings just outside the station and got caught up and eliminated in the station facia and that having made a loss in trading, the game looked up with a fresh restart. Apart from one freeze, I am now in profit having had a couple of successful trade runs and the game has been stable throughout (apart from that one freeze). No teleports or disappearing stations, so it's looking good!

Best to all.

Thanks for the quick updates and the game itself, you guys and gals are making a damn fine game here!
Last night I had a blast just learning how to get around in the universe. This game will provide a lot of people with a fantastic reason to avoid their families... :D

Since my comment that the game is virtually unplayable it has worked nicely for the last few hours! Someone got my mojo working ;). I crashed into the station wall through going too fast, I lost my bearings just outside the station and got caught up and eliminated in the station facia and that having made a loss in trading, the game looked up with a fresh restart. Apart from one freeze, I am now in profit having had a couple of successful trade runs and the game has been stable throughout (apart from that one freeze). No teleports or disappearing stations, so it's looking good!

Best to all.

So you that guy slammed right next to me lol funny to hear all these impact sound around stations... boom there goes another one. So beside the free entertainment yes the game crashed a few times didn't get the disappearing station but coming out of SC it either froze or hang for a minute possible server lag. Excellent work on the 1.01 patch seems to be more stable now can't wait to get home from work today for more testing - so keep up the good work guys.

Works brill now :)

The voice communication is still nyon impossible to get to work and instancing can be buggy. Not to mention that the ship hangs when exiting supercruise every single time :/

But other than that, not bad for a first day beta release, not bad at all :)

A beautiful game is taking shape

As an alpha backer it is spectacular to see E:D coming together so well. The team at Frontier is really bringing their A-game.

I am curious about a few changes from premium beta to beta:
1. Why did they combine the frame shift and hyperdrive controls? Sometimes it's good to have a system locked up but you need to make a quick getaway in FSD. I know they're the same system, but it worked better before as separate systems.
2. Why are station interiors so dark now, with minimal detail visible? You can barely see anything.
3. Is it possible to make the galaxy map info screen moveable as for us triple screen fans it gets split in an unfortunate place.

Great stuff!

OH YES blue danube

Game seems to have been running stable enough for the last few hours and I got my docking computer.

The station announcer says "fly responsible" and to the tune of the Blue Danube my drunken great granny takes the helm bounces me about space and then tries to dock me with the lakon coming out of the station.

One of the craziest fairground rides I have ever been on, And cheap at only 4,500 credits.

Well done to all the Frontier team for the good work today. 07

Has anyone tested the Solo option to see if it causes the same freezes and station dissappearances?
Haven't updated to 1.01 as yet as I'm at work so can't tell myself.
Great work ever so all the same FD.

Last edited:
Has anyone tested the Solo option to see if it causes the same freezes and station dissappearances?
Haven't updated to 1.01 as yet as I'm at work so can't tell myself.
Great work ever so all the same FD.

Yes, Solo-Play works fine. at Night i played 2 Hours in one Piece without any Lags, Bugs or Freezes.

I tested the "Open-Play" too and there are mostly Lags by Exit from Supercruise to a Place with a Station. I think the big Trouble is that the Game or Peer to Peer System that you see other Players in Space is not good enough.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom